Kyoto by the Sea: Sacred Motoise Shrine and Nariaiji Temple Transform into an Immersive World of Art
Special Exhibitions: ALTERNATIVE KYOTO + Nariaiji Temple Illumination
KYOTO, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kyoto by the Sea DMO (Destination Management/Marketing Organization):
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191006005063/en/
Nariaiji Temple (Photo: Business Wire)
Exhibitions: Artspaces of Light: 9/13-11/4 & 11/9,11/10 (open fri, sat, sun, holidays)
Motoise Kono Shrine Sept. 13 - Nov. 4 (6-9pm)
Nariaiji Temple, Amanohashidate Nov. 9-10 (sunset-9pm)
- Amanohashidate, one of Japan’s Three Scenic Views, along with the area’s major temples and shrines, will be transformed into a dream-like atmosphere with light, video projection, and sound-based digital art.
- Internationally renowned media artists Hiroaki Umeda and NONOTAK will use Motoise Kono Shrine, the most sacred and highest-ranked shrine in the history of the region, as their stage, recreating the origin of Amanohashidate by way of a “Path of Light” and “Sea of Light.”
- Exhibit “JIKU” features Nariaiji Temple, one of Japan’s 33 Western Pilgrimage Temples set to beautiful lights. The fall foliage will be in full-effect on this mountain temple overlooking the Sea of Japan, which will be highlighted with a special staging by Seiichi Saito, the executive of the internationally acclaimed, Rhizomatiks By connecting Nariaiji Temple and Chionji Tempe (separated by the 3.6km land bridge of Amanohashidate) with light, Seiichi captures the creation of Amanohashidate, a legend born of light.
Award-winning Hiroaki Umeda's choreographic works have been performed in over 150 cities in 40 countries. His works go beyond dance and choreography, encompassing sound, video and lighting design.
photo credit: Shin Yamagata
|Hiroaki UMEDA Exhibition: Sept. 13 - Oct. 14|
NONOTAK: collaboration between illustrator Noemi Schipfer and architect-musician Takami Nakamoto. They create light and sound installations with immersive & dreamlike environments. Exhibitions worldwide, including the Tate and World Heritage Kiyomizu Temple. www.nonotak.com
NONOTAK Exhibition: Oct. 18 - Nov. 4 *special opening 10/21
|Seiichi Saito earned his M.S. from Columbia University in Advanced Architectural Design and has since received many international awards for his work. He is the founder and director of Architecture of Rhizomatiks Co., Ltd., a group at the forefront of architecture, design, and research. https://rhizomatiks.com/en/|
|Seiichi SAITO Exhibition “JIKU”: Nov. 9, Nov. 10|
event info contact: Amanohashidate Station Tourist Information Center
314-2 Monju, Miyazu, Kyoto, JAPAN
[TEL] +81-772-22-8030 (Office Hours: 9am-6pm)
SPONSORS: Amanohashidate Area Association / Agency for Cultural Affairs, Kyoto Prefecture
Fall Foliage key viewing spots in Kyoto by the Sea
Amanohashidate: Viewland, Kasamatsu Park, Nariaiji Temple
Ayabe: Komyoji Temple & Niomon Gate
Fukuchiyama: Fukuchiyama Castle, Oeyama Mountain Range
Source: Kyoto by the Sea Destination Management/Marketing Organization
Smart Multimedia Gallery
Nariaiji Temple (Photo: Business Wire)
Award-winning choreographer/artist, Hiroaki Umeda (photo credit: Shin Yamagata)
NONOTAK: illustrator Noemi Schipfer and architect-musician Takami Nakamoto (Photo: Business Wire)
Seiichi Saito, Rhizomatiks Director of Architecture (Photo: Business Wire)
Fukuchiyama Castle (Photo: Business Wire)
Komyo-ji Temple (Photo: Business Wire)
- 10/12 06:32 Incyte Announces Positive 52-Week Results From a Randomized Phase 2 St...
- 10/11 12:00
- 10/11 09:00 Japan's Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS2019 ASEAN Inbound Program 5th...
- 10/11 07:48 Saitama Rakuten International Says Aramco IPO Could Break Records
- 10/11 02:00 Yokogawa Releases Dynamic Real Time Optimizer, a New Solution in the O...
- 10/10 13:00 ETC Labs Selects BloqCloud to Deliver Managed Blockchain Services to t...
- 10/10 03:00 NIPPON Platform Has Won the ‘Audience Award’ at the Mastercard Start...
- 10/10 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Achieves Successful Fault Current Interruption Usi...
- 10/10 01:00 Perspectum announces partnership with Precious Medical Centre
- 10/10 01:00 Murata to Develop Millimeter-Wave (60 GHz) RF Module for Terragraph
- 10/09 10:00 Marvell Now a Founding Promoter of NAV Alliance
- 10/09 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric’s KOTSUMON System Uses AI Video Technology to Ana...
- 10/08 21:01 Fluor, JGC and Technip Selected for Landmark Rovuma LNG Project in Moz...
- 10/08 18:36 Peter Reiner Joins Rinnai America Corporation as Vice President of Mar...
- 10/08 13:50 Adlai Nortye Presents Encouraging Phase 1b Study Data of AN0025 (an Or...
- 10/08 13:09 Exostar and Fujitsu Partner to Advance Global Supply Chain Cybersecurity
- 10/08 12:00 Renesas Electronics Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M Microcont...
- 10/08 06:05 Shiseido to Acquire DRUNK ELEPHANT
- 10/08 06:00 Gilead Sciences Submits New Drug Application for Filgotinib for the Tr...
- 10/08 03:57 Hong Kong International Optical Fair Opens in November
- 10/08 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Unveils “EMIRAI S” Concept Cabin
- 10/08 01:53 NTT Delivers Successful Ultra Reality Viewing of Live MLB Postseason G...
- 10/08 01:00 Yamaha VOCALOID:AI Faithfully Reproduces Singing of Legendary Japanese...
- 10/07 23:00 Impinj Extends Support for Japan’s Electronic Tag Initiative at Conve...
- 10/07 14:00 Come See the Latest Kyocera's microLED Display Using glo's microLED Pa...
- 10/07 13:03 Tide Raises £44.1 Million (US$54.3 Million) in a First-round of Serie...
- 10/07 12:30 Global Wagyu Beef Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with AUSTR...
- 10/07 12:00 Abiomed Announces 1,000th Patient Treated with Impella in Japan
- 10/07 08:37 Azbil Launches Photoelectric Switches with Improved Environmental Res...
- 10/07 06:58 Kyoto by the Sea: Sacred Motoise Shrine and Nariaiji Temple Transform ...