Honda to Build New EV Plant in China
Beijing, June 21 (Jiji Press)--Japan's Honda Motor Co. <7267> has begun construction of a new electric vehicle plant in Guangzhou in Guangdong Province, southern China, aiming to start operations in 2024.
GAC Honda Automobile Co., a joint venture between Honda and major Chinese automaker Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., will spend 3.49 billion yuan, or some 70 billion yen, to build the plant in the Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development District, Honda said Monday.
- 06/27 21:45 Japan's Peach Aviation to Resume Int'l Flights in Aug.
- 06/27 20:54 Japan Restaurant Sales Up 20.4 Pct in May
- 06/25 15:50 Listed Firms in Japan Actively Hiring Women as Outside Directors
- 06/25 12:52 Sapporo Breweries to Acquire Stone Brewing
- 06/24 23:42 Auto Supplier Marelli Files for Court-Led Rehabilitation
- 06/24 23:40 (Update 2) Report Finds SMBC Nikko's Extraordinary Failure of Compliance
- 06/24 22:01 (Update) Report Finds SMBC Nikko's Extraordinary Failure of Compliance
- 06/24 18:25 Hitachi Develops "Hyperloop" Digital Simulator
- 06/24 17:01 Report Finds SMBC Nikko's Extraordinary Failure of Compliance
- 06/24 09:24 Toyota Pres. Executive Pay Hits Record in FY 2021
- 06/23 21:01 (Update) SMFG Announces Deal to Take 10 Pct Stake in SBI
- 06/23 20:14 Shinsei Bank Sees 1st Growth in Customer Accounts in 4 Years
- 06/23 17:00 Sumitomo Mitsui to Take 10 Pct Stake in SBI
- 06/22 20:06 Toyota to Cut July Vehicle Output Further
- 06/21 22:44 SMFG Plans to Take Up to 10 Pct Stake in SBI Holdings
- 06/21 19:17 (Update) Aeon to Raise Prices of 3 Private-Brand Items
- 06/21 16:06 Aeon to Raise Prices of 3 Private-Brand Items
- 06/21 15:43 Shareholders Approve Mizuho Financial Board
- 06/21 12:18 Honda to Build New EV Plant in China