SoftBank, Samsung to Discuss Alliance over Arm
Tokyo, Sept. 22 (Jiji Press)--SoftBank Group Corp. <9984> plans to enter talks with Samsung Electronics Co. on a strategic alliance over British chip designer Arm Ltd., people familiar with the matter said Thursday.
The move comes as the Japanese technology investor is struggling with declines in the values of companies in which it invests amid falling stock prices globally.
- 10/01 21:26 Japan Firms Hold Informal Job Ceremonies
- 09/30 18:15 Kokuyo to Sell Entire Pentel Stake to Plus
- 09/29 21:21 Startup, 2 Others Developing VR Game to Treat Kids' Amblyopia
- 09/29 20:10 Japanese Automakers' Domestic Output Rises 22.3 Pct in Aug.
- 09/28 21:58 (Update) Eisai's New Alzheimer's Drug Found Effective
- 09/28 21:28 (Update) 2 Nagano Regional Banks Announce Merger Agreement
- 09/28 20:20 Administrative Penalties Recommended for SMBC Nikko
- 09/28 18:43 Japan Average Pump Price Falls to 169.5 Yen
- 09/28 18:08 Regional Banks in Nagano Pref. Announce Merger
- 09/28 17:26 Eisai's New Alzheimer's Drug Found Effective
- 09/26 14:25 McDonald's Japan to Raise Menu Prices by 10-30 Yen
- 09/25 16:34 Japan's Mazda to Terminate Vehicle Production in Russia