Rakuten to Speed Up Installation of Own Mobile Network
Tokyo, Nov. 8 (Jiji Press)--Major Japanese cybermall operator Rakuten Inc. <4755> will substantially move up its plan to offer nationwide mobile phone services using its own network, Group Executive Vice President Yoshihisa Yamada told a press conference Thursday.
Rakuten, which is set to enter the mobile phone market in autumn next year by leasing related facilities of major mobile carrier KDDI Corp. <9433>, initially planned to complete work to install its own network at the end of March 2026.
- 11/16 18:50 KDDI to Discontinue 3G Services in March 2022
- 11/16 11:00 Nissan to Boost Output of First EV Model for China
- 11/15 20:32 INTERVIEW: Takeda CEO Confident of Shareholder Approval for Shire Deal
- 11/15 19:10 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Up 2.8 Pct in Oct.
- 11/15 18:21 Ikea Japan to Open Outlet in Harajuku in 2020
- 11/15 17:11 KDDI Develops Mountain Rescue Support System Using Drones
- 11/15 16:39 INTERVIEW: Nissan China Biz Head Pinning Hope on EVs
- 11/14 21:50 (Update) Suruga Bank Swings to Net Loss in April-Sept.
- 11/14 20:44 Otsuka Kagu's Net Loss Shrinks in Jan.-Sept.
- 11/14 18:43 Suruga Bank Suffers 98.5-B.-Yen Net Loss in April-Sept.
- 11/14 17:16 Subaru Withdraws from Japanese Car of the Year Race
- 11/13 23:27 Record 38.5 Pct of Major Japan Firms Offer Shareholder Benefits
- 11/13 22:24 Prices of 10 Salt Products to Go Up in Next April
- 11/13 21:30 Hisense Aims for 10 Pct TV Market Share in Japan
- 11/13 19:39 H&M Japan to Abolish Plastic Shopping Bags
- 11/12 22:41 Japan Display Cuts Projections amid Order Uncertainty
- 11/12 21:06 Suruga Bank Sues Former Management Team
- 11/12 20:59 TSE Approves Dec. 19 Stock Listing of Softbank Corp.
- 11/12 19:57 Panasonic to Launch In-House Company for Operations in China
- 11/12 18:58 Nippon Flour Mills to Raise Home-Use Flour Prices in Jan.
- 11/12 14:36 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Up for 1st Time in 2 Months
- 11/09 20:44 JR Hokkaido to Post Largest-Ever Annual Net Loss
- 11/09 20:05 Chiyoda Plunges into Huge Loss over U.S. Gas Plant Project
- 11/09 19:54 Century-Old Panasonic Finds Focus in Lifestyle Biz