GC Pharma Reports Q2 2020 Results
Vaccines’ supply to be stronger in the second half
YONGIN, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- GC Pharma (formerly known as Green Cross Corporation) (KRX: 006280), a South Korean biopharmaceutical company, today announced unaudited consolidated financial results for second quarter of 2020.
Second-Quarter Reported Results(1)
KRW 360.0 billion
KRW 15.6 billion
K-IFRS profit after taxation
KRW 13.6 billion
(1) Results from continuing operations (Green Cross MS’ blood bag business has been classified as discontinued operations)
(2) Results and percentages compare to equivalent 2019 period
- Delivered total revenue growth of 1.1% to KRW 360.0 billion (2019 Q2: 356.2 billion), and operation profit decreased 22.0% to KRW 15.6 billion (2019 Q2: 20.0 billion) in the Q2 of 2020
- Unconsolidated revenues temporary setback impacted by international shipping schedule changes
- Maintain double-digit growth in consolidated subsidiaries, including Green Cross MS and Green Cross LabCell
- Green Cross local sales up 3.4% reflecting strong vaccines and CHC segment performance
- Green Cross international sales temporarily slowed down due to S/H sales of Flu vaccine split Q1 and Q2 unlike prior year, and VZ vaccine expected stronger in the second half
- Weaker sales of international proteins business continued, as a result of controlling operations
- Gross profit margin growth driven by increased sales and favourable mix, SG&A rates impact on operating profit margin but expected to progressively ease over the course of the second half
Expected R&D Milestones
- Hunterase China regulatory decision in Q3
- GreenGeneF China regulatory decision in Q4
- Hunterase ICV Japan regulatory decision in Q4
- IVIG 10% US BLA submission in Q4
About GC Pharma
GC Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company that delivers life-saving and life-sustaining protein therapeutics and vaccines. Headquartered in South Korea, GC Pharma is the largest plasma protein product manufacturer in Asia and has been dedicated to quality healthcare solutions more than half a century. Green Cross Corporation updates its corporate brand as GC Pharma in early 2018. Green Cross Corporation remains the company's registered, legal name.
This release includes forward-looking statements, which express the current beliefs and expectations of GC Pharma’s management. Such statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and the company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Source: GC Pharma
- 08/14 15:48 Oita Chuo Pacific Management Comments on Airbnb Planning to File for I...
- 08/14 08:42 MUFG Bank, Ltd. Announces Risk-Adjusted Capital Ratio Based on the Bas...
- 08/14 07:00 DBJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease and Fuyo General Lease to Invest With Airbus...
- 08/14 04:19 Ad-tech Company Buzzvil Tightens Grip in the US, Japan, Taiwan
- 08/13 16:17 Quantum Computers Have the Potential to be Faster and More Powerful Th...
- 08/13 15:00 Asia’s First Private Driving Club “THE MAGARIGAWA CLUB” Schedule...
- 08/13 12:16 Akita Michinoku Capital Comments on Palantir as They Prepare for a Dir...
- 08/13 12:00 Renesas Introduces Two Dual-Output Synchronous Controllers With Low Qu...
- 08/13 10:00 Khawaja Holdings Will Expand into Japan in 2020
- 08/13 09:54 Seoul Viosys to Develop a Cancer Diagnosis Technology for Companion An...
- 08/13 05:00 Vonage to Power Cloud Software Provider Spacely’s Virtual Reality So...
- 08/12 14:32 Japan Digital Gift Card (e-Gift Card) Industry Worth $9 Billion by 202...
- 08/12 12:47 Akita Michinoku Capital Says SoftBank-Backed KE Aims to Raise $2.1 Bil...
- 08/11 14:00 Private Photo-Sharing App FamilyAlbum Surpasses 8 Million Users
- 08/11 09:00 Hibiki Path Advisors Response to Updated Divestment Proposed for Accor...
- 08/11 01:00 RMB Capital Opposes Tender Offer to FamilyMart by Itochu and Demands H...
- 08/11 00:07 FINEOS Acquires Limelight Health
- 08/10 17:00 Nobel Prize Winners in Physiology and Medicine Gave Video Messages to ...
- 08/10 14:00 National Hemophilia Foundation and Takeda Partner with Alex Borstein t...
- 08/10 11:12 Japan Gift Card and Incentive Card Market and Future Growth Dynamics t...
- 08/10 10:12 Google Introduces Google Maps Profiles While Apple Expands Look Around...
- 08/07 09:28 Novavax and Takeda Announce Collaboration for Novavax’ COVID-19 Vacc...
- 08/07 07:30 Five of Kirin’s Proprietary Lactococcus lactis strain Plasma Product...
- 08/07 02:00 Cerebras Systems Accelerates Global Expansion with New Japan Office an...
- 08/07 01:14 Statement by Oasis Management Company Ltd. on FamilyMart
- 08/06 13:19 Nexon Releases Earnings for Second Quarter 2020
- 08/06 12:20 High Demand for “Robotics Skills” in Post-Corona Recovery - Report...
- 08/06 12:00 Renesas’ Intersil Brand ICs Blast Off Onboard the Mars 2020 Persever...
- 08/06 12:00 Daiichi Sankyo Announces Clinical Trial Collaboration with AstraZeneca...
- 08/05 14:41 Akita Michinoku Capital Says Blackstone Agrees on $4.7 Billion Ancestr...