Automotive Dual Variable Valve Timing Market - Global Trends and Forecasts by Technavio
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Technavio’s latest report on the global automotive dual variable valve timing (VVT) market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2017-2021. Technavio defines an emerging trend as a factor that has the potential to significantly impact the market and contribute to its growth or decline.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170317005398/en/
Technavio has published a new report on the global automotive dual variable valve timing market from 2017-2021. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Praveen Kumar, a lead analyst from Technavio, specializing in research on powertrain sector, says, “The growth of the global automotive dual VVT market depends primarily on the changing environmental impact of vehicular emissions and changing customer buying behavior. OEMs equip their compact cars with dual VVTs to avoid emission scrutiny and contribute toward volume sales of VVT-based vehicles in the market.”
The global automotive dual VVT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% during the forecast period. The customers, especially in developing countries such as India, prefer fuel-efficient vehicles. The OEMs are downsizing engines to decrease kerb weight for better vehicle mileage. However, the rising stringency in environmental regulations causes OEMs like Volkswagen to reconsider its downsizing plans and equip heavy emissions after treatment to comply with the emission standards. Dual VVT system is a cheap and lightweight solution for controlling emissions and decreasing engine weight without compromising on engine output.
Request a sample report: http://www.technavio.com/request-a-sample?report=57084
Technavio’s sample reports are free of charge and contain multiple sections of the report including the market size and forecast, drivers, challenges, trends, and more.
The top three emerging trends driving the global automotive dual VVT market according to Technavio automotive research analysts are:
Development of engines to replace camshafts with pneumatic valve actuators
FreeValve, owned by Koenigsegg Automotive, a Swedish automaker, has developed an engine that uses pneumatic valve actuators to operate the opening and closing of the engine valves by using a combination of springs and air pressure. This system enables the engine to get a more optimized power output and torque. The camless engine, as termed by the company, offers more customizable control over the duration of valve lift on both exhaust and intake sides.
“The camless engine is comparatively lightweight due to the replacement of a substantial number of mechanical components within the engine. Furthermore, the company estimates that the engine will be 10% more fuel efficient, with about 30% reduction in emissions,” adds Praveen.
Use of dual VVT in compact-size passenger car
The OEMs plan to equip compact size cars with dual VVTs to improve fuel efficiency and engine power output. Increased competition from car markets of the emerging countries forces OEMs to upgrade their models with performance boosting equipment. For instance, Mahindra and Mahindra launched its KUV100 (micro SUV) that has an engine capacity of 1,200 cc and delivers a power output of about 80 bhp and around 110 Nm of torque.
Fluctuating fuel prices drive customers to choose highly fuel-efficient vehicles. OEMs downsize engines to decrease kerb weight and increase mileage. However, the increasing stringency of emissions regulations causes OEMs to equip engines with heavy aftertreatment systems to regulate the amount of emissions.
Increased investment by OEMs in building bigger cars and advanced emission control equipment
Car manufacturers try to stay ahead of the competition by building the most compact engines that are lightweight, have greater power output, and higher fuel economy. Vehicle engines are downsized by OEMs to decrease the overall kerb weight of the vehicle and reduce emissions.
However, the Volkswagen dieselgate scandal has caused government bodies to update their emissions testing procedures, not just updating the emissions standards alone. Real-world emissions testing procedures are formulated on the grounds, wherein vehicular emissions are tested in real-world conditions than in laboratories.
The key vendors are as follows:
- Delphi Automotive
- AISIN SEIKI
Browse Related Reports:
- Global Automotive Torque Vectoring System Market 2017-2021
- Global Automotive Resonator Intake Ducts Market 2017-2021
- Global Automotive Hybrid Transmission System Market 2017-2021
Become a Technavio Insights member and access all three of these reports for a fraction of their original cost. As a Technavio Insights member, you will have immediate access to new reports as they’re published in addition to all 6,000+ existing reports covering segments like auto accessories, automotive services, and wheels and tires. This subscription nets you thousands in savings, while staying connected to Technavio’s constant transforming research library, helping you make informed business decisions more efficiently.
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. The company develops over 2000 pieces of research every year, covering more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Technavio has about 300 analysts globally who specialize in customized consulting and business research assignments across the latest leading edge technologies.
Technavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape in a range of markets. Analysts obtain information using a combination of bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools and proprietary databases. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, re-sellers, and end-users.
If you are interested in more information, please contact our media team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 630 333 9501
UK: +44 208 123 1770
Source: Technavio Research
- 03/23 18:12 GA-ASI Announces Japanese Collaboration at “Japan Drone”
- 03/23 15:10 Research and Markets Has Announced the Launch of Their Tesco Market Re...
- 03/23 13:00 Plarium and Fox Interactive Launch “Rio: Match-3 Party” for Mobile
- 03/23 12:00 NTT Solmare Releases a NEW Title from the "Shall we date?" Series! "Sh...
- 03/23 08:02 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Calsonic Kansei
- 03/23 03:47 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Hitachi Koki
- 03/23 01:00 Launching the Official Japan Heritage BORDER ISLANDS App.
- 03/22 22:00 Virtustream Expands Enterprise Cloud Platform for Mission Critical App...
- 03/22 19:19 Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market (2016-2022) - By Technology, Resolu...
- 03/22 14:00 Ullink Launches MiFID II Trade Reporting Solution
- 03/22 13:00 Traditional Techniques Re-Envisioned with Modern Design The Traditiona...
- 03/22 06:20 Mitsubishi Electric Announces Dividend Policy for Fiscal 2017 (April 1...
- 03/22 04:00 Niseko Classic Showing International Appeal
- 03/22 00:00 D23 Expo Disney Fan Event to Be Held in Japan in 2018
- 03/22 00:00 Sumitomo Electric Renews World Record of Lowest Loss Optical Fiber
- 03/21 15:23 Village Island Releases World-Wide the VICO-4, the “4K over Single 3G...
- 03/21 13:00 The New Vanta Handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzer for RoHS and ...
- 03/21 12:07 New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Du...
- 03/21 09:59 Announcement of the Criteria for Certifying the New Mino-Washi Brand a...
- 03/21 04:00 New Original Programming from WAKUWAKU JAPAN "WAKUWAKU be Ponkickies" ...
- 03/21 04:00 Share Happiness! Pocky Announces the Number of Happiness Shared on the...
- 03/21 02:00 Toshiba to Supply Taiwan with World's Largest Class S-Band Weather Rad...
- 03/20 18:03 Top 5 Vendors in the Global Prepreg Market From 2017-2021: Technavio
- 03/20 14:09 Instant Noodles - Global Strategic Business Report 2017 - Leading Play...
- 03/20 14:00 Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo Hosts Exhibition of Spectacular Ikebana Flower ...
- 03/20 13:00 ServiceMax Appoints Takahiro Kouke as General Manager of Japan Operati...
- 03/20 11:00 Novocure Receives MHLW Approval for Second Generation Optune in Japan
- 03/17 18:03 Automotive Dual Variable Valve Timing Market - Global Trends and Forec...
- 03/17 17:34 Notice of Establishment: New Company, Denka-KEW Genomics
- 03/17 17:00 NetJapan, Inc. Releases ActiveImage Protector 2016 R2 for Hyper-V Ente...