May 20, 2013
Tokyo, May 20 (Jiji Press)--The ruling Liberal Democratic Party and its New Komeito ally lost the latest mayoral election in Saitama, ahead of this summer's House of Councillors election, a key national poll in which the ruling coalition aims to win a majority in the opposition-controlled upper chamber of the Diet.
- Public Approval of US President Obama Steady at 53% despite Scandals: CNN
- Nikkei Stock Average Tops 15,300 for 1st Time in Nearly 65 Months
- Men's Golf: S. Korea's Bae Wins Byron Nelson Championship, 1st PGA Tour Title
- Russian Film Director Balabanov, Known for 1997 Movie "Brother," Dies at 54
- Japan Ruling Bloc Loses in Saitama Mayoral Election
- Japan MSDF Ships to Visit Myanmar for 1st Time in Oct.
- Foreign Submarine Sails Underwater in Japan Contiguous Zone
- (Update) Your Party to End Election Cooperation with Nippon Ishin
- Hashimoto Says Not to Withdraw Comfort Women Remarks
- Toyota to Boost Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Up to 22 M. Yahoo Japan User IDs May Have Leaked
- Toshiba Launches New Power Transformer Plant in Brazil
- Mitsui, Mitsubishi to Join LNG Export Biz in U.S.
- Japanese Firm to Build Wind-Tidal Power Generation Plant
（例文） The struggling bank was in desperate need of emergency funding to stave off imminent bankruptcy.