Aug. 31, 2014
Tokyo, Aug. 30 (Jiji Press)--Media reports that Sanrio Co.'s <8136> popular character Hello Kitty is "not a cat" have swirled across the globe, following a U.S. newspaper story.
Tokyo, Aug. 30 (Jiji Press)--Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is examining the idea of naming former Parliamentary Senior Vice Defense Minister Akinori Eto as minister for security legislation, a post to be created in a cabinet shakeup Wednesday, informed sources said Saturday.
- Indian Prime Min. Modi Voices Willingness to Strengthen Security Ties with Japan
- Japan Govt, Ruling Parties Look at Doubling Size-Based Corporate Tax
- Japan Panel Proposes Ambassador for Sports ahead of 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
- 5,000 Join Central Tokyo Quake Drill Assuming Temblor Directly Hitting Capital
- World Media Rush to Report "Hello Kitty Is Not A Cat"
- Abe Seen Naming Eto as Security Legislation Minister
- Tohoku Revival Festival Starts in Paris
- Disaster-Hit Japanese Brewer to Sell Sake of Hope in U.S.
- TPP Top Negotiators to Meet in Hanoi for 10-Day Talks
- Nintendo to Launch New 3DS Models in Oct.
- Novartis Fails to Report Over 2,500 Cases of Serious Side Effects
- U.S. Judge Nixes Takeda's Appeal against Damages over Diabetes Drug
- Mori Trust Buys Meguro Gajoen Wedding Hall
- Nippon Express to Raise Freight Rates
（例文） Japan's Diet enacted a bill to delete the Civil Code article that discriminates against the inheritance rights of out-of-wedlock children.
AFP-JIJI PRESS NEWS JOURNAL
|#IceBucketChallenge-- Twitter mocks Hollande's rain-drenched speech|
|DNA shows Arctic group's isolation lasted 4,000 years|
|Why your favourite song takes you down memory lane|
|Danish student's exam jitters prompt police manhunt|
|Google tests using drones to deliver goods|
|Indian elephant gets her own art exhibition|
|Woman tells of alleged assault by Malaysia Airlines steward|
|Figure skating medal sweep no fluke, says Japan Olympic champ|
|Indian woman kills leopard with sickle|