Honda May Move Up Electrification Plan from 2040
Tokyo, July 16 (Jiji Press)--Honda Motor Co. <7267> President Toshihiro Mibe hinted on Friday at the possibility of the major Japanese automaker moving up its plan for all of the automobiles it sells globally to be electrified vehicles by 2040.
"While examining the adequacy of the plan, we will modify it when necessary," Mibe told Jiji Press and other media organizations, with environmental regulations set to be strengthened further in Europe and other markets.
- 07/21 22:35 Suzuki, Daihatsu to Join Toyota-Led Partnership
- 07/21 14:10 Honda to Idle Suzuka Plant for 5 Days in Aug.
- 07/21 12:42 Japan White Goods Shipments Hit 30-Year High in Jan.-June
- 07/20 22:44 Another Vehicle Inspection Scandal Hits Toyota Group
- 07/20 18:54 Japan Convenience Store Sales Up 0.8 Pct in June
- 07/20 16:44 JAL Unveils Special Aircraft for Tokyo Games
- 07/20 09:20 Yamaha to Electrify 90 Pct of Motorcycles by 2050
- 07/19 22:29 Toyota Pres. Decides Not to Attend Olympic Opening Ceremony
- 07/19 20:58 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Surges 77.3 Pct in Jan.-June
- 07/19 14:25 Toyota Gives 1st Full Revamp to Aqua Hybrid since 2011 Launch
- 07/17 15:14 Seven & i to Reduce Equity Stake in Francfranc
- 07/17 13:20 Seibu Holdings to Sell 40 Hotels, Leisure Facilities
- 07/16 22:42 Toyota Plans 5-Day Factory Shutdown amid Chip Shortage
- 07/16 21:27 Honda May Move Up Electrification Plan from 2040
- 07/16 19:53 Renesas to Shut Plant in Western Japan
- 07/15 13:25 INTERVIEW: Lawson Bank to Expand Cooperation with Regional Banks
- 07/15 12:19 Japan's Mizuho Bank to Cut Remittance Fees