Okuda to Become Nomura CEO in April
Tokyo, Dec. 2 (Jiji Press)--Nomura Holdings Inc. <8604> said Monday that Kentaro Okuda, deputy president and group co-chief operating officer at the Japanese brokerage firm, will become its president and group chief executive officer on April 1.
Okuda, 56, will succeed Koji Nagai, 60, who will assume the post of chairman. Incumbent Chairman Nobuyuki Koga, 69, is set to step down on March 31.
- 12/06 23:02 Softbank, Univ. of Tokyo to Jointly Research AI
- 12/06 20:12 1st Uniqlo Store in Vietnam Opens
- 12/06 18:54 Asahi to Buy Singapore Vending Machine Operator
- 12/06 14:29 Amazon, Japan Post to Team Up for Parcel Drop-Off Service
- 12/06 13:56 Nissan U.S. Unit to Close for 2 Days amid Sales Slump
- 12/06 12:54 MUFG Bank Weighing Fees for Dormant Accounts
- 12/06 12:34 51 Seven & i Group Supermarkets to Be Closed on New Year's Day
- 12/05 20:45 Japan Firm Sequences Genome of Mosquito Coil Ingredient Plant
- 12/05 17:47 Fujifilm Opens Biotherapeutics Research Hub in U.S.
- 12/05 17:37 Honda N-Box Falls from Top Seller Spot in Japan
- 12/05 15:36 Japan Imported Auto Sales Down 5.7 Pct in Nov.
- 12/05 11:29 Uber CEO Wants Partnerships with Japan Taxi Firms
- 12/04 23:18 Nintendo Switch to Hit Shelves in China Next Week
- 12/04 20:36 ANA to Test Shopping Service Using Robot
- 12/04 18:59 Sapporo to Release New Beer-Like Beverage in February
- 12/04 17:31 Japan Biz Sentiment Worsens for 2nd Month in Nov.
- 12/04 16:28 Jetstar, Tigerair Sign Interline Agreement
- 12/04 16:23 Keidanren Chief Likely to Attend Davos Meeting
- 12/04 12:14 MUFG Bank to Launch Smartphone Payment Service
- 12/03 21:20 (Update) Japan Tobacco Launches Caffeine Vaporizer
- 12/03 20:57 JR East New Station to Introduce AI Robot, Unstaffed Store
- 12/03 19:59 Nomura Unveils Code of Conduct for Executives, Employees
- 12/03 17:29 Presidents' Compensation at Big Japanese Firms Hits Record
- 12/03 16:42 JTB Ties Up with Chinese Travel Agency
- 12/03 16:26 Mos Food to Introduce Full Self-Checkout System
- 12/03 15:51 FOCUS: Bumpy Road ahead for New Nissan Management Team
- 12/03 12:55 Astellas to Buy U.S. Genetic Medicine Developer Audentes
- 12/03 00:18 INTERVIEW: Mizuho Securities Aiming to Boost Customer Assets
- 12/02 22:36 (Update) Okuda to Become Nomura CEO in April
- 12/02 21:58 New Nissan Chief Uchida Vows to Drive Turnaround
- 12/02 20:31 Self-Driving Wheelchairs Tested at Haneda Airport
- 12/02 19:54 Negative Impact of Tax Hike Continues at Japan Dept. Stores
- 12/02 19:53 Okuda to Become Nomura CEO in April
- 12/02 19:18 Yahara to Become Pioneer CEO
- 11/30 18:07 World-Biggest Miniature Theme Park to Open in Tokyo
- 11/29 23:19 Japan's Top 2 Shipbuilders Join Hands