Singapore NETS Senior Management, Mr. Alvin Seck Visits Japan for Promoting Business Development with NIPPON Platform
--Meeting Singaporeans’ favorite destination Hokkaido local important personae--
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- “Making Japan into cashless society” is the motto for NIPPON Platform Co., Ltd. which provides various cashless solutions (Tokyo, Japan, CEO: Jun TAKAGI). NIPPON Platform is promoting Singaporean tourists’ payment with Mr. Alvin Seck Weng Kin who is Head of Merchant Services and Solutions for NETS.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190211005825/en/
Ribbon-cutting ceremony: From the left, Kenichi Nakagawa, Sapporo City Council Member; Alvin Seck, Head of Merchant Services & Solutions, NETS; Jun Takagi, CEO, NIPPON Platform (Photo: Business Wire)
NIPPON Platform has partnered with Singaporean company “NETS” to enable
NETS QR code payment in Japan in December 2018.
Consumers can use their NETS Pay, DBS PayLah!, OCBC Pay Anyone or UOB Mighty mobile apps to scan the NETS QR code displayed on our tablets to make payment. Consequently, NIPPON Tablet which is 100% subsidiary of NIPPON Platform providing free tablet rental to medium and small companies launched NETS Pay at distributed tablets from December 12, 2018. At this point, NETS QR is only available at NIPPON Tablet’s tablets in Japan.
Hokkaido is Singaporeans’ favorite destination, therefore Mr. Alvin Seck visited Sapporo Snow Festival to meet local important personae and is planning to make a presentation in Tokyo to promote NETS in Japan.
2. Hokkaido courtesy call summary
Mr. Alvin Seck made courtesy calls on Hokkaido business important
personae on February 8.
Following is the schedule of this visit.
Courtesy call on Vice Mayor of Sapporo, Mr. Takatoshi Machida
Courtesy call and interview on Managing Director, Hokkaido Broadcasting Co., Ltd. Mr. Tetsuya Matsumoto
|12:30 -||Visit NIPPON Platform snow festival exhibition booth, and presenting NETS payment|
Courtesy call on President of Sapporo Tourism Association, Mr. Ryo Shibata
Courtesy call on General Manager, Sales Department, The Hokkaido Shimbun Press, Mr. Takashi Takegahara
3. Invitation for the fifth seminar hosted by Japan Cashless Association
The fifth seminar will be held on February 12, 2019.
We invite Mr. Alvin Seck who is Head of Merchant Services and Solutions for NETS.
On a panel discussion, Mr. Takagi will act as moderator to ask Mr. Alvin Seck and Mr. Takeshi Inoue who is Chief of Policy Implementation Department, Obihiro City, Tokyo Office. We will introduce Obihiro city local government initiatives to welcome south Asian tourists. Participation is free.
[The fifth seminar hosted by Japan Cashless Association: Summary]
|February 12, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|13:45||NETS Mr. Alvin Seck presentation|
Japan Cashless Association Managing Director Mr. Jun Takagi presentation
|16:00||Finish seminar, Q&A session|
TKP Tokyo Station Central Conference Center
Shinmakicho building 10F, Yaesu 1-8-16, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Details on the following link
4. Future developments
Singapore population is a small country with 5,837,325 citizens; however, it functions as a gateway to South Asia in 10 countries of 647.39 million ASEAN member countries. In order to cover this rapidly growing South Asian countries, Singapore market cannot be ignored. It is very important for Nippon Platform to have acquired the contract of NETS Pay which is indispensable for Singaporean daily life. First, start from attracting tourism in Hokkaido by promoting the use of NETS Pay in Japan, we will increase tourism expenditure of Singaporean tourists in Japan. This leads revitalization of Japanese local areas and shopping districts centering on small and medium-sized personal shops in Japan. Second, we support Japanese companies to enter Singapore and cashless settlement locally, for leading economic development in both Japan and Singapore.
5. Mr. Alvin Seck biography
Alvin Seck is 47 years old born in Singapore on July 12, 1971.
Mr. Seck graduated with an honors degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from the University of Glasgow (UK) and pursued a post graduate program and was conferred Masters in Business Management (MBM) with Distinction by Strathclyde Graduate Business School (UK).
