USJ Cuts Part-Time Jobs amid Epidemic
Osaka, Sept. 16 (Jiji Press)--Universal Studios Japan has reduced its part-time workforce, as the number of visitors remains sluggish since the end of its temporary closure due to the coronavirus outbreak, officials of the theme park in the city of Osaka, western Japan, said Wednesday.
Part-time workers accounted for around 9,000 of its workforce of about 11,000. When the theme park was closed for about three months from late February, part-time workers received over 60 pct of their wages as leave compensation.
- 09/19 04:15 1.3 Pct Voting Rights Not Reflected at Toshiba Shareholder Meet
- 09/18 22:53 Mitsubishi Motors to End i-MiEV Production
- 09/18 21:56 Hardware Store Operator DCM May Acquire Rival Shimachu
- 09/18 20:04 186 Listed Japan Firms Up Biz Estimates amid Epidemic
- 09/18 18:53 Iberdrola to Launch Offshore Wind Power Biz in Japan
- 09/18 17:30 JR East Express Train to Deliver Fresh Fish to Tokyo
- 09/18 15:42 Nintendo Ends 3DS Production
- 09/18 12:12 New Tokyo Disneyland Area to Open on Sept. 28
- 09/17 22:04 (Update) German Food Delivery Giant Enters Japan Market
- 09/17 20:19 Yukiguni Maitake Returns to TSE 5 Years after Delisting
- 09/17 19:17 Audi Launches Its 1st Electric Vehicle in Japan
- 09/17 19:12 Uniqlo to Sell Recycled Clothing Products
- 09/17 18:45 Kura Sushi Goes Public in Taiwan
- 09/17 18:37 German Food Delivery Giant Enters Japan Market
- 09/17 18:04 Japan's New Tallest Building to Be Finished in FY 2027
- 09/17 12:48 Sony to Launch PlayStation 5 on Nov. 12
- 09/16 22:19 (Update) JR East, JR West Bracing for Massive Annual Net Losses
- 09/16 22:09 Hitachi Announces Cancellation of N-Plant Project in U.K.
- 09/16 21:37 18.11 M. Yen Stolen from Japan Post Bank Accounts in Hacks
- 09/16 20:24 JR East, JR West Bracing for Massive Annual Net Losses
- 09/16 19:53 98.64 M. Yen Stolen from Hacked SBI Securities Accounts
- 09/16 19:45 USJ Cuts Part-Time Jobs amid Epidemic
- 09/16 16:58 Nissan Unveils Prototype of New Z Sports Car
- 09/16 15:28 3 Fraudulent Withdrawals via Merpay Confirmed
- 09/16 12:23 Toshiba Suspends Chip Shipments to Huawei
- 09/15 23:33 Japan Post Bank Halts Links with 10 Payment Services
- 09/15 21:53 Hitachi to End Nuclear Plant Construction Biz in U.K.
- 09/15 10:30 Insurers Releasing Products Covering Virus-Related Damage
- 09/15 09:32 United Airlines to Close Flight Attendant Base at Narita
- 09/15 02:12 Tokyo Disney Park Operator to Cut Winter Bonus by 70 Pct