Toshiba Expands Line-Up of Photorelays in DIP8 Packages by Adding Mid-Voltage Range Products
- Company enhancing line-up of large current products with drive current above 1A as replacements for mechanical relays in industrial applications.
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Toshiba Corporation's (TOKYO:6502) Storage & Electronic Devices Solutions Company today announced the launch of new two mid-voltage products, the 100V "TLP3823" with a 3A drive current, and the 200V "TLP3825" with a 1.5A drive current, additions to its line-up of large current photorelays to replace mechanical relays. Mass production shipments start today.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170515006838/en/
Toshiba: A 100V "TLP3823" with a 3A drive current housed in a DIP8 package. (Photo: Business Wire)
Alongside Toshiba’s current 60V “TLP3547” with a 5A drive current, the new products with drive currents higher than 1A will extend the range of photorelay application.
Recent years have seen accelerated replacement of mechanical relays with photorelays. Toshiba is supporting and promoting this shift by applying its latest trench MOSFET, 8th generation UMOS, to realize output currents exceeding 1A.
Unlike mechanical relays, photorelays have no physical contacts subject to wear and tear, an advantage that contributes to set reliability. Use of photorelays also supports development of smaller and thinner products. Toshiba’s new photorelays also offer the advantage of a guaranteed pulsed on-state current that is three times larger than continuous on-state current, securing a bigger margin for safety design.
The latest Gartner market report recognizes Toshiba as the leading manufacturer of optocouplers by sales in 2015 and 2016, with a 23% by sale-based market share in CY2016. (Source: Gartner “Market Share Semiconductor Devices and Applications Worldwide 2016”, 30 March 2016).
Toshiba will continue to deliver products that meet the needs of customers by promoting the development of a diverse portfolio of photocouplers and photorelays tailored to market trends.
TLP3823: VOFF=100V(min), ION=3A(max), ION(pulse)=9A(max)@t=100ms,
TLP3825: VOFF=200V(min), ION=1.5A(max), ION(pulse)=4.5A(max)@t=100ms, Duty=1/10
? Industrial equipment
? General purpose inverters
? Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
? Building automation equipment
? Semiconductor testers (Memory, SoC, LSI)
? Various test equipment
? Replacement of mechanical relays
|Part Number||Absolute Maximum Rating||
 New products.
Follow the link below for more on the new products and Toshiba’s
Optoelectronic Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into three focus business fields: Energy that sustains everyday life, that is cleaner and safer; Infrastructure that sustains quality of life; and Storage that sustains the advanced information society. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global
network of 550 consolidated companies employing 188,000 people
worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 5.6 trillion yen (US$50
billion). (As of March 31, 2016.)
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Storage & Electronic Devices Solutions Company
Digital Marketing Department
Chiaki Nagasawa, +81-3-3457-4963
Source: Toshiba Corporation Storage & Electronic Devices Solutions Company
- 05/25 19:38 Mouser Electronics Partners with Macnica to Support Engineers in Japan...
- 05/25 14:00 Macnica Partners with Mouser Electronics to Support Engineers in Japan...
- 05/25 12:00 Uhuru to Collaborate with ARM through mbed Cloud Enterprise License
- 05/25 11:00 SCIEX Sponsored Award Recognizes Notable Contributions to Electrodrive...
- 05/25 10:34 Japan Market Report for Pulse Oximetry 2017 - Research and Markets
- 05/25 10:13 Japan Market Report for Electroencephalogram Monitoring and Diagnostic...
- 05/25 09:59 Japan Market Report for Electromyogram Monitoring and Diagnostics 2017...
- 05/25 06:37 Toshiba Launches High Voltage Intelligent Power Device with 600V and 5...
- 05/25 06:00 NTT Communications Won 3 Categories at Asia Communication Awards 2017
- 05/25 05:00 Toshiba Tec Unveils World's First Monochrome Multi-function Peripheral...
- 05/25 04:32 Mitsui Chemicals Develops AIRYFA The World's First Flexible Nonwoven w...
- 05/25 02:00 SAISON INFORMATION SYSTEMS : HULFT Holds the Second Largest Worldwide ...
- 05/25 00:00 Open Connectivity Foundation to Showcase Internet of Things Innovation...
- 05/24 22:30 Quidel Receives PMDA Approval for Its Point-of-Care Sofia Influenza A+...
- 05/24 21:00 RMB Capital Welcomes Shobunsha’s Decision to Install a Compensation C...
- 05/24 16:50 NetJapan Partners with Distributor Runexy Corp. Expanding Access and A...
- 05/24 16:45 BizVibe: Innovation Dominating the Food and Beverage Industry Worldwide
- 05/24 15:19 Humavox and Asahi Kasei Microdevices Present New Health Tracking and W...
- 05/24 12:48 ESG Extends its Leadership Position in the Retail Energy Market with t...
- 05/24 12:34 Rockwell Automation CEO Discusses Future of Industrial Internet of Thi...
- 05/24 12:04 Trend Micro to Host Third Annual Capture the Flag Competition
- 05/24 12:00 Renesas R-Car Starter Kit Adopted as a Standard Reference Platform for...
- 05/24 12:00 Takeda Showcases Broadened Oncology Portfolio Through Data Presentatio...
- 05/24 12:00 MHI Aerospace Systems Corp. Selects AdaCore’s QGen for Model-Based De...
- 05/24 11:00 GORE EXCLUDER Iliac Branch Endoprosthesis Approved in Japan
- 05/24 09:51 The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. Announces Changes of Representa...
- 05/24 08:50 Jury Verdict of $256,450,000.00 against Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. ...
- 05/24 08:05 Japan Persimmons Market Report 2017 - Analysis and Forecast to 2025 - ...
- 05/24 03:35 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation Unveils New Technologies at Annual R&a...
- 05/23 23:00 InAuth Announces Asia/Pacific Market Expansion