Japan Convenience Store Sales Down 4.9 Pct in Jan.
Tokyo, Feb. 22 (Jiji Press)--Sales at convenience stores in Japan in January fell 4.9 pct from a year before to 815,021 million yen on a same-store basis, down for the 11th consecutive month, the Japan Franchise Association said Monday.
Sales remained sluggish as customer traffic dropped again, mainly in urban areas, following the declaration in January of a fresh state of emergency over the new coronavirus epidemic, initially for Tokyo and three neighboring prefectures and later expanded to seven other prefectures.
- 03/06 14:01 ANA, JAL Find Data on Around 1 M. Customers Compromised
- 03/05 20:57 (Update) Takeda Files for Moderna Vaccine Approval in Japan
- 03/05 18:12 Mizuho Bank Suspends Data Transferring Work
- 03/05 16:19 JR East to End News Ticker Service on Shinkansen Trains
- 03/04 23:02 Japanese Temp Firm to Hire People Fired amid Pandemic
- 03/04 21:14 Honda to Launch World's 1st Commercial Level-3 Self-Driving Car Fri.
- 03/04 19:55 INTERVIEW: Z Holdings Leaders Aiming to Boost Asia Biz
- 03/04 19:30 Mizuho ATM Outage Triggered by Digital Passbook Shift
- 03/04 15:57 Toyota's Yaris Top-Selling Vehicle in Japan for 6th Month
- 03/04 01:53 Mizuho ATMs Hit by Glitch Again
- 03/03 20:01 Food Delivery Industry Group Formed in Japan
- 03/03 17:43 Japan Business Sentiment Improves in Feb.
- 03/03 01:06 (Update) Takeda to File for Moderna Vaccine Approval in Japan
- 03/02 23:16 Takeda to File for Approval of Moderna Vaccine in Japan
- 03/02 22:39 Tokyo Dome to Use Panasonic Facial Recognition Payment Service
- 03/02 21:03 Hitachi Makes Contactless Finger Vein Authentication Device
- 03/02 20:38 Aeon Offers Venues for Coronavirus Vaccinations
- 03/02 18:36 INTERVIEW: Asahi to Bolster Home-Use Beer Sales
- 03/02 18:29 NEC to Aid Spacecraft Production with AI
- 03/01 22:54 (Update 3) Mizuho Fully Restores ATMs after System Glitch
- 03/01 21:46 KKR, Rakuten Complete Seiyu Acquisition
- 03/01 21:06 Yahoo Japan Parent Merges with Line
- 03/01 20:21 Drops in Major Japanese Dept. Stores Sales Smaller in Feb.
- 03/01 20:20 (Update 2) Mizuho Fully Restores ATMs after System Glitch
- 03/01 19:52 3 JR Companies to Slash FY 2022 Hiring
- 02/28 20:09 Wave of Department Store Closures Reaches Tokyo Area
- 02/28 12:00 In-Flight Meals Sold on Ground Draw Popularity in Japan
- 02/27 16:55 SoftBank Group Reaches Settlement with WeWork Co-Founder