Hitachi Announces Cancellation of N-Plant Project in U.K.
Tokyo, Sept. 16 (Jiji Press)--Japanese machinery and electronics giant Hitachi Ltd. <6501> said Wednesday that it has decided to withdraw from its nuclear plant construction project in the Britain.
Hitachi concluded that it would be difficult for the company to make profits from the project, as it failed to see progress in its negotiations for additional financial aid from the British government even after the firm froze the project in January 2019.
- 09/19 04:15 1.3 Pct Voting Rights Not Reflected at Toshiba Shareholder Meet
- 09/18 22:53 Mitsubishi Motors to End i-MiEV Production
- 09/18 21:56 Hardware Store Operator DCM May Acquire Rival Shimachu
- 09/18 20:04 186 Listed Japan Firms Up Biz Estimates amid Epidemic
- 09/18 18:53 Iberdrola to Launch Offshore Wind Power Biz in Japan
- 09/18 17:30 JR East Express Train to Deliver Fresh Fish to Tokyo
- 09/18 15:42 Nintendo Ends 3DS Production
- 09/18 12:12 New Tokyo Disneyland Area to Open on Sept. 28
- 09/17 22:04 (Update) German Food Delivery Giant Enters Japan Market
- 09/17 20:19 Yukiguni Maitake Returns to TSE 5 Years after Delisting
- 09/17 19:17 Audi Launches Its 1st Electric Vehicle in Japan
- 09/17 19:12 Uniqlo to Sell Recycled Clothing Products
- 09/17 18:45 Kura Sushi Goes Public in Taiwan
- 09/17 18:37 German Food Delivery Giant Enters Japan Market
- 09/17 18:04 Japan's New Tallest Building to Be Finished in FY 2027
- 09/17 12:48 Sony to Launch PlayStation 5 on Nov. 12
- 09/16 22:19 (Update) JR East, JR West Bracing for Massive Annual Net Losses
- 09/16 22:09 Hitachi Announces Cancellation of N-Plant Project in U.K.
- 09/16 21:37 18.11 M. Yen Stolen from Japan Post Bank Accounts in Hacks
- 09/16 20:24 JR East, JR West Bracing for Massive Annual Net Losses
- 09/16 19:53 98.64 M. Yen Stolen from Hacked SBI Securities Accounts
- 09/16 19:45 USJ Cuts Part-Time Jobs amid Epidemic
- 09/16 16:58 Nissan Unveils Prototype of New Z Sports Car
- 09/16 15:28 3 Fraudulent Withdrawals via Merpay Confirmed
- 09/16 12:23 Toshiba Suspends Chip Shipments to Huawei
- 09/15 23:33 Japan Post Bank Halts Links with 10 Payment Services
- 09/15 21:53 Hitachi to End Nuclear Plant Construction Biz in U.K.
- 09/15 10:30 Insurers Releasing Products Covering Virus-Related Damage
- 09/15 09:32 United Airlines to Close Flight Attendant Base at Narita
- 09/15 02:12 Tokyo Disney Park Operator to Cut Winter Bonus by 70 Pct