TOYO TIRE: Establishment of First European R&D Center
HYOGO, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Toyo Tire Corporation (Headquarters: Itami City, Hyogo Prefecture; President: Takashi Shimizu)(TOKYO:5105) announces that it will establish a new R&D Center, the first European technology development site, in Germany (Willich, North Rhine-Westphalia).
The center is planned to begin operation this fall with an objective of building a strong technical foundation in Europe by strengthening capability of product development, corresponding to the “movement” of next-generation mobility. With the establishment of the center, Toyo will have technology development sites in the United States, Japan and Europe respectively. Toyo will enhance its capability of development among the current R&D centers and the new European center by combining and sharing knowledge and information collected.
In order to enhance its state-of-the-art technology in Europe, Toyo has announced on July 30th this year, to build a tire plant in the Republic of Serbia, starting tire production from January 2022. In line to this, Toyo will establish the technology center to expand its capability of collecting market information in the field of tire related materials, and the latest technology of tire products driven by the movement of next-generation mobility.
Europe being a home to large numbers of top-ranking automobile manufacturers and automobile-related companies, to have a base in Europe is beneficial to Toyo especially in terms of the quality and fresh information. The center will combine material research with technology development and fulfill the function of ensuring the development and production of high-performance, high-value-added tires in the new plant developed on site.
Going forward, in conjunction with the beginning of full-fledged operations at the new tire plant in the Republic of Serbia, Toyo will continuously enhance its foundation for various types of technology in the field of tire compounding, production method, assessment and simulation technology which leads to strengthening Toyo’s strategic products. Such aim has already led Toyo to start its study of future expansion of the R&D function in Europe beyond this site.
Europe R&D Center
Willich, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
No. of employees
Approximately 10 (as of 2022, included 3 assigned from Japan)
Survey and Evaluation of Raw Materials, Tire Assessment and Collect Information, etc.
Approx. 2,500 m2
Materials Testing Facilities, Chemical Analysis Facilities
Toyo Tire Corporation
Corporate Communications Dept.
Source: Toyo Tire Corporation
- 08/23 06:30 Cantargia and BioWa Extend Ongoing Collaboration around the POTELLIGEN...
- 08/23 00:00 FitXR: VR Fitness Game BoxVR Now Available for PlayStation VR in Japan
- 08/22 12:03 Saki Corporation Collaborates with Ersa to Demonstrate Benefits of 2D ...
- 08/22 12:00 Nexa3D Partners with Brulé to Enter the Japanese 3D Printing Market
- 08/22 07:00 MobileIron Named a Leader Again in the Second Gartner Magic Quadrant f...
- 08/22 04:00 Mori Building Unveils Massive Urban Regeneration Project in Central To...
- 08/21 18:00 U.S. FDA Grants XTANDI (enzalutamide) Application Priority Review for ...
- 08/21 14:00 The World's First 5nm Generation AI Chip is Taped Out - TeraPixel Tech...
- 08/21 13:00 Evidera and CSS Collaborate to Develop Joint Real-world and Patient-ce...
- 08/21 07:47 Children’s Online Mathematics Thinking Education Platform?VIPThink is...
- 08/20 21:02 JSR Establishes Investment Subsidiary to Accelerate New Business Devel...
- 08/20 14:00 2nd STREET USA, Inc. Will Open Its New Store, 2nd STREET NoHo Located ...
- 08/20 12:00 Renesas Electronics’ Enhanced RX65N Wi-Fi Connectivity Cloud Kit Simp...
- 08/20 06:05 Kito Added to JPX-Nikkei Mid and Small Cap Index
- 08/20 04:00 Announcement of Paidy’s Acquisition of Tri-Link Asia for Advancing in...
- 08/19 17:50 BAI Announces 2019 Global Innovation Award Finalists
- 08/19 06:00 RISO Unveils VALEZUS, a New Brand for the Production-printing Market
- 08/19 01:30 Empathy Japan: “ROMPERS BEAR” Originated in Japan Launches Overseas ...
- 08/16 14:53 Japan Contact Center Applications Markets, 2017-2018 & 2024 - Rese...
- 08/16 14:27 AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insu...
- 08/16 09:04 Tokai Fuji Brokerage Says New Chinese AI Startup IPO Worth Over $1 Bil...
- 08/16 01:00 Nippon Platform CEO Jun Takagi Gave His Presentation at the 37th MAJEC...
- 08/15 12:00 Nintendo News: Top Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Teams Hea...
- 08/15 06:00 2019 Edogawa NICHE Prize Awarded to Dr. Steven Rosenberg for His Pione...
- 08/14 17:37 Japan TV Forecasts 2017-2024: Revenues, Subscribers, Key Players - Res...
- 08/14 13:00 SEE THE STARS Introduces Japanese Food and Culture Media; “SHOYU”
- 08/14 07:00 MUFG Bank, Ltd. Announces Risk-Adjusted Capital Ratio Based on the Bas...
- 08/13 17:56 Komatsu’s Proactive Dozing Control Logic Offers Integrated Machine Co...
- 08/13 06:15 HAPSMobile Working Together with Facebook to Accelerate the Adoption o...
- 08/09 16:25 Cyber Forza, Inc. Announces a Strategic Partnership with Japan Radio C...