Japan LDP Marks 60 Yrs since Establishment
Tokyo, Nov. 29 (Jiji Press)--Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party on Sunday held a ceremony to mark 60 years since its establishment in November 1955.
"We'll continue to be a responsible party that walks side by side with the people, carries out resolutely what must be done and work out conclusions," said Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, the party's 25th president.
Abe called for unity so that the party can achieve victory in the House of Councillors election in summer next year.
"Sixty years ago, we created our party for a great cause, that is, for the reconstruction of Japan," he said, stressing Japan has achieved economic growth and built the foundation of its security policy with the LDP in power.
Since his comeback as prime minister in 2012, the economy has recovered, Abe said, expressing his hope to spread the positive cycle of economic growth throughout the country.
- 11/29 18:43 Japan LDP Marks 60 Yrs since Establishment
- 11/29 17:31 Japan, China, S. Korea to Work Closely to Fight Infectious Diseases
- 11/29 11:30 Japan Eager to Build Ties with Myanmar's Incoming Govt
- 11/29 10:00 Real Estate Loans Surging in Japan
- 11/28 21:18 Majority of Japanese Tolerate Same-Sex Romantic Feelings
- 11/28 17:40 Leaders to Gather in Paris Mon. for Climate Talks
- 11/28 16:33 Okinawa Stresses Legitimacy of Landfill Revocation
- 11/28 16:10 Japan Eyes Greater Govt Role in Nuclear Fuel Recycling
- 11/28 13:44 Brazil President Cancels Visit to Japan amid Budget Talks
- 11/27 23:59 Piling Scandal Now Engulfs 7 Firms in Japan: Industry Group
- 11/27 23:16 Japan to Keep Taxes on Beer, Quasi-Beer Unchanged
- 11/27 22:16 NRA Confirms Active Faults near Higashidori N-Reactor
- 11/27 19:16 Japan 2014 Political Revenues, Spending Fall
- 11/27 18:52 (Update) High Court Overturns Guilty Ruling for Ex-Aum Member Kikuchi
- 11/27 17:55 High Court Overturns Guilty Ruling for Ex-Aum Member Kikuchi
- 11/27 16:09 Japan FY 2015 Extra Budget to Include Elderly Benefits
- 11/27 15:40 Japanese Making Living Mainly as Farmers Fall below 2 M.
- 11/27 15:29 Japan to Step Up Antiterror Efforts for Tokyo Olympics
- 11/27 11:21 Record 453,000 People with Disabilities Working for Firms in Japan
- 11/27 08:38 Japan Household Spending Down 2.4 Pct in Oct.
- 11/27 08:36 Japan Core Consumer Prices Down 0.1 Pct in Oct.
- 11/27 08:34 Japan Oct. Jobless Rate Falls to 3.1 Pct
- 11/26 23:25 Japan to Effectively Ban Production of Fluorescent, Incandescent Lamps
- 11/26 21:58 Japan to Make More Goods Consumption Tax-Free for Foreign Tourists
- 11/26 21:52 Japan to Resume Research Whaling by Year-End at Earliest
- 11/26 20:59 Japan Draws Up Emergency Measures to Create Abe-Envisaged Dynamic Society
- 11/26 14:59 Japan to Up Climate Aid for Developing Nations to 1.3 T. Yen
- 11/26 14:11 Japan to OK 70 Pct of Local Govt-Proposed Deregulation Steps
- 11/26 13:47 Keidanren to Urge Firms to Adopt Bigger Wage Hike
- 11/26 09:24 (Update 2) Activist Investor Murakami under Probe for Market Manipulation
- 11/26 04:00 Fish Can Recognize Faces: Osaka City Univ. Team
- 11/26 00:48 Legendary Japanese Actress Setsuko Hara Dies at 95
- 11/25 23:55 (Update) Japan Top Court Rules 2014 Lower House Poll in Unconstitutional State
- 11/25 23:22 Japan Govt Eyes 3-T.-Yen Extra Budget
- 11/25 22:25 Japan Land Ministry Unveils Guidelines for Piling Checks
- 11/25 22:23 Phased Expansion of Lower-Tax Coverage Emerges in LDP-Komeito Talks
- 11/25 20:12 Japan to Deploy 500 GSDF Troops on Ishigaki Island
- 11/25 19:21 (Update 2) Japan Adopts TPP Policy Outline for Support to Farmers, Small Biz
- 11/25 18:45 Jiji Press Opens Dedicated AKB48 Website
- 11/25 18:44 (Update) Japan Adopts TPP Policy Outline for Support to Farmers, Small Biz
- 11/25 13:59 LDP, Komeito Remain Apart over Consumption Tax Relief
- 11/25 13:12 Japan Lowers Sakurajima Volcanic Alert to Level 2
- 11/25 11:19 Workers in Japan Projected to Decrease 7.9 M. by 2030
- 11/25 10:51 Japan Stays Bottom in Public Spending on Education for 6th Yr: OECD
- 11/25 08:59 Japan Oct. Services Producer Prices Up 0.5 Pct
- 11/25 00:34 (Update) Japan Launches 1st Commercial Satellite
- 11/24 23:39 Abe Eyes Boosting Minimum Hourly Wage to 1,000 Yen
- 11/24 19:14 Asahi Kasei Unit's Piling Data Fraud Expands to 360 Cases
- 11/24 17:32 A-Bomb Dome Debris Recovered from Hiroshima River
- 11/24 13:36 Panel Seeks to Curb Japan's Social Security Cost Rise below 500 B. Yen
- 11/24 13:36 Students Complain of "Owahara" at 60 Pct of Universities
- 11/24 13:31 (Update 2) Pilot Performance Causes Osprey Crash in Hawaii: Report
- 11/24 11:32 (Update) Pilot Performance Causes Osprey Crash in Hawaii: Report
- 11/24 10:30 Japanese Firms, Local Govts Join Hands to Promote Telework
- 11/24 09:37 Pilot Performance Causes Osprey Crash in Hawaii: Report