(Update) Fujifilm Unit Applies for Avigan as COVID-19 Drug
Tokyo, Oct. 16 (Jiji Press)--A Fujifilm Holdings Corp. <4901> subsidiary said Friday it has applied to the Japanese health ministry for approval of its influenza drug Avigan as a treatment for COVID-19, caused by the novel coronavirus.
If approved, Avigan, also known by the generic term favipiravir, would be the third COVID-19 treatment available in Japan, after remdesivir and dexamethasone.
- 10/29 22:56 Tokyo Disney Resort Operator to Log 1st Annual Net Loss since Listing
- 10/29 21:20 Nitori Announces Bid to Buy Out Shimachu in Race with DCM
- 10/29 18:31 8 Japan Automakers' Domestic Output Down 30 Pct in April-Sept.
- 10/29 15:03 Dai-ichi Life to Cut Guaranteed Yields for Corporate Pension Plans
- 10/29 14:25 Kioxia to Expand Flash Memory Production
- 10/29 10:00 Hitachi Raises Operating Profit Outlook on Cost Cuts
- 10/28 22:58 (Update) Sony Posts Record 1st-Half Profits
- 10/28 21:41 JR Tokai Projecting 1st-Ever Annual Net Loss amid Epidemic
- 10/28 20:27 Japan's Shizuoka Bank, Yamanashi Chuo Bank Seal Tie-Up
- 10/28 19:31 (Update) JR East Swings to Net Loss in 1st Half
- 10/28 18:09 Sony Posts Record 1st-Half Profits
- 10/28 18:03 Toyota Recalls Over 210,000 Vehicles for Engine Stall Risk
- 10/28 17:31 JR East Swings to Net Loss in 1st Half
- 10/28 16:04 Otsuka Kagu Pres. to Resign over Poor Earnings
- 10/28 15:55 Asahi to Sell 5 CUB Brands to Heineken
- 10/28 12:58 Shizuoka Bank, Yamanashi Chuo Bank to Tie Up
- 10/28 12:36 KDDI, SoftBank to Launch Low-Cost 20GB Mobile Plans
- 10/28 10:51 Royal to Offer Voluntary Redundancy to 200 Workers
- 10/28 09:28 Fujitsu Reports Falls in Sales, Profits in April-Sept.
- 10/28 01:23 Hitachi Metals to Cut 1,000 Jobs thru Voluntary Redundancy
- 10/27 23:18 JAL to Log Net Loss of at Least 200 B. Yen in FY 2020
- 10/27 20:58 Eneos to Halt Petrochemical Plant in Central Japan
- 10/27 20:32 (Update 2) ANA Holdings Braces for Biggest-Ever Net Loss of 510 B. Yen
- 10/27 18:22 INTERVIEW: Takashimaya to Boost Biz with Big Data amid Epidemic
- 10/27 17:02 (Update) ANA Holdings Braces for Biggest-Ever Net Loss of 510 B. Yen
- 10/27 15:34 ANA Holdings Braces for Biggest-Ever Net Loss of 510 B. Yen
- 10/27 13:13 Japanese Eateries Offering 2 Brands in 1 Store amid Epidemic
- 10/26 20:51 Hitachi to Scrap "Hanko" Use Entirely in FY 2021