Chubu Electric, Orix Mulling Investing in Toshiba
Tokyo, Sept. 18 (Jiji Press)--Chubu Electric Power Co. <9502> and leasing firm Orix Corp. <8591> are considering investing in embattled Japanese technology conglomerate Toshiba Corp. <6502>, informed sources said Sunday.
The two Japanese firms are believed to be mulling their participation in a Japanese fund that is one of the four bidders set to advance to a second round of bidding to take over Toshiba.
- 09/30 18:15 Kokuyo to Sell Entire Pentel Stake to Plus
- 09/29 21:21 Startup, 2 Others Developing VR Game to Treat Kids' Amblyopia
- 09/29 20:10 Japanese Automakers' Domestic Output Rises 22.3 Pct in Aug.
- 09/28 21:58 (Update) Eisai's New Alzheimer's Drug Found Effective
- 09/28 21:28 (Update) 2 Nagano Regional Banks Announce Merger Agreement
- 09/28 20:20 Administrative Penalties Recommended for SMBC Nikko
- 09/28 18:43 Japan Average Pump Price Falls to 169.5 Yen
- 09/28 18:08 Regional Banks in Nagano Pref. Announce Merger
- 09/28 17:26 Eisai's New Alzheimer's Drug Found Effective
- 09/26 14:25 McDonald's Japan to Raise Menu Prices by 10-30 Yen
- 09/25 16:34 Japan's Mazda to Terminate Vehicle Production in Russia