Evacuation Advisory Lifted for Part of Kawauchi Village
Kawauchi, Fukushima Pref., Oct. 1 (Jiji Press)--The Japanese government lifted its evacuation advisory Wednesday for the eastern part of Kawauchi, located within 20 kilometers of Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s <9501> disaster-stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.
The eastern Kawauchi area became the second place to see the advisory lifted in the former no-go zone set up in Fukushima Prefecture in the wake of the nuclear accident at the TEPCO power plant triggered by the 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. The advisory for the Miyakoji district of the city of Tamura in the same northeastern Japan prefecture was removed in April.
At the same time, the restricted residential area in Kawauchi was realigned into a zone preparing for the lifting of the evacuation advisory.
The advisory lifting affects 275 residents from 139 families and the zone realignment 54 residents from 18 families, according to data as of June 1.
Meanwhile, only those who have been temporarily living in their own houses under a long-stay program for the preparation zone are expected to make a swift return. The number of such people totaled 48, from 22 families, as of Thursday. The other residents would refrain from coming back home soon, partly because living conditions have yet to be restored.
- 10/01 00:17 Evacuation Advisory Lifted for Part of Kawauchi Village
- 09/30 22:47 Japan Officials Asked to Visit Pyongyang to Discuss Abduction Probe
- 09/30 22:11 Japan to Ban Eating Raw Wildlife Meat
- 09/30 20:31 Japan Mulls Action Plans for Employment of Women
- 09/30 20:07 Fear of New Eruptions at Mt. Ontake Hampers Search, Rescue
- 09/30 18:24 Revenue from Tax Hike to Be Spent on Social Security: Abe
- 09/30 17:40 NTT Docomo to Launch Smart Fitness Service in Dec.
- 09/30 09:00 Japan Aug. Industrial Output Down 1.5 Pct
- 09/30 08:43 Japan Aug. Jobless Rate Falls to 3.5 Pct
- 09/30 08:35 Japan Aug. Household Spending Down 4.7 Pct
- 09/29 22:55 (Update) No Schedule Set for N. Korea Abduction Probe Reporting
- 09/29 22:23 TEPCO Facing Further Delay in Cleaning Tainted Water
- 09/29 21:36 Japan Govt, Labor, Business Discuss Wage System Review
- 09/29 21:07 (Update) Death Toll from Mt. Ontake Eruptions Reaches 12
- 09/29 18:59 Another Source of Dengue Fever Suspected in Japan
- 09/29 18:25 Death Toll from Mt. Ontake Eruptions Reaches 10
- 09/29 17:32 JAEA Mulls Scrapping Tokai N-Fuel Recycling Facilities
- 09/29 14:52 Abe Vows to Carry Out Bold Steps for Local Revitalization
- 09/29 02:45 (Update 2) 4 Climbers Killed, 27 in Cardiopulmonary Arrest in Mt. Ontake Eruption
- 09/29 02:19 Mt. Ontake Eruptions as Powerful as 1979 Blasts: Experts
- 09/28 19:02 31 Climbers in Cardiopulmonary Arrest in Mt. Ontake Eruption
- 09/28 16:43 Takako Doi, Japan's 1st Female Lower House Speaker, Dies
- 09/28 01:22 (Update 3) 10 Seriously Injured in Volcano Eruption in Japan
- 09/27 19:56 Japan to Focus on Regional Economies in Diet Session
- 09/27 18:39 Device Can Collect 500 Mosquitos in 3 Hours
- 09/27 15:55 Japan, U.S. to Draw Up Interim Report on Defense Guideline Update
- 09/27 13:41 Osaka Holds Seminar in St. Petersburg
- 09/27 00:10 MSDF Denies Intentional Cover-Up over Suicide Case
- 09/26 22:46 (Update) Benesse's Data Safety Measures Not Enough: Govt
- 09/26 20:29 China Positive about Lawmaker Exchanges with Japan
- 09/26 20:04 Japanese Political Parties' Spending Up 16.8 Pct in 2013
- 09/26 18:37 Japan TPP Minister Slams U.S. for Lack of Flexibility
- 09/26 17:00 Share Buybacks by Japan Firms Seen Hitting High in April-Sept.
- 09/26 16:46 Benesse Urged to Take Corrective Steps over Data Leakage
- 09/26 16:10 Dengue Infection Reported in Another Tokyo Park
- 09/26 13:22 G-7 Supports Efforts to Defeat Islamic State Militants
- 09/26 13:17 Japan, S. Korea Agree to Continue Dialogue
- 09/26 12:34 Abe Seeks N. Korea's Early Report on Abductions
- 09/26 11:10 Osaka, St. Petersburg Mark 35th Anniv. of Sister City Ties
- 09/26 09:25 Japan to Cooperate with Iraq to Stabilize Middle East: Abe
- 09/26 08:43 Japan Consumer Prices Up 3.1 Pct in Aug.
- 09/26 07:34 Japan's Abe Pledges 40-M.-Dlr Aid to Fight Ebola
- 09/26 07:30 Japan to Provide 50 M. Dlrs to Help Stabilize Middle East
- 09/25 23:49 Japan, 3 Others Call for U.N. Security Council Reform
- 09/25 23:05 More Students Leaving College due to Lack of Money
- 09/25 21:18 New Komeito Changes Name Back to Komeito
- 09/25 19:26 New Rice Prices Down Sharply in Japan
- 09/25 19:02 Japan Cracks Down on Illegal Video Uploads
- 09/25 18:29 Japan Pump Price Down for 10th Straight Week
- 09/25 17:38 Japan, U.S., Britain Back Moderate Syrian Opposition
- 09/25 17:19 Cause of Boeing 787 Battery Glitch in 2013 Still Unclear
- 09/25 16:42 Japan, S. Korea Foreign Ministers to Meet in N.Y.
- 09/25 16:20 Japan, N. Korea to Hold Talks on Abductions Mon.
- 09/25 16:18 Guam Man Gets Life Term for Killing 3 Japanese in Rampage
- 09/25 14:59 Japan-U.S. Ministerial TPP Talks End in Failure
- 09/25 14:02 Police Search Kobe Man's Home over Death of Girl
- 09/25 13:04 Japan Child Abuse Cases Rise to Worst-Ever Level in Jan.-June
- 09/25 10:07 France Welcomes Japan's Fresh Sanctions against Russia
- 09/25 09:00 Japan Aug. Services Producer Prices Up 3.5 Pct