Toshiba Showcases IoT Solutions at CeBIT 2017
- Set to showcase SPINEX, its advanced IoT architecture
- Bringing the power of IoT and AI solutions to energy, industry and society
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) will be at CeBIT 2017, and looking to the future to demonstrate how its extensive know-how IoT and AI will contribute to solutions in energy, industry and society. CeBIT, the world’s largest exhibition for digital business, will take place in Hannover, Germany over March 20 to March 24, and Toshiba will be in the Japan Pavilion at Hall 4, A38, (68), showcasing essential technologies under the theme of Create a New World with Japan - Society 5.0 Another Perspective -.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170316006454/en/
Toshiba's booth image at CeBIT 2017 (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Toshiba’s IoT architecture
The main exhibit will spotlight SPINEX, a Toshiba-developed IoT architecture that fuses know-how the company has cultivated in its industrial businesses over the long term. SPINEX has three main features: Edge Computing that intelligently performs data processing to improve time to action; Digital Twin that digitally reproduces the actual operating status of things in real time for accurate emulation and simulation; and Media Intelligence that integrates image and speech recognition technologies for recognizing human intentions.
2. IoT solutions for energy
Toshiba will also highlight how its longstanding experience in power generation and infrastructure systems contributes to products and solutions that apply IoT technology in such areas as remote monitoring and control. This will include the “virtual power plants” demonstration initiative, a demonstration of how bringing Toshiba’s highly reliable rechargeable batteries, SCiB into the grid can realize advanced energy management capabilities, including demand response and integration of renewable energy sources.
3. Industrial applications of IoT and AI
Toshiba fully understands power of IoT and AI in the industrial field ?such as applying deep learning to clearing bottlenecks and error-checking at Yokkaichi Operations, Toshiba’s world-leading facility for NAND flash memories. Another display will show how the first deep learning testbed approved by the Industrial Internet Community is improving facility management at Toshiba’s Smart Community Center in Kawasaki, Japan.
4. AI application in the sports field
Recognizing that deep learning has potential in many areas, Toshiba has introduced it to a media-intelligence image and speech recognition system for application in sports. This technology can track the ball and players in both teams and automatically detect and track their movements, using only from video data, without any need for specific camera and sensors. It can be used live, during games, to assist developing offensive and defensive strategy. Toshiba further plans to fine its analyzing technology.
For more information on Toshiba IoT architecture SPINEX, please visit
To learn more about stories about Toshiba’s AI, please read our blog post
Note: SPINEX is a trademark of TOSHIBA Corporation in JAPAN.
Kaori Hiraki, +81-3-3457-2100
Public Relations & Investor Relations Div.
Media Relations Group
Source: Toshiba Corporation
- 03/23 18:12 GA-ASI Announces Japanese Collaboration at “Japan Drone”
- 03/23 15:10 Research and Markets Has Announced the Launch of Their Tesco Market Re...
- 03/23 13:00 Plarium and Fox Interactive Launch “Rio: Match-3 Party” for Mobile
- 03/23 12:00 NTT Solmare Releases a NEW Title from the "Shall we date?" Series! "Sh...
- 03/23 08:02 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Calsonic Kansei
- 03/23 03:47 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Hitachi Koki
- 03/23 01:00 Launching the Official Japan Heritage BORDER ISLANDS App.
- 03/22 22:00 Virtustream Expands Enterprise Cloud Platform for Mission Critical App...
- 03/22 19:19 Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market (2016-2022) - By Technology, Resolu...
- 03/22 14:00 Ullink Launches MiFID II Trade Reporting Solution
- 03/22 13:00 Traditional Techniques Re-Envisioned with Modern Design The Traditiona...
- 03/22 06:20 Mitsubishi Electric Announces Dividend Policy for Fiscal 2017 (April 1...
- 03/22 04:00 Niseko Classic Showing International Appeal
- 03/22 00:00 D23 Expo Disney Fan Event to Be Held in Japan in 2018
- 03/22 00:00 Sumitomo Electric Renews World Record of Lowest Loss Optical Fiber
- 03/21 15:23 Village Island Releases World-Wide the VICO-4, the “4K over Single 3G...
- 03/21 13:00 The New Vanta Handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzer for RoHS and ...
- 03/21 12:07 New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Du...
- 03/21 09:59 Announcement of the Criteria for Certifying the New Mino-Washi Brand a...
- 03/21 04:00 New Original Programming from WAKUWAKU JAPAN "WAKUWAKU be Ponkickies" ...
- 03/21 04:00 Share Happiness! Pocky Announces the Number of Happiness Shared on the...
- 03/21 02:00 Toshiba to Supply Taiwan with World's Largest Class S-Band Weather Rad...
- 03/20 18:03 Top 5 Vendors in the Global Prepreg Market From 2017-2021: Technavio
- 03/20 14:09 Instant Noodles - Global Strategic Business Report 2017 - Leading Play...
- 03/20 14:00 Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo Hosts Exhibition of Spectacular Ikebana Flower ...
- 03/20 13:00 ServiceMax Appoints Takahiro Kouke as General Manager of Japan Operati...
- 03/20 11:00 Novocure Receives MHLW Approval for Second Generation Optune in Japan
- 03/17 18:03 Automotive Dual Variable Valve Timing Market - Global Trends and Forec...
- 03/17 17:34 Notice of Establishment: New Company, Denka-KEW Genomics
- 03/17 17:00 NetJapan, Inc. Releases ActiveImage Protector 2016 R2 for Hyper-V Ente...