Novartis Fails to Report Over 2,500 Cases of Serious Side Effects
Tokyo, Aug. 29 (Jiji Press)--Novartis Pharma K.K. said Friday that it has failed to report to the Japanese health ministry at least 2,579 cases of serious side effects, including a fatal case, from its drugs for leukemia and other diseases although employees of the company were aware of the problem.
Of the total, 1,313 cases were related to Glivec and 514 cases to Tasigna, both drugs for leukemia treatment, and 261 cases involved Afinitor, a drug for cancer, said the Japanese unit Swiss drug giant Novartis AG.
- 08/30 03:43 Novartis Fails to Report Over 2,500 Cases of Serious Side Effects
- 08/30 02:55 U.S. Judge Nixes Takeda's Appeal against Damages over Diabetes Drug
- 08/29 18:21 Mori Trust Buys Meguro Gajoen Wedding Hall
- 08/29 17:58 Nippon Express to Raise Freight Rates
- 08/29 16:40 Takeda Denies Increased Bladder Cancer Risk from Actos
- 08/28 23:41 Tokyo Court Backs Honda over Taxation
- 08/28 22:16 JAL Says to Buy 32 Units of 1st Japanese-Made Small Passenger Jet
- 08/28 21:10 Japan's All Major Power, Gas Utilities to Cut Rates for Oct.
- 08/28 20:03 Japan Automakers' July Domestic Output Posts 1st Fall in 11 Months
- 08/28 19:34 Skylark to Go Public Again in Oct.
- 08/28 17:32 Hitachi, 3 U.S. Universities Launch Study on New N-Reactor
- 08/28 17:28 Sharp, Pioneer End Biz, Capital Alliance
- 08/28 17:13 Fuji Media Invests in Sky Perfect's Top Shareholder
- 08/28 17:09 New Datsun mi-DO Hatchback Unveiled in Moscow
- 08/28 13:11 Panasonic to Sell Back-Office Service Unit
- 08/28 12:46 JAL to Introduce 32 Mitsubishi Regional Jets
- 08/27 22:35 Major Japan Banks to Cut Housing Loan Rates to Record Lows
- 08/27 20:43 Sumitomo Mitsui Trust, Bank of Yokohama Eye Asset Management Firm
- 08/27 18:47 (Update) Japan Post, Japan Post Insurance to Sell Aflac Cancer Insurance
- 08/27 17:43 Japan FSA OKs Merger of 2 NKSJ Units
- 08/27 17:43 Japan Post, Japan Post Insurance to Sell Aflac Cancer Insurance
- 08/27 17:13 Denso Invests in Chinese Compressor Maker
- 08/27 16:56 Hewlett-Packard to Recall 290,000 AC Power Cords in Japan
- 08/27 15:42 Mitsubishi to Enter Beverage Biz in Indonesia
- 08/27 12:51 TEPCO Plans Cross-Border Power Sales to Yamada Denki
- 08/27 12:10 Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ to Cut 10-Year Fixed Home Loan Rate
- 08/27 08:49 Osaka Gas to Build 2 Hydrogen Stations: Pres.Ozaki
- 08/26 19:36 Daihatsu Releases Remodeled Mira Cocoa Minivehicle
- 08/26 18:50 Japan Construction Machinery Shipments Seen Up One Pct in FY 2015
- 08/26 15:07 Fujitsu Buys U.S. Defense Tech Firm
- 08/26 13:59 Japan White Goods Shipments Down 15.9 Pct in July
- 08/26 10:30 Japan Trust Banks Reinforcing Inheritance-Linked Services
- 08/25 19:45 Mitsubishi Paper, Hokuetsu Kishu to Merge Sales Arms
- 08/25 18:11 Mitsubishi Electric to Release 4K TVs on Oct. 30
- 08/25 17:51 Yoyogi Seminar to Abolish Nationwide Mock Exams
- 08/25 17:10 Japan Restaurant Sales Down 2.5 Pct in July
- 08/25 15:59 Cyberattack Hits Sony's Online Music, Game Network
- 08/25 14:49 S. Korea's T'way Air to Launch Flights to Oita in Sept.