Renesas to Shut Plant in Western Japan
Tokyo, July 16 (Jiji Press)--Major Japanese chipmaker Renesas Electronics Corp. <6723> said Friday it will close a plant in Ube in Yamaguchi Prefecture, western Japan, at the end of June 2022.
The closure of the plant, which mainly manufactures microcontrollers for home appliances, is part of the company's business streamlining efforts aimed at focusing its management resources on products in high demand.
- 07/21 22:35 Suzuki, Daihatsu to Join Toyota-Led Partnership
- 07/21 14:10 Honda to Idle Suzuka Plant for 5 Days in Aug.
- 07/21 12:42 Japan White Goods Shipments Hit 30-Year High in Jan.-June
- 07/20 22:44 Another Vehicle Inspection Scandal Hits Toyota Group
- 07/20 18:54 Japan Convenience Store Sales Up 0.8 Pct in June
- 07/20 16:44 JAL Unveils Special Aircraft for Tokyo Games
- 07/20 09:20 Yamaha to Electrify 90 Pct of Motorcycles by 2050
- 07/19 22:29 Toyota Pres. Decides Not to Attend Olympic Opening Ceremony
- 07/19 20:58 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Surges 77.3 Pct in Jan.-June
- 07/19 14:25 Toyota Gives 1st Full Revamp to Aqua Hybrid since 2011 Launch
- 07/17 15:14 Seven & i to Reduce Equity Stake in Francfranc
- 07/17 13:20 Seibu Holdings to Sell 40 Hotels, Leisure Facilities
- 07/16 22:42 Toyota Plans 5-Day Factory Shutdown amid Chip Shortage
- 07/16 21:27 Honda May Move Up Electrification Plan from 2040
- 07/16 19:53 Renesas to Shut Plant in Western Japan
- 07/15 13:25 INTERVIEW: Lawson Bank to Expand Cooperation with Regional Banks
- 07/15 12:19 Japan's Mizuho Bank to Cut Remittance Fees