Imai Likely to Become Mizuho Financial Group Chm.
Tokyo, Jan. 13 (Jiji Press)--Japan's Mizuho Financial Group Inc. <8411> is considering appointing Deputy President Seiji Imai, 59, to succeed outgoing Chairman Yasuhiro Sato, 69, informed sources said Thursday.
Mizuho Financial Group plans to promote Senior Executive Officer Masahiro Kihara, 56, to president to succeed Tatsufumi Sakai, 62, who will step down to take the blame for a series of system failures at its core banking arm, Mizuho Bank, the sources said.
- 01/21 21:05 Ministop to Shrink Overseas Convenience Store Biz
- 01/21 20:18 INTERVIEW: Women to Account for 38 Pct of New Hires at Marubeni
- 01/21 20:12 INTERVIEW: Sanyo Shokai Sticks to Turnaround Goal Despite Omicron
- 01/21 00:52 Toyota Expands Jan. Production Cut to 47,000 Vehicles
- 01/20 19:02 Japan Convenience Store Sales Up in 2021 on Stay-Home Demand
- 01/20 18:57 (Update 2) Fukushima Bank to Adopt SBI's New Core System
- 01/20 17:45 Over 200 Comment Sections on Yahoo News Closed in 2 Months
- 01/20 16:36 (Update) Fukushima Bank to Adopt SBI's New Core System
- 01/20 12:07 2 Japanese Firms Develop World-First Lithium Recycling Tech
- 01/19 12:40 Sharp Develops World's 1st Solid Humidity Control Agent
- 01/18 23:27 ANA, JAL to Return Domestic Flight Schedules to Pre-Pandemic Levels
- 01/18 20:44 (Update) Toyota FY 2021 Output to Fall Short of 9-M.-Unit Target
- 01/18 18:52 Toyota's Market Capitalization Tops 40 T. Yen for 1st Time
- 01/18 18:20 Toyota FY 2021 Output to Fall Short of Initial Forecast
- 01/17 23:00 Unmanned Ferry Navigation Demonstrated in Japan
- 01/17 21:13 (Update) Mizuho Group Submits Business Improvement Plans
- 01/17 18:26 French Fry Import Delay Putting Crunch on Japan Restaurant Chains
- 01/17 17:41 Mizuho Submits Business Improvement Plan
- 01/17 16:53 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Down 2.7 Pct in 2021
- 01/16 17:31 Lone Star to Buy Japanese Hot Spa Biz Ooedo Onsen