(Update) S. Korea, China Agree to Hold 3-Way Summit including Japan
Beijing, Sept. 2 (Jiji Press)--South Korean President Park Geun-hye and Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed Wednesday to hold a three-way summit also including Japan some two months later.
According to the South Korean presidential office's announcement, the two leaders concurred on a plan to hold the trilateral East Asian leaders' meeting in South Korea at convenient times, including late October and early November.
The three-way summit has not been held since May 2012, due chiefly to deteriorated relations between Japan and China.
Though Xi attached the condition of "convenient times," his agreement to have the meeting with Park and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in a specific time frame is a big positive development toward realizing the next summit, which has been awaited by Japan and South Korea, people familiar with the matter said.
Tokyo sees the three-way meeting as an opportunity for Abe and Park to have their first official bilateral talks, they also pointed out.
- 09/02 22:36 (Update) S. Korea, China Agree to Hold 3-Way Summit including Japan
- 09/02 22:06 Japan Aims to Enact Security Bills as Early as Sept. 14
- 09/02 21:32 Ishin's Katayama to Join Hashimoto's New Party
- 09/02 21:08 Japan SDF Chief Found to Have Assured U.S. of Security Bills' Passage in Summer
- 09/02 21:05 Sumo Stablemaster Arrested for Assaulting Assistant
- 09/02 21:03 (Update) DPJ Eyeing No-Confidence Motion against Abe Cabinet
- 09/02 20:16 Tokyo Olympic C'ttee to Ease Entry Rules for New Emblems
- 09/02 17:52 INTERVIEW: Experts Urge G-20 to Address Market Instability
- 09/02 16:58 Japan's Police Hold Emergency Meeting after Yamaguchi-gumi Split
- 09/02 16:05 Nuclear Disaster Drill to Be Held at Ikata Power Plant in Nov.
- 09/02 08:12 FOCUS: Olympic Emblem Fiasco Seen Hitting Japan Govt
- 09/01 22:52 (Update 2) Tokyo Stops Using Olympic, Paralympic Emblems
- 09/01 22:16 Japan Solicits Plans for National Stadium Anew
- 09/01 21:45 G-20 to Focus on China Economy, Stock Sell-Offs
- 09/01 21:42 Japan, Turkey to Hold EPA Talks in Tokyo from Mon.
- 09/01 21:23 (Update) S. Korea Demands Removal of Sankei Column
- 09/01 20:53 Ex-Fukushima N-Plant Worker Sues TEPCO over Cancer
- 09/01 20:44 Govt, LDP Not to Modify Security Bills amid Ishin's De Facto Split
- 09/01 20:30 (Update) Tokyo Stops Using Olympic Emblem
- 09/01 20:30 Russian Farm Minister Visits Disputed Island off Hokkaido
- 09/01 20:28 (Update) Japan Lowers Sakurajima Volcanic Alert to Level 3
- 09/01 18:53 Japan Launches Power Retail Market Watchdog
- 09/01 18:47 AKB48 Managing Firm Fails to Declare over 400 M. Yen in Taxable Income
- 09/01 17:52 Volcanic Alert for Sakurajima Lowered to Level 3
- 09/01 17:52 4 Die as Fishing Boats Capsize off Tsushima in Nagasaki Pref.
- 09/01 17:40 S. Korea to Demand Removal of Sankei Column
- 09/01 16:19 Memorial Park for Hanaoka Incident Opens in Tianjin
- 09/01 16:18 Abe Clarifies Intention to Seek Reelection as LDP Leader
- 09/01 14:30 Japan Govt Holds Annual Tokyo Quake Drill
- 09/01 12:43 Indonesia Delays Selection of Winner of Train Project
- 09/01 11:59 Assumption of Safety behind Fukushima Accident: IAEA Final Report
- 08/31 23:08 (Update) Evacuees Start Long-Term Stays at Home in 3 Fukushima Municipalities
- 08/31 22:59 Russia Should Accelerate Kuril Development: Medvedev
- 08/31 22:26 Russia Sets Free Japan Fishing Boat, All Crewmen
- 08/31 21:45 Tokyo Police to Use Segway for Haneda Airport Security
- 08/31 21:04 Evacuees from 3 Fukushima Municipalities Start Long-Term Stays at Home
- 08/31 20:17 (Update) Japan Govt FY 2016 Budget Requests Hit Record 102.4 T. Yen
- 08/31 18:21 Retirement Pay System for Osaka Governor to Be Abolished
- 08/31 18:05 Japan, Others Seeking TPP Ministerial Meeting in Late Sept.
- 08/31 16:59 (Update) DPJ, Ishin to Cooperate, Eyeing Possible Merger
- 08/31 15:31 Japan Govt Vows Efforts to Correct Misunderstandings of Security Bills
- 08/31 08:56 Japan July Industrial Output Down 0.6 Pct
- 08/30 19:47 Hashimoto to Form New Party in October
- 08/30 17:06 Japan to Launch Power Retail Market Watchdog Tues.
- 08/30 15:55 S. Korea Military to Join SDF Fleet Review in October
- 08/30 10:30 Victims of Child Sexual Abuse No Longer Bottled Up
- 08/29 21:58 (Update) Suga, Onaga Remain Apart in 2nd Talks over Okinawa Base Relocation
- 08/29 21:48 Japan to Set Guidelines for Farm Drone Use
- 08/29 20:49 Unusually Frequent JR Cable Fires Raise Serial Arson Suspicion
- 08/29 19:46 Evening Hours Most Dangerous for Elderly Pedestrians, Bikers: Study
- 08/29 19:08 Hashimoto Eyes New Party Launch by Dec.
- 08/29 17:46 Sendai No. 1 Reactor's Output Reaches Full Capacity
- 08/29 17:11 U.S. Pres. Candidate Backs Japan's Sovereignty over Senkakus
- 08/29 16:02 Hashimoto to Create New National Party, Making Ishin Split Unavoidable
- 08/29 11:00 Presence of Descendants of Japanese Immigrants Rising in Paraguay
- 08/28 23:17 FOCUS: LDP Factions Racing for Party, Cabinet Posts
- 08/28 20:22 Japan Govt Body Requests Corporate Version of Hometown Tax
- 08/28 18:39 Documents Backing Japan's Island Claims Released Online
- 08/28 18:02 Japan to Shore Up Support to Single-Parent Households
- 08/28 17:42 Japan Sets Olympic Stadium Cost Cap at 155 B. Yen
- 08/28 17:07 Japan's Abe Pledges 42-B.-Yen ODA to Education for Women
- 08/28 15:26 Drastic Agricultural Co-op Reform Enacted in Japan
- 08/28 13:40 Russia Continuing Normal Dialogue with Japan: Spokeswoman
- 08/28 10:30 70 Years On: Oh, Revered Home Run King, Not All about Statistical Records
- 08/28 08:42 Japan Core Consumer Prices Flat in July
- 08/28 08:39 Japan Household Spending Down 0.2 Pct in July
- 08/28 08:37 Japan July Jobless Rate Falls to 3.3 Pct