First women-only car showroom opens in Saudi
A Saudi private company on Thursday opened the first car showroom for women only just five months before a decision allowing females to drive takes effect.
The showroom was opened in a shopping mall in the western Red Sea port city of Jeddah to allow women the freedom to choose their own cars before they hit the road.
In a historic decision late last year, King Salman gave Saudi women the right to drive, abolishing an almost three-decade ban based on religious reasons.
The showroom offers a wide selection of vehicles from various makes and is staffed by women only.
It also provides women with solutions to finance their purchase provided by leading banks and financial companies.
The company plans to open more automobiles showrooms for women in the oil-rich kingdom.
(2018/01/12 11:46)Click Here for Japanese Translation
AFP-JIJI PRESS NEWS JOURNAL
- 01/19 11:15 Norway aims for all short-haul flights 100% electric by 2040
- 01/19 11:12 'Fire and Fury' to get TV adaptation-- reports
- 01/19 11:09 Violent storms bring travel chaos to the Netherlands
- 01/19 11:06 Last three years hottest on record-- UN
- 01/19 11:03 Woody Allen hits back at daughter molestation claims
- 01/19 10:57 Giant pandas arrive in Finland in Chinese charm offensive
- 01/18 14:54 S. Korea's 'kimchi deficit' hits record high
- 01/18 14:52 Famed US artist's sculpture destroyed in S. Korea
- 01/18 14:48 Republican senator slams Trump for Stalin-like attacks on media
- 01/18 14:44 Yabba dabba doo! Malaysian sultan gets Flintstones car
- 01/18 14:38 Daughter Dylan says telling 'truth' about Woody Allen
- 01/18 14:32 Trump reveals winners of controversial 'Fake News Awards'
- 01/17 14:16 US state of New Jersey outlaws drunk droning
- 01/17 12:58 EU sets 2030 target for recyclable plastic packaging
- 01/17 12:52 Federer urges players not to act like 'robots' with the media
- 01/17 12:44 Grunter Sabalenka feels Aussie wrath
- 01/17 12:39 S. Korean soldiers' wages almost doubled
- 01/17 12:33 Cranberries singer was preparing new version of 'Zombie'
- 01/16 14:46 Ref, technology controversies cast shadow over Ligue 1
- 01/16 14:39 Suppressing a sneeze can be dangerous, doctors warn
- 01/16 14:33 Naked Cowboy bravely sings of love for Trump in Mexico
- 01/16 14:30 Abducted Chibok girls say 'we won't return'-- Boko Haram video
- 01/16 14:26 Le smartphone? France has another term in mind
- 01/16 14:16 US auto industry jobs down under Trump
- 01/15 11:19 Aches, pains and illness ahead of Australian Open
- 01/15 11:11 Strike disrupts Golf Channel coverage of Sony Open
- 01/15 11:08 Ukraine to launch its first solar plant at Chernobyl
- 01/15 11:03 London store Harrods to remove Diana statue
- 01/15 10:55 'How much do you earn?' Germany takes on gender pay gap
- 01/15 10:51 'Feminist' Deneuve apologises to sex assault victims
- 01/12 12:01 Queen's bra-fitter stripped of royal warrant after revelations
- 01/12 11:56 Pirate attacks at two-decade low-- maritime watchdog
- 01/12 11:52 Spain surpassed US as tourism destination in 2017-- Rajoy
- 01/12 11:46 First women-only car showroom opens in Saudi
- 01/12 11:33 Race to save Indonesian croc stricken by tyre necklace
- 01/12 11:12 Deep, buried glaciers spotted on Mars
- 01/11 12:06 China snorts at pigs aping donkey burgers
- 01/11 12:02 8 in 10 French people believe a conspiracy theory-- survey
- 01/11 11:50 Nepali woman suffocates in 'menstruation hut'
- 01/11 11:45 Uproar in Hollywood over Williams-Wahlberg pay gap
- 01/11 11:41 UK army seeks recruits by offering emotional support
- 01/11 11:38 'Revenge porn'-- Facebook to compensate N. Irish teen
- 01/10 14:19 Midnight vows after historic Australia gay marriage reforms
- 01/10 12:49 Bats' brains boil in Australia heatwave
- 01/10 12:44 Intel chief says chip flaw damage contained by industry
- 01/10 12:38 Conjoined Gaza twins separated in 'successful' Saudi op
- 01/10 12:34 Queen complains about 'horrible' coronation carriage
- 01/10 12:31 SpaceX says rocket worked fine as spy satellite reported lost