NEC Starts Building Large-Capacity Trans-Atlantic Subsea Cable
Tokyo, Oct. 8 (Jiji Press)--NEC Corp. <6701> said Friday it has started building a trans-Atlantic subsea fiber-optic cable which the Japanese company claims to have the world's largest transmission capacity as a long-distance optical submarine cable.
The cable will connect Europe and the United States for Facebook Inc. to meet growing demand for international communications amid the spread of 5G large-capacity ultrafast mobile technology.
- 10/15 22:41 (Update) Toyota to Cut Nov. Global Output by Up to 150,000 Units
- 10/15 18:22 INTERVIEW: H2O Chief Sure about Acquisition of Kansai Super Market
- 10/15 17:29 Toyota to Cut Global Output by Up to 150,000 Units in Nov.
- 10/15 16:04 (Update) Nomura, Daiwa to Join SBI-Led Exchange Initiative
- 10/15 09:38 Nomura, Daiwa to Join SBI-Led Private Exchange
- 10/14 23:02 Fast Retailing, Ryohin Keikaku Buoyed by Stay-Home Demand
- 10/14 22:04 3 Japanese Dept. Store Operators Remain in Red in March-Aug.
- 10/14 20:46 (Update) Nippon Steel Sues Toyota, China's Baoshan Iron
- 10/14 19:06 TSMC Unveils Chip Plant Project in Japan for Output from 2024
- 10/14 18:48 Israeli Firm Showcases Eco-Friendly Clothes in Tokyo
- 10/14 17:48 Nippon Steel Sues Toyota, China's Baoshan Iron in Patent Case
- 10/14 15:52 9,400 Restaurants in Japan Join Campaign for Customers
- 10/13 23:51 Honda-Brand Electric Vehicles to Debut in China Next Spring
- 10/13 20:49 Smartphone Retailers in Japan Given Freedom of Pricing
- 10/13 20:22 Peach Sells Air Tickets to Random Places via Capsule Machine
- 10/13 14:43 Sumitomo Mitsui Reports Forex Remittance Delays Due to Glitch
- 10/13 14:24 Mitsubishi Electric Suspends Fridge Production
- 10/13 11:13 HondaJet Concept Aircraft Unveiled
- 10/12 20:37 TSMC to Build Chip Plant in Kumamoto with Sony, Denso
- 10/12 20:04 Idemitsu to Pull Plug on Solar Cell Production
- 10/12 17:30 4 Major Japanese Brewers Post Sales Drops in Sept.
- 10/12 09:32 OK to Ask Kansai Super Shareholders to Oppose Merger with H2O
- 10/12 02:15 Shinsei Bank to Reject SBI's Tender Offer
- 10/12 01:25 CVC Capital to Acquire Japanese Tutoring Service Trygroup
- 10/11 21:18 Eneos to Acquire Renewable Energy Biz for 200 B. Yen
- 10/11 17:21 Toshiba Delays Announcement of Medium-Term Plan to Nov.
- 10/09 16:32 Nintendo Switch OLED Already Put Up for Resale at Higher Prices
- 10/09 01:48 Mizuho Unable to Foresee Multiple System Failures