U.S. Opens Probe on Nissan SUV for Alleged Unintended Braking
New York, Sept. 12 (Jiji Press)--The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened a preliminary investigation into false activation claims about an automatic emergency braking system employed by Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co.'s <7201> Rogue, an SUV model for the North American market, it was learned Thursday.
As many as 843 complaints have been filed about the automatic safety system being activated despite there being no obstacles in the front of the car, as well as 14 reports of related collisions and five related cases of incidents resulting in injuries.
- 10/11 22:53 Renault CEO Ouster Seen Impacting Alliance with Nissan
- 10/11 22:22 Coca-Cola Japan to Release "Chuhai" Alcoholic Drink Nationwide
- 10/11 20:05 Number of Seven-Eleven Japan Stores Logs 1st Drop in 5 Yrs
- 10/11 18:06 Itochu to Enter Inbound Tourism Sector for Wealthy Chinese
- 10/11 17:47 Stores, Factories Closing as Very Powerful Typhoon Approaches
- 10/11 12:04 Z Holdings, SBI to Cooperate in Financial Services
- 10/11 09:45 Nishi-Nippon Railroad Hotels See S. Korean Guests Slump
- 10/11 09:12 Suzuki Sees Sales, Profit Fall in FY 2019
- 10/11 05:16 Toyota to Launch New Mirai FCV in Late 2020
- 10/10 21:57 Seven & i to Slash 3,000 Jobs in Japan
- 10/10 19:45 New Electric Vehicle Powered by Road Coils Receives Upgrade
- 10/10 19:11 Overseas Uniqlo Sales Top One T. Yen for 1st Time
- 10/10 19:05 Seven & i Chief to Face Pay Cut over 7pay Hack
- 10/10 17:20 Ministop Testing Shorter Hours since Sept.
- 10/10 17:07 All 4 Major Japan Brewers Log Sharp Sales Growth in Sept.
- 10/10 16:10 Nippon Paper to Buy Australian, NZ Paperboard Biz
- 10/10 15:32 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Up 3 Pct in April-Sept.
- 10/10 12:17 Hitachi Forms Alliance with Disney on IoT Technologies
- 10/09 23:42 100 Lawson Stores to Close on New Year's Day
- 10/09 16:43 Unique Biz Course to Open in Tokyo's Marunouchi
- 10/09 16:35 Konica Minolta Develops Multilingual Interpretation Service
- 10/09 14:45 JGC Wins LNG Plant Contract in Mozambique
- 10/09 12:40 8 Firms Form Alliance for Self-Driving Auto Development
- 10/09 09:59 Sony to Release PlayStation 5 in Late 2020
- 10/09 01:24 (Update) Uchida Named New Nissan President, CEO
- 10/08 22:29 Senior Vice Pres. Uchida Named New Nissan CEO
- 10/08 21:57 Tokyo Startup Unveils Flying Bike for Display at Motor Show
- 10/08 21:43 Sales at Japan Dept. Store Operator Plunging after Tax Hike
- 10/08 19:25 Sapporo to Extend Beer Best-Before Period to 12 Months
- 10/07 19:04 Watami to Build Agricultural Theme Park in Northeastern Japan
- 10/07 18:09 Japan's Onward Holdings to Pull Out of S. Korea
- 10/07 18:09 Japan Post Acquires 5 Pct Stake in Aflac
- 10/04 23:10 Kansai Electric Execs Offer to Resign from Outside Posts