Global Coated Papers Market - Size, Projections, Drivers, Trends, Vendors, and Analysis Through 2021 by Technavio
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- According to the latest market study released by Technavio, the global coated papers market is projected to grow to USD 7,221 million by 2021, at a CAGR of more than 3% over the forecast period.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170515006249/en/
Technavio has published a new report on the global coated papers market from 2017-2021. (Graphic: Business Wire)
This research report titled ‘Global Coated Papers Market 2017-2021’ provides an in-depth analysis of the market in terms of revenue and emerging market trends. This market research report also includes up to date analysis and forecasts for various market segments and all geographical regions.
|Coated papers are papers coated with a polymer or compound to enhance their properties such as smoothness, weight, surface gloss, and reduced ink absorbency. The rising popularity of online trade and e-commerce and the increasing demand for door step delivery of commodities have driven the global coated papers market across the retail packaging sector.|
Looking for more information on this market? Request a free sample report
Technavio’s sample reports are free of charge and contain multiple sections of the report including the market size and forecast, drivers, challenges, trends, and more.
Based on the product type, the report categorizes the global coated papers market into the following segments:
- Coated fine papers
- Standard coated fine papers
- Coated groundwood papers
- Low coat weight papers
- Coated art papers
- Other coated papers
The top three revenue-generating product segments in the global coated papers market are discussed below:
Coated fine papers
“Coated fine papers occupied a majority 45% of the global market in 2016 and is expected to continue its market dominance over the forecast period, due to their high demand from the printing applications,” says Hitesh Bhatia, a lead analyst at Technavio for textiles, fibers, and composites market.
Coated fine papers are wood-free in nature with an outer layer of coating applied to one side of the paper. Coated fine papers are mainly used due to its ease of calendaring and high pigment content. The amount of surface gloss, coating, and shine of coated fine papers vary according to the applications.
Standard coated fine papers
The global standard coated fine papers market is expected to be worth USD 2,018.5 million by 2021. Standard coated fine papers are mainly used in high-quality catalogs, annual reports, advertising materials, and books. These papers have a grammage range of 90-170 grams per square meter, ISO brightness above 80%, are highly glossy and flexible, and contain more than 90% chemical pulp. This market is expected to grow due to the demand for standard coated fine papers from end-use industries such as printing and packaging.
Coated groundwood papers
Coated groundwood papers are produced by mechanical grinding of pulp, using coniferous tree groundwood paper as the main raw material. Coated groundwood papers have a grammage range of 48-80 grams per square meter. These papers have properties such as enhanced sheet stiffness, excellent surface properties, and high print gloss.
“Coated groundwood papers are mainly used in the printing and packaging industry for paperbacks, newsprint, and low-cost printing applications. With recent innovations and developments, the segment is expected to grow over the forecast period,” says Hitesh.
The top vendors highlighted by Technavio’s research analysts in this report are:
- Nippon Paper Industries
- Oji Holdings
- Stora Enso
Browse Related Reports:
- Global Concrete Fibers Market 2017-2021
- Global Fiberglass Building Products Market 2017-2021
- Global Fiberglass Market for Aerospace Industry 2017-2021
Become a Technavio Insights member and access all three of these reports for a fraction of their original cost. As a Technavio Insights member, you will have immediate access to new reports as they’re published in addition to all 6,000+ existing reports covering segments like chemical engineering equipment, glass and ceramics, and industrial gases. This subscription nets you thousands in savings, while staying connected to Technavio’s constant transforming research library, helping you make informed business decisions more efficiently.
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. The company develops over 2000 pieces of research every year, covering more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Technavio has about 300 analysts globally who specialize in customized consulting and business research assignments across the latest leading edge technologies.
Technavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape in a range of markets. Analysts obtain information using a combination of bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools and proprietary databases. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, resellers, and end-users.
If you are interested in more information, please contact our media team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 630 333 9501
UK: +44 208 123 1770
Source: Technavio Research
- 05/25 19:38 Mouser Electronics Partners with Macnica to Support Engineers in Japan...
- 05/25 14:00 Macnica Partners with Mouser Electronics to Support Engineers in Japan...
- 05/25 12:00 Uhuru to Collaborate with ARM through mbed Cloud Enterprise License
- 05/25 11:00 SCIEX Sponsored Award Recognizes Notable Contributions to Electrodrive...
- 05/25 10:34 Japan Market Report for Pulse Oximetry 2017 - Research and Markets
- 05/25 10:13 Japan Market Report for Electroencephalogram Monitoring and Diagnostic...
- 05/25 09:59 Japan Market Report for Electromyogram Monitoring and Diagnostics 2017...
- 05/25 06:37 Toshiba Launches High Voltage Intelligent Power Device with 600V and 5...
- 05/25 06:00 NTT Communications Won 3 Categories at Asia Communication Awards 2017
- 05/25 05:00 Toshiba Tec Unveils World's First Monochrome Multi-function Peripheral...
- 05/25 04:32 Mitsui Chemicals Develops AIRYFA The World's First Flexible Nonwoven w...
- 05/25 02:00 SAISON INFORMATION SYSTEMS : HULFT Holds the Second Largest Worldwide ...
- 05/25 00:00 Open Connectivity Foundation to Showcase Internet of Things Innovation...
- 05/24 22:30 Quidel Receives PMDA Approval for Its Point-of-Care Sofia Influenza A+...
- 05/24 21:00 RMB Capital Welcomes Shobunsha’s Decision to Install a Compensation C...
- 05/24 16:50 NetJapan Partners with Distributor Runexy Corp. Expanding Access and A...
- 05/24 16:45 BizVibe: Innovation Dominating the Food and Beverage Industry Worldwide
- 05/24 15:19 Humavox and Asahi Kasei Microdevices Present New Health Tracking and W...
- 05/24 12:48 ESG Extends its Leadership Position in the Retail Energy Market with t...
- 05/24 12:34 Rockwell Automation CEO Discusses Future of Industrial Internet of Thi...
- 05/24 12:04 Trend Micro to Host Third Annual Capture the Flag Competition
- 05/24 12:00 Renesas R-Car Starter Kit Adopted as a Standard Reference Platform for...
- 05/24 12:00 Takeda Showcases Broadened Oncology Portfolio Through Data Presentatio...
- 05/24 12:00 MHI Aerospace Systems Corp. Selects AdaCore’s QGen for Model-Based De...
- 05/24 11:00 GORE EXCLUDER Iliac Branch Endoprosthesis Approved in Japan
- 05/24 09:51 The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. Announces Changes of Representa...
- 05/24 08:50 Jury Verdict of $256,450,000.00 against Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. ...
- 05/24 08:05 Japan Persimmons Market Report 2017 - Analysis and Forecast to 2025 - ...
- 05/24 03:35 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation Unveils New Technologies at Annual R&a...
- 05/23 23:00 InAuth Announces Asia/Pacific Market Expansion