5 Major Japan Restaurant Operators Bracing for Net Losses
Tokyo, Feb. 16 (Jiji Press)--Five of 10 major restaurant operators in Japan expect to incur consolidated net losses in the current business year amid a prolonged battle against the new coronavirus.
Companies in the dining industry have been making efforts to boost their earnings, such as enhancing delivery and takeout services, as they struggle to overcome the coronavirus fallout. But they are not sure how many customers will come back after the pandemic settles down.
- 02/28 20:09 Wave of Department Store Closures Reaches Tokyo Area
- 02/28 12:00 In-Flight Meals Sold on Ground Draw Popularity in Japan
- 02/27 16:55 SoftBank Group Reaches Settlement with WeWork Co-Founder
- 02/27 13:44 Recruit Holdings Sells Headquarters Building in Tokyo
- 02/26 23:16 Sushi Chain Sushiro to Acquire Kyotaru from Yoshinoya
- 02/26 21:37 Tohokushinsha CEO Resigns over Dinner Scandal
- 02/26 16:52 Itochu Teams Up with French Gas Firm on Hydrogen Network
- 02/26 11:37 10,000 Post Office Workers to Be on Loan to Insurance Unit
- 02/26 09:14 Sharp to Sell Equity Stake in LCD Panel Firm
- 02/25 21:32 Japan Restaurant Sales Down 21 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 20:12 8 Japan Automakers' Domestic Output Down 10 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 17:54 JAL to Skip Hiring of Flight Attendants for 2nd Year
- 02/25 08:51 Clinical Test for Novavax Vaccine Starts in Japan
- 02/24 22:35 (Update) Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 22:08 Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 12:18 Honda to Suspend Plant in Brazil amid Chip Shortage
- 02/23 19:53 Toyota to Extend Quake-Induced Suspension at 4 Plants
- 02/23 18:39 JTB to Turn into "Small" Biz thru Capital Cut
- 02/23 18:15 Toyota Breaks Ground for "Woven City" Real-Life Lab
- 02/22 23:11 JR Tokai Braces for Larger Net Loss for FY 2020
- 02/22 22:50 Daiwa House Releases Flush Toilet, Shower Unit for Cats
- 02/22 22:02 Toshiba, GE in Talks on Offshore Wind Power Partnership
- 02/22 17:49 Japan Convenience Store Sales Down 4.9 Pct in Jan.
- 02/22 17:24 Yamaji to Become TSE President April 1
- 02/22 09:43 Japan Home Appliance Market Grows 2.9 Pct in 2020