He serves as Head of Merchant Services and Solutions for NETS, and provides leadership to manage a growing merchant/customer base of 40,000 and more than 104,000 acceptance points. He manages more than $18 billion per annum merchants transactional volume in Singapore.
NIPPON Platform Co., Ltd.
|Head office:||2-14-5-3F Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
Executive chairman and Overseas operation CEO Jun Takagi
|Executive president and Domestic operation CEO Shinsuke Hishiki|
|Capital:||502,487,400 JPY (Including capital reserves)|
|Business Activities:||Smart payment platform services, shop encourage service|
Koiti HASIDA (PLR*1 technical adviser)
|(Professor at the University of Tokyo)|
|*1: It is one of PDS (Personal Data Store). (PLR: Personal Life Repository).|
NIPPON Platform Co., Ltd.
Source: NIPPON Platform Co., Ltd.
- 02/22 03:32 MHPS Is Global Market Share Leader in 2018 for Heavy Duty Gas Turbines...
- 02/21 16:05 Kyocera DuraForce PRO 2 Rugged, Waterproof Smartphone Wins Prestigious...
- 02/21 16:00 Gigaphoton, the World’s Highest Output Power Class KrF Laser G45K Rel...
- 02/21 15:05 E Ink, TOPPAN and Isetan Mitsukoshi Partner to Develop World’s First ...
- 02/21 14:00 NTT DATA Launches Advanced 3D Digital Map Package for 5G Network Plann...
- 02/21 14:00 LivaNova’s Perceval Sutureless Aortic Heart Valve Receives National R...
- 02/21 14:00 Seoul Semiconductor Made Global Distributor Stop Selling Everlight Pro...
- 02/21 13:00 Renesas Electronics’ New RZ/G2 64-Bit MPUs Deliver Industry-Leading P...
- 02/21 09:52 Toshiba Memory Corporation Develops New Bridge Chip Using PAM 4 to Boo...
- 02/21 07:00 Mitsubishi Motors Lineup at 89th Geneva Motor Show
- 02/21 02:00 Toshiba Brings Arm Cortex-M core-based Microcontrollers to Thundersoft...
- 02/21 00:00 Mizuho Securities and Perella Weinberg Partners Form Strategic Collabo...
- 02/20 14:30 KCI Launches ABTHERA Therapy in Japan
- 02/20 13:00 Renesas Synergy Platform Adds Low Power S5D3 MCU Group with Advanced S...
- 02/20 11:21 The Japanese Prepaid Cards Market to 2023 - A $283.2 Billion Opportuni...
- 02/20 01:00 Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. Transitions to Cloud-Based Charles R...
- 02/19 18:00 Hachise Co. Ltd.: New Kyo-Machiya Built by Traditional Construction Me...
- 02/19 15:30 Shinkowa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Receives an Interim Report of Clinic...
- 02/19 15:00 NOHT CO.,LTD.: Bananana Effects Has Released New Versions of both “AU...
- 02/19 14:00 Mavenir’s NFV-Based RCS Solution Selected by Rakuten for Next-Generat...
- 02/19 13:00 Optoscribe and Sumitomo Electric Announce Strategic Cooperation to Del...
- 02/19 06:11 Renesas Electronics Develops 28nm MCU With Virtualization-Assisted Fun...
- 02/19 05:30 AJWELP to Support and Empower Women Startups in the ASEAN Member States
- 02/19 05:10 Mitsubishi Electric Delivers Train Information Monitoring and Analysis...
- 02/18 13:25 Japan Gift Cards and Incentive Cards Market Intelligence and Future Gr...
- 02/18 06:15 DOCOMO to Provide Photo Album Service on OEM Basis to FET in Taiwan
- 02/18 02:30 Kawasaki Completes New Plant in India to Produce Hydraulic Equipment f...
- 02/18 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Launches MI3000 Model Industrial Computers, Extend...
- 02/18 01:30 ABLIC Inc., Launches the S-89630AB, a Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier...
- 02/15 20:00 New Study Shows Japanese-brand Automakers Generate 1.52 Million Jobs i...