Govt-Backed Fund Mulling Investing in Sharp
Osaka, Oct. 10 (Jiji Press)--Innovation Network Corp. of Japan, a fund set up by the Japanese government and the private sector, is considering investing in struggling electronics maker Sharp Corp. <6753> to support its business turnaround, it was learned Saturday.
Sharp announced a restructuring program in May, but it continues to fare poorly in its mainstay liquid crystal display business and is expected to log a group operating loss for the April-September period.
- 10/10 13:24 Govt-Backed Fund Mulling Investing in Sharp
- 10/09 21:14 (Update) Automakers to Vie on Green, Safety Tech at Tokyo Show
- 10/09 20:20 J. Front, Takashimaya Enjoy Growth in Sales, Profits
- 10/09 17:44 Japanese Convenience Stores Seen Opening in Vietnam, Malaysia
- 10/09 11:15 Japan Not to Set Power-Saving Targets This Winter for 2nd Yr
- 10/08 21:18 Uniqlo Operator Projects Record Annual Earnings
- 10/08 21:00 Aeon, Seven & i Enjoy Operating Profit Growth
- 10/08 20:26 Mitsubishi Motors to Unveil Self-Driving EV at Tokyo Show
- 10/08 20:03 McDonald's Japan Sales Slip Back in Sept.
- 10/08 18:52 Daiwa to Receive Securities Business License in Myanmar
- 10/08 18:19 Softbank to Start Cashless Medical Fee Payment System
- 10/08 16:04 McDonald's Japan Eyes Abolishing Lunchtime Discount
- 10/08 13:44 Toyota to Unveil S-FR Sports Car Prototype at Tokyo Motor Show
- 10/08 03:40 Renault Reportedly May Revamp Capital Ties with Nissan
- 10/07 22:52 TEPCO, Softbank to Offer Bundled Power, Mobile Services
- 10/07 16:12 Honda, Yamaha, BMW Look to Develop ITS Motorcycles
- 10/07 14:23 AirAsia Japan Gets Govt Approval, to Start Services in April
- 10/07 12:55 Fuji Heavy to Unveil 2 Concept Models at Tokyo Motor Show
- 10/06 23:25 Toyota Shows Off Self-Driving Car
- 10/06 16:48 Toyota's Aqua Tops Japan's New Auto Sales in April-Sept.
- 10/06 15:23 Volkswagen Slips to 2nd in Japan April-Sept. Imported Vehicle Sales
- 10/06 10:57 Court OKs Daiichi Chuo Kisen Rehabilitation Procedures
- 10/05 22:42 Nissan to Unveil Teatro for Dayz at Tokyo Motor Show
- 10/05 21:17 TEPCO Ties Up with Nippon Gas for Bundled Power, Gas Sales
- 10/05 21:10 Japan Megabanks Targeting Startups for "Fintech" Services