HOME > Business Wire > Article
Toshiba Launches High Voltage, Low Current Consumption LDO Regulators that Help to Lower Equipment Stand-By Power
KAWASAKI, Japan--( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched the TCR1HF series of LDO regulators that deliver high voltages, a wide input voltage range, and the industry’s lowest stand-by current consumption. Shipment of the first three products in the new series, “ TCR1HF18B ,” “ TCR1HF33B ,” and “ TCR1HF50B ,” which offer output voltages of 1.8V, 3.3V, and 5.0V, respectively, starts today.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230522005276/en/
Toshiba: TCR1HF series, high voltage, low current consumption LDO regulators that help to lower equipment stand-by power. (Graphic: Business Wire)
To reduce the power consumption of an electronic product in a standby mode when using a power supply circuit with an LDO regulator, it is necessary the power supply is directly connected to the LDO regulator, and power consumption is reduced by turning off the internal circuit.
The new products support a wide input voltage range of 4V to 36V, which allows them to connect to the 4V to 20V power supply used for USB PD, and to 24V power supply.
They also feature a stand-by current consumption of 1uA (typ.), the lowest in the industry, allowing electronic equipment to maintain stand-by operation with very low power consumption. A fast load transient response of -60mV/+50mV (typ.) ensures they deliver stable output voltage during the sudden change in current when a product transitions from stand-by to an operating state.
A reference design “ Power multiplexer circuit ” using the new product is available.
Toshiba will continue to expand TCR1HF series line-up by adding products with different functions or output voltage values for diverse applications.
 Stand-by current comparison with LDO regulators with the same ratings. As of May 2023, Toshiba survey.
 USB PD(USB Power Delivery): A standard for fast charging that uses USB to provide power up to the highest of 100W.
- Consumer / Personal equipment (Mobile, Note-PC, Home Appliances, etc.)
- Industrial equipment
- Wide range input voltage: VIN=4V to 36V
- Low current consumption: IBON=1μA (typ.）
- Maximum output current rating: IOUT=150mA
- Fast load transient response: ⊿VOUT= -60mV/+50mV (typ.) (IOUT = 0 mA ⇔ 10 mA)
- General-purpose package SOT-25 (SMV)
Size typ. (mm)
2.8 x 2.9, t=1.1
Input voltage VIN (V)
4 to 36
Operation temperature Topr (°C)
-40 to 125
Output voltage VOUT typ. (V)
Output voltage accuracy VOUT (%)
Quiescent current IBON typ. (μA)
Stand-by current IB(OFF1) typ. (μA)
Load transient response
Thermal shutdown threshold TSDH (°C)
Follow the links below for more on the new products.
Follow the link below for more on the reference design using the new product.
Power multiplexer circuit
To check availability of the new products at online distributors, please visit:
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
About Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, a leading supplier of advanced semiconductor and storage solutions, draws on over half a century of experience and innovation to offer customers and business partners outstanding discrete semiconductors, system LSIs and HDD products.
The company's 21,500 employees around the world share a determination to maximize product value, and promote close collaboration with customers in the co-creation of value and new markets. With annual sales approaching 800-billion yen (US$6.1 billion), Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation looks forward to building and to contributing to a better future for people everywhere.
Find out more at https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/top.html
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230522005276/en/
Small Signal Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
Digital Marketing Department
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Source: Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
- 06/08 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Achieves World’s First Wideband Operation of 4G,...
- 06/08 02:00 Macnica provides motor-specific predictive maintenance services in Asi...
- 06/07 08:13 Japan Post Insurance, KKR and Global Atlantic to Form Strategic Partne...
- 06/07 07:00 Capcom: Street Fighter 6 Sells Over 1 Million Units Worldwide!
- 06/07 02:00 Cellusion raises 2.83 Billion Yen (21 Million USD) in Series C Round
- 06/07 00:06 Skydio Secures Nationwide BVLOS Approval for Remote Drone Operations I...
- 06/06 14:45 Uchiyama International: Fujitec Co., Ltd. AGM – Your Vote Is Importa...
- 06/06 12:00 LUNAR Phase 3 Clinical Trial Demonstrates Statistically Significant an...
- 06/06 10:00 Dialog Axiata Extends its Partnership with Netcracker for BSS Capabili...
- 06/06 07:00 Intelsat To Deliver 2Ku Connectivity Upgrade to Japan Airlines
- 06/06 05:30 Transgene and NEC Present New Data on TG4050, an Individualized Cancer...
- 06/05 16:12 MEDiC Life Sciences Announces Collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb ...
- 06/05 13:00 INJECTAFER® Approved in the U.S. for the Treatment of Iron Deficiency...
- 06/05 13:00 PowerVia Test Shows Industry-Leading Performance
- 06/05 12:05 Datopotamab Deruxtecan Combinations Showed Encouraging Tumor Responses...
- 06/05 12:00 ENHERTU® Demonstrated Clinically Meaningful and Durable Responses in ...
- 06/05 11:45 Brown-Forman Announces Distribution Change in Japan In 2024
- 06/05 11:04 AGC Biologics Introduces AGCellerate, Offering Fast Timelines, Fixed P...
- 06/05 06:30 Nidec and Renesas Collaborate on Semiconductor Solutions for Next-Gene...
- 06/02 17:30 Techpoint Announces Second Installment of Dividend
- 06/02 13:00 Signing of Exclusive Distributorship Agreement With EVERZOM
- 06/02 07:30 Renesas Completes Acquisition of Panthronics
- 06/02 06:38 Nidec announces interim dividends and the Company's share repurchase f...
- 06/02 02:10 ICONICS, Inc. to Wholly Acquire ICONICS UK, Ltd.
- 06/01 12:07 NTT Demonstrates ‘World’s First’ Breakthroughs in Human Informat...
- 06/01 10:29 DIC Corporation Acquires Photoresist Polymers Manufacturer PCAS Canada
- 06/01 08:00 FPT Software Earns Double Wins at IT World Awards
- 06/01 06:30 Nidec Announces the Status of Own Share Repurchase
- 06/01 06:00 Kioxia Commences Operation of Two New R&D Facilities
- 06/01 05:00 Axelspace Announces New Management Structure