Japan White Goods Shipments Hit 30-Year High in Jan.-June
Tokyo, July 21 (Jiji Press)--White goods shipments in Japan in January-June hit their highest level in 30 years on a first-half basis thanks to stay-at-home demand stemming from the lingering new coronavirus crisis.
Shipments in the six-month period rose 9.7 pct from a year before to 1,328.1 billion yen, the highest since January-June 1991, when shipments totaled 1,367.7 billion yen, the Japan Electrical Manufacturers' Association said Tuesday.
- 07/27 18:58 Takeda, PeptiDream to Expand Tie-Up on Drug Development
- 07/27 10:24 S&P Downgrades Rakuten Group to Junk Status
- 07/26 19:06 Shionogi Begins COVID-19 Drug Clinical Trial
- 07/21 22:35 Suzuki, Daihatsu to Join Toyota-Led Partnership
- 07/21 14:10 Honda to Idle Suzuka Plant for 5 Days in Aug.
- 07/21 12:42 Japan White Goods Shipments Hit 30-Year High in Jan.-June
- 07/20 22:44 Another Vehicle Inspection Scandal Hits Toyota Group