All 3 Major Japan Shipping Firms Post Record Quarterly Profits
Tokyo, Aug. 3 (Jiji Press)--Japan's three major shipping companies saw their consolidated net profits in April-June hit record highs on a quarterly basis, thanks to soaring transportation prices traced to logistics disruptions amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to their latest earnings reports released by Wednesday.
Nippon Yusen K.K.'s <9101> net profit grew 2.3-fold from a year earlier to 343,377 million yen, while the bottom line jumped 2.7-fold to 285,779 million yen at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd. <9104> and 2.6-fold to 266,639 million yen at Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd. <9107>.
- 08/09 15:02 New Mobile Money Transfer Service to Begin in Japan in Oct.
- 08/09 13:23 2 of 3 Major Japan Mobile Carriers Log Operating Profit Falls
- 08/08 19:31 (Update 2) SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen Net Loss for April-June
- 08/08 18:27 (Update) SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen Net Loss for April-June
- 08/08 18:10 Kirin Holdings Eyeing COVID-19 Drug
- 08/08 15:52 SoftBank Group Suffers 3.16 T. Yen in Net Loss in April-June
- 08/04 22:04 2 Major Japanese Steelmakers Enjoy Net Profit Surges
- 08/04 19:32 (Update) Toyota Raises Full-Year Net Profit Forecast on Weak Yen
- 08/04 17:38 Yaris Returns to Top Spot in Japan Car Sales Rankings
- 08/04 15:04 Toyota Raises Full-Year Net Profit Forecast
- 08/03 22:37 Long-Established Audio Brand Onkyo to Restart with New Products
- 08/03 22:21 Nintendo April-June Net Profit Up 28 Pct
- 08/03 21:26 All 3 Major Japan Shipping Firms Post Record Quarterly Profits
- 08/03 19:39 Construction Machinery Makers Eyeing Hino Engine Recalls
- 08/03 11:41 3 JR Group Firms Post 1st April-June Net Profits in 3 Years
- 08/03 08:23 Japan Major Bank Groups Log 32 Pct Net Profit Fall
- 08/02 23:20 7 Major Japan Power Firms Log Net Losses in April-June