Japan Consumer Prices Up 3.0 Pct in Sept.
Tokyo, Oct. 31 (Jiji Press)--Japan's core consumer price index rose 3.0 pct from a year earlier in September, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications said Friday.
The core CPI, which excludes often-volatile fresh food prices, stood at 103.5 against 100 for the base year of 2010.
The growth matched the median forecast among 24 economic research institutes surveyed by Jiji Press.
Month on month, the index was unchanged.
For Tokyo's densely populated 23 wards, the core CPI stood at 102.2 in October, up 2.5 pct from a year before.
- 10/31 08:46 Japan Consumer Prices Up 3.0 Pct in Sept.
- 10/31 08:41 Japan Household Spending Down 5.6 Pct in Sept.
- 10/31 08:38 Japan Sept. Jobless Rate Rises to 3.6 Pct
- 10/30 23:42 N. Korea Vows to Deepen Abduction Probe: Abe
- 10/30 22:33 TEPCO to Put Off Fukushima Reactor Dismantling
- 10/30 19:49 Pressure Mounting on Scandal-Hit Obuchi to Resign as Lawmaker
- 10/30 19:27 Farming Control Body Set Up for Endangered Japanese Eel
- 10/30 17:57 Japan's Ruling Bloc Eyeing New Tax Relief for Pay Hike
- 10/30 17:05 Abe Calls for Obuchi to Explain Political Fund Irregularities
- 10/30 16:37 Prosecutors Raid House of Obuchi Ex-Secretary over Fund Scandal
- 10/30 14:26 Okayama Assembly Members Ordered to Submit All Receipts
- 10/30 13:01 Okinawa Governor Race Kicks Off with Futenma as Biggest Issue
- 10/30 12:45 Japan Govt Reiterates Futenma Base Relocation to Henoko
- 10/30 11:29 U.N. Panel Adopts Japan-Led Resolution on Nuclear Abolition
- 10/30 07:57 (Update 2) Ex-Japan Prem. Fukuda Meets with China's Xi
- 10/29 23:38 (Update 2) Japan, N. Korea End 2-Day Talks on Abduction Probe
- 10/29 22:38 Obuchi's Ex-Aide Questioned by Prosecutors over Scandal
- 10/29 19:36 (Update) Ex-Japan Prem. Fukuda Meets with China's Xi
- 10/29 19:04 (Update) Japan, N. Korea End 2-Day Talks on Abduction Probe
- 10/29 18:33 Japan Pump Price Falls to 7-Month Low
- 10/29 17:34 Ceremony for Dutch Royal Couple Held at Japan Imperial Palace
- 10/29 16:16 Japan to Give Local Govts Incentives to Curb Medical Costs
- 10/29 15:56 Support Group for DPJ Edano Fails to Report 2.4-M.-Yen Income
- 10/29 13:02 Abe Govt Fearing Possible Domino Resignations
- 10/29 09:11 Japan Sept. Industrial Output Up 2.7 Pct
- 10/28 23:22 Japan, N. Korea End 1st-Day Abduction Talks
- 10/28 23:14 2,860 Public Schools in Japan at Risk from Massive Tsunami
- 10/28 21:01 Japan Ambulances to Work in Ebola-Hit W. Africa
- 10/28 19:29 SIM Locks on Handsets to Be Removed in Japan Next Summer
- 10/28 18:49 Japan's Global ICT Market Share Falls to 10.8 pct
- 10/28 18:41 (Update) Host City OKs Restart of Sendai N-Plant Reactors
- 10/28 18:29 (Update) Abe Sees No Need for Industry Minister to Resign
- 10/28 16:34 Japan Demands N. Korea Prioritize Resolving Abduction Issue
- 10/28 16:11 Host City OKs Restart of Sendai N-Plant Reactors
- 10/28 13:44 (Update) Man Who Arrived in Japan with Fever Tests Negative for Ebola
- 10/28 13:36 (Update) Mochizuki Fails to Book 6.64 M. Yen in Funds Reports
- 10/28 12:23 Up to 90,400 May Die in Wakayama in Nankai Quake, Tsunami
- 10/28 07:24 Man Who Arrived in Japan with Fever Tests Negative for Ebola
- 10/27 23:57 Hashimoto's Osaka Integration Plans Voted Down
- 10/27 23:08 Man Being Tested for Ebola in Japan
- 10/27 21:37 Abe Eager for Talks with S. Korea Pres. Park
- 10/27 20:58 (Update) Japan Delegation to Push Pyongyang for Abduction Report
- 10/27 20:25 Project to Export Canada LNG to Japan Seen Greenlit This Year
- 10/27 19:17 Kurita to Buy Water, Other Biz in Europe from Israel Firm
- 10/27 16:50 Japan Industry Minister Receives Donations from Foreign-Owned Firm
- 10/27 16:49 Osaka Team Succeeds in Novel Heart Valve Surgery
- 10/27 13:00 Victims Mourned One Month after Mount Ontake Eruption
- 10/27 09:00 Japan Sept. Services Producer Prices Up 3.5 Pct
- 10/27 00:54 (Update 2) Uchibori Wins Fukushima Gubernatorial Race
- 10/26 23:48 Japanese Delegation Leaves for Pyongyang
- 10/26 23:16 Amari, Froman to Hold Bilateral TPP Talks Mon.
- 10/25 22:50 Japan, S. Korea Lawmakers Vow Efforts over Comfort Women Issue
- 10/25 22:12 Japan Govt to Provide Big Economic Data to Municipalities
- 10/25 21:19 9 Japan Prefs. Face Serious Obstetrician Shortages