HOME > Business Wire > Article
Mitsubishi Electric Receives Order for Taiwan's First STATCOM for Power Stabilization
Will help to control and stabilize diversifying power grid and support adoption of renewable energy
TOKYO--( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that its Taipei-based affiliate Shihlin Electric & Engineering Corporation has received an order from Taiwan Power Company for Taiwan's first static synchronous compensator (STATCOM) for power grid stabilization. STATCOMs are devices that control and stabilize voltage in power systems by instantly providing reactive power. The STATCOM from Mitsubishi Electric will be delivered to the Nanke Substation in Tainan and installed in a substation designed to blend in with its surrounding landscape and community.
With a rated capacity of ±200 megavolt-amperes (MVA), Mitsubishi Electric's system will contribute to the stable operation of the Tainan Science Park, where a number of factories produce semiconductors and display monitors. Delivery is scheduled for the first half of 2025 and the system is expected to begin operating in the first half of 2026.
Taiwan Power highly evaluated Mitsubishi Electric's extra-reliable, high-performance insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) integrated with the STATCOM, as well as Shihlin Electric's experience in delivering and constructing substations, which led the utility to place Taiwan's first order for a STATCOM.
Suppresses power fluctuations caused by the increasing use of renewable energy in power grids
The STATCOM's top-class ±200MVA capacity supports power-oscillation damping and grid voltage stability by immediately producing reactive power to restore the system if a failure occurs.
For the full text, please visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230525005348/en/
Transmission & Distribution Systems Marketing Div
Energy & Industrial Systems Group
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Public Relations Division
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Source: Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 06/08 02:10 Mitsubishi Electric Achieves World’s First Wideband Operation of 4G,...
- 06/08 02:00 Macnica provides motor-specific predictive maintenance services in Asi...
- 06/07 08:13 Japan Post Insurance, KKR and Global Atlantic to Form Strategic Partne...
- 06/07 07:00 Capcom: Street Fighter 6 Sells Over 1 Million Units Worldwide!
- 06/07 02:00 Cellusion raises 2.83 Billion Yen (21 Million USD) in Series C Round
- 06/07 00:06 Skydio Secures Nationwide BVLOS Approval for Remote Drone Operations I...
- 06/06 14:45 Uchiyama International: Fujitec Co., Ltd. AGM – Your Vote Is Importa...
- 06/06 12:00 LUNAR Phase 3 Clinical Trial Demonstrates Statistically Significant an...
- 06/06 10:00 Dialog Axiata Extends its Partnership with Netcracker for BSS Capabili...
- 06/06 07:00 Intelsat To Deliver 2Ku Connectivity Upgrade to Japan Airlines
- 06/06 05:30 Transgene and NEC Present New Data on TG4050, an Individualized Cancer...
- 06/05 16:12 MEDiC Life Sciences Announces Collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb ...
- 06/05 13:00 INJECTAFER® Approved in the U.S. for the Treatment of Iron Deficiency...
- 06/05 13:00 PowerVia Test Shows Industry-Leading Performance
- 06/05 12:05 Datopotamab Deruxtecan Combinations Showed Encouraging Tumor Responses...
- 06/05 12:00 ENHERTU® Demonstrated Clinically Meaningful and Durable Responses in ...
- 06/05 11:45 Brown-Forman Announces Distribution Change in Japan In 2024
- 06/05 11:04 AGC Biologics Introduces AGCellerate, Offering Fast Timelines, Fixed P...
- 06/05 06:30 Nidec and Renesas Collaborate on Semiconductor Solutions for Next-Gene...
- 06/02 17:30 Techpoint Announces Second Installment of Dividend
- 06/02 13:00 Signing of Exclusive Distributorship Agreement With EVERZOM
- 06/02 07:30 Renesas Completes Acquisition of Panthronics
- 06/02 06:38 Nidec announces interim dividends and the Company's share repurchase f...
- 06/02 02:10 ICONICS, Inc. to Wholly Acquire ICONICS UK, Ltd.
- 06/01 12:07 NTT Demonstrates ‘World’s First’ Breakthroughs in Human Informat...
- 06/01 10:29 DIC Corporation Acquires Photoresist Polymers Manufacturer PCAS Canada
- 06/01 08:00 FPT Software Earns Double Wins at IT World Awards
- 06/01 06:30 Nidec Announces the Status of Own Share Repurchase
- 06/01 06:00 Kioxia Commences Operation of Two New R&D Facilities
- 06/01 05:00 Axelspace Announces New Management Structure