Sony to Close Lithium-Ion Battery Base in Tochigi Pref.
Tokyo, July 23 (Jiji Press)--Sony Corp. <6758> plans to close its designing and development base for lithium-ion batteries in Shimotsuke in Tochigi Prefecture, eastern Japan, by the end of September, informed sources have said.
Sony plans to transfer some 40 engineers at the Tochigi plant to a plant in Koriyama in Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan, the sources said.
- 07/23 09:09 Sony to Close Lithium-Ion Battery Base in Tochigi Pref.
- 07/22 22:47 (Update) Chinese Food Scandal Spreads to Japan
- 07/22 19:38 Nippon Steel to Realign Railway Engineering Biz
- 07/22 19:06 INTERVIEW: Pola Orbis Eager to Acquire Foreign Brand
- 07/22 16:44 Japan Power Sales Down for 2nd Straight Month
- 07/22 15:25 Japan Post Insurance Starts to Sell Aflac Cancer Insurance
- 07/22 11:57 Hitachi Shows Full-Size Train Models in London
- 07/21 16:46 Major Japanese Convenience Store Chains Racing to Expand
- 07/20 12:10 Panasonic to Sell Mobile Phone Base Station Business
- 07/19 19:31 Ricoh Cancels Transfer Orders to 100 Indocile Workers
- 07/18 21:46 INTERVIEW: Japan Life Insurance Industry to Help Build Nurseries
- 07/18 19:55 Marubeni Seen Winning Railway Project in Australia
- 07/18 19:30 INTERVIEW: Tomy to Sell Toys at Convenience Stores
- 07/18 17:55 1st Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt Shop in Japan Opens
- 07/18 15:28 Fujitsu to Withdraw from Chip Production
- 07/17 18:36 Nissan to Put Self-Driving Car into Practical Use by 2016
- 07/17 17:50 Toshiba Receives Thermal Plant Order in Vietnam
- 07/17 17:45 Matsuya to Launch "Premium" Beef Dish
- 07/17 17:24 Tax Hike Impacts Limited on Japan Firms in March-May
- 07/17 16:25 Ymobile Announces 2,980-Yen Flat Rate for Smartphones
- 07/17 15:35 Benesse Chief Apologizes to Japan Govt over Info Leaks