7 Major Japan Power Firms Log Net Losses in April-June
Tokyo, Aug. 2 (Jiji Press)--Seven of Japan's 10 major power utilities incurred consolidated net losses in April-June, battered by surges in prices of liquefied natural gas and coal for power generation, according to their latest earnings reports released by Tuesday.
Although the companies have systems to reflect higher fuel costs in electricity bills, recent rises in fuel prices exceeded upper limits in the systems.
- 08/09 15:02 New Mobile Money Transfer Service to Begin in Japan in Oct.
- 08/09 13:23 2 of 3 Major Japan Mobile Carriers Log Operating Profit Falls
- 08/08 19:31 (Update 2) SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen Net Loss for April-June
- 08/08 18:27 (Update) SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen Net Loss for April-June
- 08/08 18:10 Kirin Holdings Eyeing COVID-19 Drug
- 08/08 15:52 SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen in Net Loss in April-June
- 08/04 22:04 2 Major Japanese Steelmakers Enjoy Net Profit Surges
- 08/04 19:32 (Update) Toyota Raises Full-Year Net Profit Forecast on Weak Yen
- 08/04 17:38 Yaris Returns to Top Spot in Japan Car Sales Rankings
- 08/04 15:04 Toyota Raises Full-Year Net Profit Forecast
- 08/03 22:37 Long-Established Audio Brand Onkyo to Restart with New Products
- 08/03 22:21 Nintendo April-June Net Profit Up 28 Pct
- 08/03 21:26 All 3 Major Japan Shipping Firms Post Record Quarterly Profits
- 08/03 19:39 Construction Machinery Makers Eyeing Hino Engine Recalls
- 08/03 11:41 3 JR Group Firms Post 1st April-June Net Profits in 3 Years
- 08/03 08:23 Japan Major Bank Groups Log 32 Pct Net Profit Fall
- 08/02 23:20 7 Major Japan Power Firms Log Net Losses in April-June