Japanese Data Center Market Insights and Forecast to 2025 with the Potential Impact of COVID-19 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The "Japan Data Center Market - Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included
The report considers the present scenario of the data center market in Japan and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2020-2025. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspect of the data center market.
Japan data center market likely to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the period 2020-2025
Equinix and GIC, MC Digital Realty, NTT Communications, AT TOKYO, Internet Initiative Japan, and Colt DCS are some of the prominent investors in the Japan data center market. In 2018, around 30% of organizations in Japan implemented cloud computing infrastructure. In February 2020, the Japanese government agreed to a deal with AWS to help move HR systems and document management tools in the cloud environment by 2025. YouTube is the most active social media platform in Japan, accounting for about 75% share in 2019, followed by Facebook, Line, Twitter, Instagram, and Ameblo.
The entry of international businesses into the country is driving high data usage due to the increased usage of applications and platforms such as data analytics, big data, and artificial intelligence. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is playing a role in IoT application deployments like AI-based security and privacy of IoT devices, edge computing of IoT devices, and more. The market in Japan has now evolved with international and global hyperscale cloud providers. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, Microsoft Azure, and IBM SoftLayer cloud service providers are expanding their presence in Tokyo and Osaka markets.
Submarine cable projects have been increased in the region to attract more data center operations and investors. In 2020, the submarine cable projects like Southeast Asia-Japan Cable 2 (SJC2), JUPITER, Japan-Guam-Australia North (JGA-N), and Okinawa Cellular Cable would connect Japan with the US, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Singapore. In Japan, construction projects are not completely halted due to COVID-19. Data center operations in Japan are carried on without any disruption by taking precautionary measures to ensure safety for employees. The impact of operations is expected to range between low and moderate.
The cloud services market in Japan is estimated at around $6 billion in 2020, which is likely to grow at a CAGR of around 15% during the period 2019-2025. Japan attracted a majority of the investment from colocation service providers such as Equinix, MC Digital Realty, NEC, NTT, AT TOKYO and via the Internet Initiative Japan in 2019 and 2020. In 2019, Mitsubishi Corporation and MC Digital Realty reached an agreement to acquire about 20,000 square meter land in Inzai-city to open Tokyo 2 data center facility.
Google's new submarine cable project, connecting Japan-Guam-Australia, is a 9,500 km fiber-optic cable project that is likely to be operational by 2020, delivering 36 Tbps of capacity. The country plans to increase its renewable power by 24% by 2030. Solar power plants have contributed more renewable energy generation. In 2020, the Southeast Asia-Japan 2 cable (SJC2) is a major submarine project in the SEA region that connects Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mainland China, and Korea.
Key Topics Covered
1. Market Snapshot
2. Impact of COVID-19
3. List of Datacenter Investment in Japan
4. Investment Opportunities in Japan
5. Investment by Area
6. Investment by Power Capacity
7. Colocation Market
8. Market Dynamics
9. Japan Data Center Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
10. Japan Data Center Market by Electrical Infrastructure
11. Japan Data Center Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
12. Japan Data Center Market by Cooling Systems
13. Japan Data Center Market by General Construction
14. Japan Data Center Market by Tier Standards
15. Japan Data Center Market by Geography
16. Key Market Participants
- AT TOKYO Corporation
- Colt DCS
- Fuji Electric
- Fuji Furukawa Engineering & Construction
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hibiya Engineering
- Hitec-Power Protection
- Internet Initiative Japan
- Kajima Corporation
- Keihanshin Building
- Marcai Design
- MC Digital Realty
- Meiho Facility Works
- Mitsubishi Electric
- MTU Onsite Energy
- NEC Corporation
- NTT Communications
- NTT Facilities
- Obayashi Corporation
- Schneider Electric
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ec3dk2
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Source: Research and Markets
- 07/15 01:00 Cohesity Data Management Platform Certified to Run on Fujitsu PRIMERGY...
- 07/14 13:00 PFU, a Fujitsu Company, Joins Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Progra...
- 07/14 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Develops New Technology to Realize Small, High-eff...
- 07/13 13:00 GN COS Launches GN MEDI Antibacterial Spray to Address COVID-19 Crisis...
- 07/13 06:01 Renasas: Notice Regarding Conclusion of Commitment Line Agreement
- 07/13 06:00 New Interim Results from Phase IIIb Study Reinforce the Long-Term Safe...
- 07/13 03:35 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Announces Filing of Annual Report...
- 07/12 12:30 Takeda Provides Updates on Its Pharmacokinetic-guided Prophylaxis Stud...
- 07/10 11:33 Akita Michinoku Capital Reports On The Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Seein...
- 07/10 02:18 Genial Technology Launches GenialAI OCR to Help Accelerate Digital Tra...
- 07/10 01:00 Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd. and Palantir Technologies Inc. to Begin Work...
- 07/09 18:00 Epic Games Receives Strategic Investment from Sony Corporation
- 07/09 18:00 New Evidence Shows Morinaga Milk’s Probiotic Bifidobacterium breve A...
- 07/09 13:42 Omniscience Technology Chosen by Major Japanese Life Insurance Company
- 07/09 12:00 Renesas Unveils Integrated LIN Interface Sensor Signal Conditioner for...
- 07/09 05:52 Kawasaki Receives Order for New H145//BK117 D-3 Helicopter From NMB-Mi...
- 07/09 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Develops Accurate Circuit Simulation Technology ...
- 07/09 01:00 RSA Conference 2020 APJ Virtual Learning Event – 10 Session Tracks t...
- 07/08 23:30 RMB Capital’s Shareholder Proposal (Share Buyback) Gained 14% Suppor...
- 07/08 23:15 RMB Capital’s Shareholder Proposal (Share Buyback) Gained 11% Suppor...
- 07/08 23:00 RMB Capital’s Shareholder Proposal (Share Buyback) Gained 15% Suppor...
- 07/08 12:00 MobileIron Offers Complete Mobile Phishing Protection to Secure the Ev...
- 07/08 12:00 Takeda and the New York Academy of Sciences Announce 2020 Innovators i...
- 07/08 01:30 Astex Pharmaceuticals, Taiho Oncology, and Otsuka Pharmaceutical Annou...
- 07/08 01:00 Mobileye and WILLER Partner on Self-Driving Mobility Solutions for Jap...
- 07/08 00:33 Ito-Yokado Co., Ltd. Launches Customer Experience Management Program w...
- 07/07 12:00 Renesas Advanced Automotive SoC Adopted by Continental for Its Body Hi...
- 07/07 11:03 AMJ Hall Global Reports On SoftBank Climbing To 20-Year Record High Of...
- 07/07 07:00 Resco and Hitachi Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership, Expanding ...
- 07/07 01:00 PHC Group Increases Stake in SciMed to Strengthen Life Sciences Busine...