Nissan to Suspend 2 Plants for Quake-Linked Parts Shortages
Tokyo, Feb. 18 (Jiji Press)--Japan's Nissan Motor Co. <7201> plans to suspend operations at two domestic plants for two days from Monday due to the impact from a recent powerful earthquake that mainly hit the Tohoku northeastern region of the country, it was learned Thursday.
The two facilities are the Oppama plant in the city of Yokosuka in the eastern prefecture of Kanagawa and subsidiary Nissan Shatai Co.'s <7222> Shonan plant in the city of Hiratsuka, also Kanagawa, informed sources said. Parts procurement from a supplier in Tohoku have been disrupted because the firm was hit by the earthquake, which struck last Saturday, the sources said.
- 02/28 20:09 Wave of Department Store Closures Reaches Tokyo Area
- 02/28 12:00 In-Flight Meals Sold on Ground Draw Popularity in Japan
- 02/27 16:55 SoftBank Group Reaches Settlement with WeWork Co-Founder
- 02/27 13:44 Recruit Holdings Sells Headquarters Building in Tokyo
- 02/26 23:16 Sushi Chain Sushiro to Acquire Kyotaru from Yoshinoya
- 02/26 21:37 Tohokushinsha CEO Resigns over Dinner Scandal
- 02/26 16:52 Itochu Teams Up with French Gas Firm on Hydrogen Network
- 02/26 11:37 10,000 Post Office Workers to Be on Loan to Insurance Unit
- 02/26 09:14 Sharp to Sell Equity Stake in LCD Panel Firm
- 02/25 21:32 Japan Restaurant Sales Down 21 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 20:12 8 Japan Automakers' Domestic Output Down 10 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 17:54 JAL to Skip Hiring of Flight Attendants for 2nd Year
- 02/25 08:51 Clinical Test for Novavax Vaccine Starts in Japan
- 02/24 22:35 (Update) Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 22:08 Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 12:18 Honda to Suspend Plant in Brazil amid Chip Shortage
- 02/23 19:53 Toyota to Extend Quake-Induced Suspension at 4 Plants
- 02/23 18:39 JTB to Turn into "Small" Biz thru Capital Cut
- 02/23 18:15 Toyota Breaks Ground for "Woven City" Real-Life Lab
- 02/22 23:11 JR Tokai Braces for Larger Net Loss for FY 2020
- 02/22 22:50 Daiwa House Releases Flush Toilet, Shower Unit for Cats
- 02/22 22:02 Toshiba, GE in Talks on Offshore Wind Power Partnership
- 02/22 17:49 Japan Convenience Store Sales Down 4.9 Pct in Jan.
- 02/22 17:24 Yamaji to Become TSE President April 1
- 02/22 09:43 Japan Home Appliance Market Grows 2.9 Pct in 2020