NTT to Invest 60 B. Yen in NEC for 5G Alliance
Tokyo, June 25 (Jiji Press)--Japan's Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp. <9432> will invest 60 billion yen in Japanese electronics company NEC Corp. <6701> to jointly develop fifth-generation, or 5G, large-capacity ultrahigh-speed wireless communication technologies, it was learned Thursday.
Through the alliance, NTT and NEC hope to increase their presence in the 5G sector, where Japanese players have been lagging behind their overseas rivals, including Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies Co.
- 07/15 17:05 Mitsubishi Tanabe Unit Launches Clinical Trials for COVID-19 Vaccine
- 07/15 12:13 Komeda Opens Environment-Conscious Coffee Shop in Tokyo
- 07/14 20:31 Recruit Career to Cancel Job Seminars until End-Aug.
- 07/14 17:01 ANA to Operate 90 Pct of Planned Domestic Flights in Aug.
- 07/13 23:16 INTERVIEW: MUFG to Speed Up Digitization amid Epidemic
- 07/13 18:12 JR East to Hold Smart Tech Exhibition
- 07/13 17:25 Onward to Tie Up with Zozo for Custom-Made Clothing
- 07/13 16:04 Shiseido to Sell Disinfectants to Consumers
- 07/11 13:47 Muji Operator's U.S. Unit Files for Bankruptcy
- 07/10 19:11 "Third-Segment" Drinks Top Beer in Jan.-June Sales
- 07/10 18:52 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Rebound in June
- 07/10 17:52 ANA Calls Off Recruiting for FY 2021 amid Virus Crisis
- 07/10 17:24 Virus Crisis Prompting Industry Realignment in Japan
- 07/10 11:29 Sony to Invest in Fortnite Game Creator
- 07/09 21:55 Fast Retailing's 9-Month Profit Tumbles 42 Pct
- 07/09 21:52 (Update) Colowide Aiming to Buy Ootoya in Possible Hostile Bid
- 07/09 18:13 INTERVIEW: NTT Docomo to Launch Budget 5G Smartphones This Year
- 07/09 15:22 Insurance firms Tap AI for Assessing Kyushu Rain Damage
- 07/09 14:03 Restaurant Group Colowide to Launch Tender Offer for Ootoya
- 07/09 10:09 Aeon Logs Record Net Loss of 53.9 B. Yen in March-May
- 07/09 10:01 Eisai, Biogen Seek U.S. Approval for Potential Alzheimer's Drug
- 07/08 23:25 (Update) Itochu to Fully Own FamilyMart
- 07/08 19:24 Itochu to Fully Own FamilyMart
- 07/08 19:11 Japan Nonlife Insurers to Raise Premiums by 6-8 Pct