Nov. 01, 2014
Nagasaki, Oct. 31 (Jiji Press)--Former Nagasaki Mayor Hitoshi Motoshima, who survived being shot by a right-wing extremist in 1990, died of pneumonia on Friday. He was 92.
Tokyo, Oct. 31 (Jiji Press)--The Japanese government and the ruling coalition are now considering taking economic stimulus steps in two stages, following the Bank of Japan's decision Friday to loosen its monetary policy further, informed sources said the same day.
- N. Korea Acknowledges Past Probe into Japanese Abductees Had Been Insufficient
- Japan Govt, Ruling Coalition Considering Taking Stimulus Measures in 2 Stages
- Soccer: Neymar to Be Called Up for Brazil's 2016 Olympic Team: Coach Gallo
- Japan Regulator to Start Work to Draw Up Report on Safety of Takahama N-Reactors
- Ex-Nagasaki Mayor Motoshima Dies, After Surviving Gunshot in 1990
- Japan Govt Eyes 2-Part Economic Stimulus
- N. Korea Acknowledges Past Abduction Probes as Insufficient
- Gender Gap in Japan Labor Market Still Significant: OECD
- Tokyo Policemen Sent to Ogasawara Under Chinese Poaching Threats
- TEPCO, 7 Other Power Utilities Log Profits in April-Sept.
- Sony Logs April-Sept. Loss on Ailing Smartphone Biz
- 3 Aeon-Affiliated Supermarkets to Set Up Holding Company
- NTT Docomo Announces Fixed-Line, Mobile Discount Plan
- Sumitomo President to Take Pay Cut over Loss
（例文） As Haneda airport is relatively close to central Tokyo, its new arrival and departure slots promise to be lucrative for airlines.
AFP-JIJI PRESS NEWS JOURNAL
|Poll finds some Anglican priests do not believe in God|
|African funeral rites are 'superspreaders' of Ebola-- study|
|Fewer Chinese couples want second child than expected-- media|
|Genetics could influence whether Ebola will kill-- study|
|Asian fungus kills European salamanders, could spread|
|French village bans clowns for Halloween after terror wave|
|Can you drink too much milk? Study raises questions|
|Five-year-olds learn coding as Britain eyes digital future|
|British 'Naked Rambler' case doesn't stand up in court|