Notice of Establishment: New Company, Denka-KEW Genomics
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, we announce that on February 15, 2017, KEW, Inc., a privately-held molecular diagnostics company located in Cambridge, MA, USA and Denka, Co., Ltd. , a commercial manufacturing company of chemical and life science products, located in Tokyo, Japan, officially entered into a joint venture, Denka-KEW Genomics LLC (“DKGX”), for the purposes of providing comprehensive genomic profiling to cancer patients in Japan and guiding therapeutic decisions based on individual patient tumor profiles.
“In October, 2015, KEW and Denka announced a strategic collaboration to establish the feasibility of using CANCERPLEX in Japanese patients. Our recent publication in Genome Medicine (2016) is the culmination of these efforts and serves as the basis for our establishing DKGX,” said Raju Kucherlapati, Ph.D., Paul C. Cabot Professor of Genetics and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and co-founder of KEW, Inc.
“The formation of DKGX represents a key milestone toward helping cancer patients in Japan. KEW is honored to partner with Denka in this important mission,” said Tuan Ha-Ngoc, Executive Chairman, KEW, Inc.
In the first half of 2017, DKGX will open a commercial clinical comprehensive genomic profiling laboratory in Machida City, Tokyo. Under terms of the agreement, KEW will license its CANCERPLEX sequencing platform to DKGX. Additional terms of the agreement are not disclosed at this time.
CANCERPLEX is a comprehensive genomic profiling platform for sequencing over 400 cancer-related genes, providing treatment decision support for cancer patients based on a patient’s tumor genomic profile. Using industry-leading sequencing approaches and robust data analytics, a sample acceptance rate of >95% and a rapid turn-around time of 7-10 business days, CANCERPLEX provides therapeutic options to >90% cancer patients profiled.
About Denka-KEW Genomics
Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower, 1-1, Nihonbashi-Muromachi
2-chome, Chuo-ku,Tokyo 103-8338, JAPAN
5-1, Asahi-machi 3-chome, Machida-shi, Tokyo 194-8560, JAPAN
|Paid-in Capital||10 million JPY|
|Capital contribution ratio||Denka 55% KEW 45%|
|Business Launch||April 2017|
About KEW, Inc.
KEW, Inc. is a privately-held comprehensive genomic profiling company with headquarters in Cambridge, MA, USA., dedicated to revolutionizing cancer care by providing therapeutic options based on an individual patient’s tumor genomic profile. CANCERPLEX is KEW’s flagship clinical product family for sequencing and identifying applicable targeted therapies and clinical trials.
About Denka, Co. Ltd.
Denka Co. Ltd., is a public manufacturing and distribution company for a variety of chemical products, including organic and inorganic materials, polymers, electronic materials and pharmaceuticals, contributing to the quality of life and development of society for 100 years through innovations in technology. Focusing on healthcare business sector as a key growth area, Denka is establishing its fifth business division, "Life Innovation", to accelerate its growth.
Source: KEW, Inc.
- 03/23 18:12 GA-ASI Announces Japanese Collaboration at “Japan Drone”
- 03/23 15:10 Research and Markets Has Announced the Launch of Their Tesco Market Re...
- 03/23 13:00 Plarium and Fox Interactive Launch “Rio: Match-3 Party” for Mobile
- 03/23 12:00 NTT Solmare Releases a NEW Title from the "Shall we date?" Series! "Sh...
- 03/23 08:02 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Calsonic Kansei
- 03/23 03:47 KKR Completes Tender Offer for Hitachi Koki
- 03/23 01:00 Launching the Official Japan Heritage BORDER ISLANDS App.
- 03/22 22:00 Virtustream Expands Enterprise Cloud Platform for Mission Critical App...
- 03/22 19:19 Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market (2016-2022) - By Technology, Resolu...
- 03/22 14:00 Ullink Launches MiFID II Trade Reporting Solution
- 03/22 13:00 Traditional Techniques Re-Envisioned with Modern Design The Traditiona...
- 03/22 06:20 Mitsubishi Electric Announces Dividend Policy for Fiscal 2017 (April 1...
- 03/22 04:00 Niseko Classic Showing International Appeal
- 03/22 00:00 D23 Expo Disney Fan Event to Be Held in Japan in 2018
- 03/22 00:00 Sumitomo Electric Renews World Record of Lowest Loss Optical Fiber
- 03/21 15:23 Village Island Releases World-Wide the VICO-4, the “4K over Single 3G...
- 03/21 13:00 The New Vanta Handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzer for RoHS and ...
- 03/21 12:07 New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Du...
- 03/21 09:59 Announcement of the Criteria for Certifying the New Mino-Washi Brand a...
- 03/21 04:00 New Original Programming from WAKUWAKU JAPAN "WAKUWAKU be Ponkickies" ...
- 03/21 04:00 Share Happiness! Pocky Announces the Number of Happiness Shared on the...
- 03/21 02:00 Toshiba to Supply Taiwan with World's Largest Class S-Band Weather Rad...
- 03/20 18:03 Top 5 Vendors in the Global Prepreg Market From 2017-2021: Technavio
- 03/20 14:09 Instant Noodles - Global Strategic Business Report 2017 - Leading Play...
- 03/20 14:00 Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo Hosts Exhibition of Spectacular Ikebana Flower ...
- 03/20 13:00 ServiceMax Appoints Takahiro Kouke as General Manager of Japan Operati...
- 03/20 11:00 Novocure Receives MHLW Approval for Second Generation Optune in Japan
- 03/17 18:03 Automotive Dual Variable Valve Timing Market - Global Trends and Forec...
- 03/17 17:34 Notice of Establishment: New Company, Denka-KEW Genomics
- 03/17 17:00 NetJapan, Inc. Releases ActiveImage Protector 2016 R2 for Hyper-V Ente...