Hepatocellular Carcinoma Epidemiology Forecast to 2029: Focus on US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Urban China - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The "Hepatocellular Carcinoma - Epidemiology Forecast to 2029" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and the global and historical trends for HCC in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and urban China). The report includes the diagnosed incident cases and five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HCC in these markets from 2019-2029.
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a common type of primary liver cancer that arises from the hepatocytes in the liver. HCC has a high mortality rate and accounts for 75-90% of all primary liver cancers, making it the third leading cause of cancer mortality worldwide (El-Serag and Rudolph, 2007; Altekruse, McGlynn and Reichman, 2009; Lafaro, Demirjian and Pawlik, 2015; Cancer Treatment Centers of America, 2020). HCC is classified by various staging systems such as the Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) stage and Child Pugh stages. The major risk factors for HCC are hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, and alcohol abuse (Lafaro, Demirjian and Pawlik, 2015).
Cirrhosis is present in 80-90% of HCC patients and is crucial in the development of HCC. HCC is more common in men than women, averaging between two to four times as many cases in men than in women (El-Serag and Rudolph, 2007; Altekruse, McGlynn and Reichman, 2009). This could be due to men being more likely to be infected with HBV and HCV, consume alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or have increased iron levels (El-Serag and Rudolph, 2007).
In 2019, the 8MM combined had 259,561 diagnosed incident cases of HCC in both sexes for ages 18 years and older. In 2019, Urban China accounted for the majority of these cases, with 154,032 diagnosed incident cases, while the UK accounted for the fewest cases, with 5,700 cases. The publisher's epidemiologists forecast the diagnosed incident cases of HCC to increase to 343,761 cases in 2029 in the 8MM at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 3.24% during the forecast period.
- The diagnosed incident cases of HCC are further segmented by sex and age (18 years and older), BCLC Stage (stage A, stage B, stage C, and stage D), Child Pugh stage (Child Pugh stage A, Child Pugh stage B, and Child Pugh stage C), HCC risk factors (HBV, HCV, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis [NASH] or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease [NAFLD], and alcohol use), cirrhotic and non-cirrhotic HCC, and biomarkers (Alpha-fetoprotein [AFP], >400ng/mL). Additionally, the report includes the all-time diagnosed prevalent cases of HCC by BCLC stage.
- The HCC epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HCC market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HCC market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups that present the best opportunities for HCC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of HCC by stage at diagnosis, BCLC stage, Child Pugh stage, risk factors and biomarkers.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
2 Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Executive Summary
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Reports
3.1 Disease Background
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
3.3 Global and Historical Trends
3.4 Forecast Methodology
3.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
3.4.3 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC
3.4.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by BCLC Stage
3.4.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Child Pugh Stage
3.4.6 Diagnosed Incident Cases by HCC Risk Factors
3.4.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Cirrhotic Versus Non-cirrhotic HCC
3.4.8 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Biomarker AFP
3.4.9 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HCC
3.4.10 All-Time Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of BCLC by Stage
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for HCC, 2019-2029
3.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC
3.5.2 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC
3.5.3 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC
3.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by BCLC Stage
3.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Child Pugh Stage
3.5.6 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Risk Factors
3.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases by Cirrhotic Versus Non-cirrhotic HCC
3.5.8 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HCC by Biomarker AFP
3.5.9 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HCC
3.5.10 All-Time Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HCC by BCLC Stage
3.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
3.6.2 COVID-19 Impact
3.6.3 Limitations of the Analysis
3.6.4 Strengths of the Analysis
4.2 About the Authors
4.2.3 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology
4.2.4 Global Head and EVP of Healthcare Operations and Strategy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b60n12
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Source: Research and Markets
- 01/28 08:40 Seoul Viosys Begins Mass Production of 25Gbps VCSELs for 5G Communicat...
- 01/28 07:00 Cross-Border Commerce Europe Is Launching the First Edition of Its ‘...
- 01/28 07:00 Akur8 Partners with AXA Direct Japan to Transform Their Insurance Pric...
- 01/28 06:00 Cognigy Secures Funding to Meet Growing Demand for Conversational AI i...
- 01/28 04:30 DIC and Jindal Poly Films Reached a Consensus to Collaborate in the Ar...
- 01/27 14:00 Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc., and S...
- 01/27 13:00 ENHERTU® Receives Prime Minister’s Award from the Japan Techno-Econ...
- 01/27 13:00 Renesas Adds New Entry-Line RA2E1 MCU Group to RA Family to Address Co...
- 01/27 12:00 Millaye Inc.: EUYEN | Sustainable Sneakers for the Future
- 01/27 10:00 Takeda Achieved Carbon Neutrality in 2020
- 01/27 07:42 Makebot Publishes 2021 Asia Chatbot Trend Report
- 01/27 05:30 Regeta: bine Insoles | Change the Way You Walk With Just 15g!
- 01/27 04:00 Toyoda Gosei to Merge Group Companies in India for “TG One India”
- 01/26 14:00 Hudson Sustainable Group Closes Inaugural Green Bond in Japan
- 01/26 14:00 Fuzionaire Radioisotope Technologies K.K. and Nihon Medi-Physics Enter...
- 01/26 11:35 Takeda Achieves Industry-Leading Positions in 2021 Access to Medicine ...
- 01/25 15:15 HPC-AI Advisory Council and PC Cluster Consortium to Host 1st Annual J...
- 01/25 10:00 Amadis Appoints Fabrice Grenier as Business Architect, Global Lead
- 01/25 06:00 Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd. to Initiate Mass Production of ...
- 01/25 05:00 Best’s Market Segment Report: Reduction of Market Risk Crucial for J...
- 01/25 03:00 2ND STREET TAIWAN CO., LTD., to Open Second Store in Taiwan, 2ND Stree...
- 01/25 00:00 Takeda Named Global Top Employer for Fourth Consecutive Year
- 01/22 15:53 AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
- 01/22 14:00 Announcing Marketing Approval for Hunterase ICV Injection 15 mg, the W...
- 01/22 13:46 New Riveting Equipment Market Research 2021-2025 | Industry Impact Ana...
- 01/22 06:00 JEOL: Release of a New Cold Field Emission Cryo-Electron Microscope CR...
- 01/21 15:46 Japan Gaming Market Report 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
- 01/21 13:00 XClinical to Merge with Carenity and Fortress Medical Systems Forming ...
- 01/21 06:00 Shin-Etsu Chemical Develops Silicone Thermal Interface Materials for A...
- 01/20 13:00 Renesas Expands RF Portfolio to Cover Complete Signal Chain for Macro ...