Honda to Idle Suzuka Plant for 5 Days in Aug.
Tokyo, July 21 (Jiji Press)--Honda Motor Co. <7267> will idle its vehicle assembly plant in Suzuka, Mie Prefecture, central Japan, for five days from Aug. 2 due to parts shortages, company officials said Wednesday.
The move comes in response to stalled parts supplies from Indonesia and Malaysia, Southeast Asian countries hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, in addition to a semiconductor shortage.
- 07/27 18:58 Takeda, PeptiDream to Expand Tie-Up on Drug Development
- 07/27 10:24 S&P Downgrades Rakuten Group to Junk Status
- 07/26 19:06 Shionogi Begins COVID-19 Drug Clinical Trial
- 07/21 22:35 Suzuki, Daihatsu to Join Toyota-Led Partnership
- 07/21 14:10 Honda to Idle Suzuka Plant for 5 Days in Aug.
- 07/21 12:42 Japan White Goods Shipments Hit 30-Year High in Jan.-June
- 07/20 22:44 Another Vehicle Inspection Scandal Hits Toyota Group