Rivals Attempting to Threaten Honda's Lead in Minivehicle Sales
Tokyo, Oct. 4 (Jiji Press)--Honda Motor Co. <7267> still leads the sales battle on minivehicles, which are attracting strong demand in the country due to their reasonable prices and excellent maneuverability. But other makers have shifted up gears to overtake Honda.
Honda's N-Box left its rivals in the dust for the 25th consecutive month in September, sales data compiled by the Japan Automobile Dealers Association and the Japan Light Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Association showed Friday.
- 10/11 22:53 Renault CEO Ouster Seen Impacting Alliance with Nissan
- 10/11 22:22 Coca-Cola Japan to Release "Chuhai" Alcoholic Drink Nationwide
- 10/11 20:05 Number of Seven-Eleven Japan Stores Logs 1st Drop in 5 Yrs
- 10/11 18:06 Itochu to Enter Inbound Tourism Sector for Wealthy Chinese
- 10/11 17:47 Stores, Factories Closing as Very Powerful Typhoon Approaches
- 10/11 12:04 Z Holdings, SBI to Cooperate in Financial Services
- 10/11 09:45 Nishi-Nippon Railroad Hotels See S. Korean Guests Slump
- 10/11 09:12 Suzuki Sees Sales, Profit Fall in FY 2019
- 10/11 05:16 Toyota to Launch New Mirai FCV in Late 2020
- 10/10 21:57 Seven & i to Slash 3,000 Jobs in Japan
- 10/10 19:45 New Electric Vehicle Powered by Road Coils Receives Upgrade
- 10/10 19:11 Overseas Uniqlo Sales Top One T. Yen for 1st Time
- 10/10 19:05 Seven & i Chief to Face Pay Cut over 7pay Hack
- 10/10 17:20 Ministop Testing Shorter Hours since Sept.
- 10/10 17:07 All 4 Major Japan Brewers Log Sharp Sales Growth in Sept.
- 10/10 16:10 Nippon Paper to Buy Australian, NZ Paperboard Biz
- 10/10 15:32 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Up 3 Pct in April-Sept.
- 10/10 12:17 Hitachi Forms Alliance with Disney on IoT Technologies
- 10/09 23:42 100 Lawson Stores to Close on New Year's Day
- 10/09 16:43 Unique Biz Course to Open in Tokyo's Marunouchi
- 10/09 16:35 Konica Minolta Develops Multilingual Interpretation Service
- 10/09 14:45 JGC Wins LNG Plant Contract in Mozambique
- 10/09 12:40 8 Firms Form Alliance for Self-Driving Auto Development
- 10/09 09:59 Sony to Release PlayStation 5 in Late 2020
- 10/09 01:24 (Update) Uchida Named New Nissan President, CEO
- 10/08 22:29 Senior Vice Pres. Uchida Named New Nissan CEO
- 10/08 21:57 Tokyo Startup Unveils Flying Bike for Display at Motor Show
- 10/08 21:43 Sales at Japan Dept. Store Operator Plunging after Tax Hike
- 10/08 19:25 Sapporo to Extend Beer Best-Before Period to 12 Months
- 10/07 19:04 Watami to Build Agricultural Theme Park in Northeastern Japan
- 10/07 18:09 Japan's Onward Holdings to Pull Out of S. Korea
- 10/07 18:09 Japan Post Acquires 5 Pct Stake in Aflac
- 10/04 23:10 Kansai Electric Execs Offer to Resign from Outside Posts