INTERVIEW: Sumitomo Mitsui Launches Dedicated Team to Support Osaka
Osaka, June 13 (Jiji Press)--Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. has set up a dedicated team to help its clients take advantage of new business opportunities to be created by the 2025 World Exposition in Osaka and possible establishment of a casino-featuring integrated resort, or IR, in the western Japan city, Keiji Kakumoto, managing executive office of the bank, said in a recent Jiji Press interview.
Based in Osaka, the 24-member cross-sectional team will compile information about customer needs regarding major projects to be launched in the near future, such as the redevelopment of Yumeshima, an artificial island in Osaka Bay, as the site for the expo and the IR and the formation of a cutting-edge biomedical cluster in central Osaka, according to Kakumoto.
- 07/19 03:00 (Update) Akebono Brake to Accept 20 B. Yen from Turnaround Fund
- 07/18 21:36 Askul CEO Dismisses Yahoo Japan Threat of Ouster
- 07/18 20:28 Toyota Unveils Electric Vehicle for 2020 Tokyo Games
- 07/18 20:22 Plarail 60th Anniversary Exhibit to Open at Railway Museum
- 07/18 17:43 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Down 13.3 Pct in Jan.-June
- 07/18 16:58 Akebono Brake to Accept 20 B. Yen from Turnaround Fund
- 07/18 16:25 3-Day Rail Pass Eyed for Foreigners during 2020 Games
- 07/18 15:52 Honda to Launch Fully Revamped N-WGN in Aug.
- 07/18 13:56 Mazda 2 to Hit Japan Road in Sept.
- 07/17 22:28 Mos Food to Launch New Type of High-End Outlet
- 07/17 21:33 1st Uniqlo Stores in India to Open in Autumn
- 07/17 18:43 U.S. Ends Investigation into Kobe Steel's Data Tampering
- 07/17 18:35 (Update) Yahoo Japan Opposes Reappointment of Askul President
- 07/17 16:36 Sharp Eyeing Cognitive Training Service at Elderly Facilities
- 07/17 16:06 Yahoo Japan Opposes Reappointment of Askul President
- 07/17 16:04 JGC Wins 1st Contract for LNG Plant for Ship Fuel
- 07/17 14:53 Sumitomo, JR East Unit to Supply Trains to Philippines
- 07/17 11:32 Flight-Themed Attraction to Open at Tokyo DisneySea Tues.
- 07/17 09:40 Dentsu to Buy Indian Digital Data Analytics Biz
- 07/16 21:10 1,574 Users Lost 32.2 M. Yen in 7pay Hack
- 07/16 20:56 Sharp Eyes Giving Bonuses 4 Times a Year
- 07/16 20:19 Tokyo Disney Resort Fastpass Tickets to Be Issued to Smartphones
- 07/16 19:52 Hankyu Hanshin Becomes WeChat Flagship Department Store
- 07/16 18:26 Toyota, JAXA Start Joint Research on Moon Exploration
- 07/16 17:59 Matsumotokiyoshi Agrees on JV to Expand into Vietnam
- 07/16 17:39 Aozora Bank Launches New Internet Banking Service
- 07/16 16:56 Nissan to Release Upgraded Skyline in Sept.
- 07/16 16:10 INTERVIEW: NEC to Realize Trips without Need for Wallets, Keys
- 07/16 10:06 Nomura to Pay 26.5 M. Dlrs to Settle U.S. SEC Charges
- 07/16 09:18 Mizuho Completes Full Banking System Integration
- 07/15 13:17 Japan Post to Check All Insurance Policies
- 07/13 14:31 Liquid Baby Formula Enjoys Strong Sales in Japan
- 07/12 19:38 INTERVIEW: Centrair Chief Wants 2nd Runway
- 07/12 19:05 Hokuetsu to End Biz Tie-Up with Mitsubishi
- 07/12 17:25 Denso Forms JV in South Africa
- 07/12 14:31 Japan Display Reaches 80-B.-Yen Fund Procurement Goal
- 07/12 12:51 Daiwa Securities to Set Up Fund for Startups in Myanmar
- 07/12 09:31 External Logins Blocked for Seven & i Apps after 7pay Hack
- 07/12 07:32 INTERVIEW: NTT Docomo to Review Mobile Fee Plans