3 Japanese Dept. Store Operators Remain in Red in March-Aug.
Tokyo, Oct. 14 (Jiji Press)--Three of Japan's four major department store operators have reported operating losses for March-August as the spread of the novel coronavirus and the COVID-19 state of emergency led to sharp decreases in shoppers.
Meanwhile, first-half sales rose at all four companies from the same period last year, when the coronavirus crisis forced them to close their stores temporarily.
- 10/19 17:58 Eddie Bauer to Close All Stores in Japan
- 10/19 17:36 Suntory Vending Machine Promotes Chatting among Workers
- 10/19 17:29 Kawasaki Heavy Railcars to Be Inspected in U.S. after Derailment
- 10/19 14:17 NTT Docomo's Service Disruption Judged Serious Incident
- 10/19 12:57 Sony to Sell GSN Games to U.S. Firm Scopely
- 10/19 12:38 Sony Fined by Chinese Authorities
- 10/19 11:28 Sharp to Re-Enter U.S. TV Market Next Spring
- 10/18 23:04 Toyota to Invest 3.4 B. Dollars in Battery Production in U.S.
- 10/18 19:39 (Update) NTT Docomo Service for Corporate Users Disrupted
- 10/18 18:37 Japan Startup to Put COVID-19 Vaccine into Practical Use in 2022
- 10/18 16:07 NTT Docomo Service for Corporate Users Being Disrupted
- 10/18 16:00 Mitsubishi Corp. to Invest 2 T. Yen in Decarbonization
- 10/18 09:23 Skylark to Introduce Serving Robots at 2,000 Restaurants
- 10/15 22:41 (Update) Toyota to Cut Nov. Global Output by Up to 150,000 Units
- 10/15 18:22 INTERVIEW: H2O Chief Sure about Acquisition of Kansai Super Market
- 10/15 17:29 Toyota to Cut Global Output by Up to 150,000 Units in Nov.
- 10/15 16:04 (Update) Nomura, Daiwa to Join SBI-Led Exchange Initiative
- 10/15 09:38 Nomura, Daiwa to Join SBI-Led Private Exchange
- 10/14 23:02 Fast Retailing, Ryohin Keikaku Buoyed by Stay-Home Demand
- 10/14 22:04 3 Japanese Dept. Store Operators Remain in Red in March-Aug.
- 10/14 20:46 (Update) Nippon Steel Sues Toyota, China's Baoshan Iron
- 10/14 19:06 TSMC Unveils Chip Plant Project in Japan for Output from 2024
- 10/14 18:48 Israeli Firm Showcases Eco-Friendly Clothes in Tokyo
- 10/14 17:48 Nippon Steel Sues Toyota, China's Baoshan Iron in Patent Case
- 10/14 15:52 9,400 Restaurants in Japan Join Campaign for Customers
- 10/13 23:51 Honda-Brand Electric Vehicles to Debut in China Next Spring
- 10/13 20:49 Smartphone Retailers in Japan Given Freedom of Pricing
- 10/13 20:22 Peach Sells Air Tickets to Random Places via Capsule Machine
- 10/13 14:43 Sumitomo Mitsui Reports Forex Remittance Delays Due to Glitch
- 10/13 14:24 Mitsubishi Electric Suspends Fridge Production
- 10/13 11:13 HondaJet Concept Aircraft Unveiled
- 10/12 20:37 TSMC to Build Chip Plant in Kumamoto with Sony, Denso
- 10/12 20:04 Idemitsu to Pull Plug on Solar Cell Production