Japan Wine Market Assessment & Forecast to 2023 - Per Capita Consumption of Wine in Japan is Higher than the Regional Level - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The "Japan Wine - Market Assessment and Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Japanese wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2018 . The category is also forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Glass is the only pack material used in the sector. Kikkoman Corporation, Beam Suntory Inc., and Mercian Corporation are the leading players in the sector.
The Country Profile report on the wine sector in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for rigid plastics, glass, flexible packaging, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: specialty container, bottle, tube, tub and others.
- Japanese wine sector is expected to grow by value and volume terms during 2018-2023.
- Still wine is the largest category in value and volume terms in Italian prepared meals sector.
- Still wine is also expected to register the faster growth rate in value and volume terms during 2018-2023.
- Per capita consumption of wine in Japan is higher than the regional level.
- Kikkoman Corporation, Beam Suntory Inc., and Mercian Corporation are the leading players in the sector.
- Glass is the only pack material used in the sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Japan in the global and regional context
- Japan in the global and Asia-Pacific wine sector
- Japan compared to other leading countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Per capita consumption and expenditure - Japan compared to the Asia-Pacific and global levels
- Sector analysis - wine
- Country snapshot - wine sector in Japan
- Value and volume analysis - wine sector in Japan
- Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
- Change in category share by value
- Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
- Change in category share by volume
- Per capita consumption analysis by category
- Category analysis: fortified wine
- Segment analysis (in value terms): fortified wine
- Segment analysis (in volume terms): fortified wine
- Category analysis: sparkling wine
- Category analysis: still wine
- Distribution analysis
- Distribution channel share analysis: wine
- Distribution channel share analysis by category
- Leading companies in the sector (in volume terms) in the wine sector, 2018
- Top 5 companies share by brand (in volume terms) in the wine sector, 2018
- Brand shares of top five companies (in and volume terms) by category, 2018
- Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
- Packaging analysis
- Pack material
- Pack type
- Closure type
- Primary outer type
- Demographic analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
- Country risk index
- Kikkoman Corporation
- Beam Suntory Inc.
- Mercian Corporation
- Via Concha Y Toro S.A.
- VIA CONO SUR S.A.
- Pernod Ricard SA
- Freixenet (Dws) Ltd
- Vina Maipo
- Freycinet Inc. and Suntory
- Via Errazuriz S.A
- Via Santa Helena S.A
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/83ttvc
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Source: Research and Markets
- 02/21 20:11 BIO Asia Conference in Tokyo Cancelled Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- 02/21 17:38 Piraeus Bank Has Entered Into a Strategic Collaboration With ORIX Corp...
- 02/21 14:00 YOSHIKIMONO Chosen for V&A Exhibition in London
- 02/21 12:00 Telecom, Technology, and Aviation Industry Leaders Join Forces to Crea...
- 02/21 11:59 Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Approves Opdivo (nivolumab...
- 02/21 11:35 CORRECTING and REPLACING PHOTO Tokyo Metropolitan Government to Open O...
- 02/21 11:00 Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS 2019 ASEAN Inbound Program ...
- 02/21 06:10 Mitsubishi Electric Begins Developing Martian Moons Exploration Probe
- 02/21 06:00 Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd: Support for Control of Novel Coronavirus ...
- 02/21 04:16 AtMet KOREA Unveils High-Quality Cargo Anchoring Device ‘BulkStrap’
- 02/21 02:12 Kioxia First to Deliver PCIe® 4.0 Solid State Drives
- 02/20 17:30 CyberX Announces Integration with Microsoft Azure Security Center for ...
- 02/20 16:00 Gigaphoton Unveils New Lasers for 2020
- 02/20 15:00 2nd STREET USA, Inc. to Open First East Coast Store on February 22, 20...
- 02/20 13:25 AG&P Breaks Ground on its LNG Import Facility at Karaikal Port, Pu...
- 02/20 11:00 TOYO Corporation Announces 25GbE Packet Capture Appliance for 5G Netwo...
- 02/20 08:00 Vantage 2019 Review: Standout Year for Pharma, Anchored by Strong Four...
- 02/20 05:38 Mitsubishi Electric Announces Changes in Representative Executive Offi...
- 02/20 04:46 AtMet KOREA Participates in Logis-Tech TOKYO 2020 Aiming to Expand int...
- 02/19 14:00 RIBOMIC Announces First Injection in the Phase 2 Clinical Trial of RBM...
- 02/19 13:12 Seattle Genetics and Astellas Receive FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designa...
- 02/19 13:00 EnterpriseDB Powers Subscription Growth for 40th Consecutive Quarter; ...
- 02/19 13:00 Renesas Electronics and Hitachi Develop High-Speed, High-Precision Aut...
- 02/19 12:02 Udemy Secures $50 Million Investment from Long-time Partner, Benesse H...
- 02/19 12:01 Rockwell Automation Strengthens Control & Visualization Portfolio ...
- 02/19 01:00 Japan's Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS 2019 ASEAN Outbound Program 8...
- 02/18 21:00 Franchise Partners Outlines Opportunities for Value Creation at Kirin ...
- 02/18 17:00 Hotel New Otani Tokyo's EXECUTIVE HOUSE ZEN Lauded with Five-star Rank...
- 02/18 14:00 Mattel Celebrates Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Products Collection
- 02/18 14:00 Bigtincan Signs Partnership Agreement with NTT DOCOMO, INC.