Aeon Ties Up with British Online Retailer
Tokyo, Nov. 29 (Jiji Press)--Aeon Co. <8267> said Friday the Japanese retail giant has struck a business partnership deal with major British online retailer Ocado Group PLC.
Aeon aims to boost its sluggish online superstore business by setting up a new firm by next March to capitalize on know-how of the London-based firm, which operates a huge cutting-edge warehouse using artificial intelligence and robots and an elaborate home delivery network.
- 12/06 23:02 Softbank, Univ. of Tokyo to Jointly Research AI
- 12/06 20:12 1st Uniqlo Store in Vietnam Opens
- 12/06 18:54 Asahi to Buy Singapore Vending Machine Operator
- 12/06 14:29 Amazon, Japan Post to Team Up for Parcel Drop-Off Service
- 12/06 13:56 Nissan U.S. Unit to Close for 2 Days amid Sales Slump
- 12/06 12:54 MUFG Bank Weighing Fees for Dormant Accounts
- 12/06 12:34 51 Seven & i Group Supermarkets to Be Closed on New Year's Day
- 12/05 20:45 Japan Firm Sequences Genome of Mosquito Coil Ingredient Plant
- 12/05 17:47 Fujifilm Opens Biotherapeutics Research Hub in U.S.
- 12/05 17:37 Honda N-Box Falls from Top Seller Spot in Japan
- 12/05 15:36 Japan Imported Auto Sales Down 5.7 Pct in Nov.
- 12/05 11:29 Uber CEO Wants Partnerships with Japan Taxi Firms
- 12/04 23:18 Nintendo Switch to Hit Shelves in China Next Week
- 12/04 20:36 ANA to Test Shopping Service Using Robot
- 12/04 18:59 Sapporo to Release New Beer-Like Beverage in February
- 12/04 17:31 Japan Biz Sentiment Worsens for 2nd Month in Nov.
- 12/04 16:28 Jetstar, Tigerair Sign Interline Agreement
- 12/04 16:23 Keidanren Chief Likely to Attend Davos Meeting
- 12/04 12:14 MUFG Bank to Launch Smartphone Payment Service
- 12/03 21:20 (Update) Japan Tobacco Launches Caffeine Vaporizer
- 12/03 20:57 JR East New Station to Introduce AI Robot, Unstaffed Store
- 12/03 19:59 Nomura Unveils Code of Conduct for Executives, Employees
- 12/03 17:29 Presidents' Compensation at Big Japanese Firms Hits Record
- 12/03 16:42 JTB Ties Up with Chinese Travel Agency
- 12/03 16:26 Mos Food to Introduce Full Self-Checkout System
- 12/03 15:51 FOCUS: Bumpy Road ahead for New Nissan Management Team
- 12/03 12:55 Astellas to Buy U.S. Genetic Medicine Developer Audentes
- 12/03 00:18 INTERVIEW: Mizuho Securities Aiming to Boost Customer Assets
- 12/02 22:36 (Update) Okuda to Become Nomura CEO in April
- 12/02 21:58 New Nissan Chief Uchida Vows to Drive Turnaround
- 12/02 20:31 Self-Driving Wheelchairs Tested at Haneda Airport
- 12/02 19:54 Negative Impact of Tax Hike Continues at Japan Dept. Stores
- 12/02 19:53 Okuda to Become Nomura CEO in April
- 12/02 19:18 Yahara to Become Pioneer CEO
- 11/30 18:07 World-Biggest Miniature Theme Park to Open in Tokyo
- 11/29 23:19 Japan's Top 2 Shipbuilders Join Hands