(Update) Kato to Become Mizuho Bank President April 1
Tokyo, Feb. 19 (Jiji Press)--Japan's Mizuho Financial Group Inc. <8411> said Friday that it will promote Masahiko Kato, a managing executive officer of core subsidiary Mizuho Bank, to president and CEO of the lender on April 1.
Kato, 55, will succeed Koji Fujiwara, 59, who will become Mizuho Bank's chairman without the representative right. The head of the bank will change for the first time in four years.
- 02/28 20:09 Wave of Department Store Closures Reaches Tokyo Area
- 02/28 12:00 In-Flight Meals Sold on Ground Draw Popularity in Japan
- 02/27 16:55 SoftBank Group Reaches Settlement with WeWork Co-Founder
- 02/27 13:44 Recruit Holdings Sells Headquarters Building in Tokyo
- 02/26 23:16 Sushi Chain Sushiro to Acquire Kyotaru from Yoshinoya
- 02/26 21:37 Tohokushinsha CEO Resigns over Dinner Scandal
- 02/26 16:52 Itochu Teams Up with French Gas Firm on Hydrogen Network
- 02/26 11:37 10,000 Post Office Workers to Be on Loan to Insurance Unit
- 02/26 09:14 Sharp to Sell Equity Stake in LCD Panel Firm
- 02/25 21:32 Japan Restaurant Sales Down 21 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 20:12 8 Japan Automakers' Domestic Output Down 10 Pct in Jan.
- 02/25 17:54 JAL to Skip Hiring of Flight Attendants for 2nd Year
- 02/25 08:51 Clinical Test for Novavax Vaccine Starts in Japan
- 02/24 22:35 (Update) Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 22:08 Osamu Suzuki to Step Down as Suzuki Motor Chairman
- 02/24 12:18 Honda to Suspend Plant in Brazil amid Chip Shortage
- 02/23 19:53 Toyota to Extend Quake-Induced Suspension at 4 Plants
- 02/23 18:39 JTB to Turn into "Small" Biz thru Capital Cut
- 02/23 18:15 Toyota Breaks Ground for "Woven City" Real-Life Lab
- 02/22 23:11 JR Tokai Braces for Larger Net Loss for FY 2020
- 02/22 22:50 Daiwa House Releases Flush Toilet, Shower Unit for Cats
- 02/22 22:02 Toshiba, GE in Talks on Offshore Wind Power Partnership