Shiseido Acquires Synthetic Skin Tech from U.S. Startup
Tokyo, Jan. 12 (Jiji Press)--Major Japanese cosmetics maker Shiseido Co. <4911> said Friday it has acquired technology from U.S. startup Olivio Laboratories LLC that will allow it to produce synthetic skin.
Through the acquisition, made for an undisclosed sum, Shiseido hopes to use the new technology to strengthen its operations, including the development of cosmetics to reduce wrinkles.
- 01/16 22:57 Softbank Group to Boost Investment with Mobile Unit IPO
- 01/16 16:14 Japan Beer, Quasi-Beer Shipments Hit Record Low for 13th Year
- 01/16 15:44 Japanese Cram Schools to Introduce AI
- 01/16 13:49 Toyota Unveils New Avalon with AI-Based Assistant Functions
- 01/16 11:25 Honda Accord Named North American Car of the Year
- 01/15 22:00 Mitsubishi to Launch Joint Electric Vehicle Research with Vietnam
- 01/15 21:06 Fujitsu to Create Newspaper Article-Summarizing System Using AI
- 01/15 20:39 Mizuho Financial Names Sakai as CEO
- 01/15 13:02 Softbank Group Eyeing IPO for Mobile Phone Unit
- 01/14 18:42 Tokyo-Mitsubishi to Help Saudi Arabia with Financial Training
- 01/13 18:20 Toyota Unions to Request at Least 3,000 Yen in Pay-Scale Hike
- 01/12 22:44 Toyota Showcases Next-Generation Supercar Concept
- 01/12 20:42 Aeon to Cut Prices of 100 Private Brand Products
- 01/12 20:10 Major Japan Brewers, Excluding Asahi, Expect Sales Growth in 2018
- 01/12 18:35 Shiseido Acquires Synthetic Skin Tech from U.S. Startup
- 01/12 17:22 Toshiba Pays Off Westinghouse Debts
- 01/12 10:40 Nissan, 5 Other Firms to Start Connected Car Test
- 01/11 21:35 Aeon, Seven & i Enjoy Operating Profit Growth in March-Nov.
- 01/11 20:57 Japan Auto Unions to Seek Pay-Scale Hike of at Least 3,000 Yen
- 01/11 20:15 JR Tokai to Promote Kaneko to President in April
- 01/11 19:29 Store Name to Contain "Uny" for 1st Time in 9 Yrs
- 01/11 17:52 Asahi Kasei to Boost Lithium-Ion Battery Separator Capacity
- 01/11 17:24 Hitachi Seeking 3-T.-Yen Aid for N-Reactor Project in U.K.
- 01/11 16:09 Sony Revives Aibo Robot Dog after 12 Years
- 01/11 15:17 Honda N-Box Top-Selling Car in Japan in 2017
- 01/11 13:37 Japan Imported Auto Sales Hit 21-Year High in 2017
- 01/11 12:31 Toyota, Mazda to Build Assembly Plant in Alabama