INTERVIEW: Fuji Heavy May Relaunch Electric Vehicles in U.S.
New York, April 17 (Jiji Press)--Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. <7270> is studying a possibility of launching electric vehicles again in the United States in response to planned stricter environmental regulations, President Yasuyuki Yoshinaga has said.
The Japanese automaker sold a total of 200 minivehicle-based electric vehicles to corporate customers under a lease contract for about two years from 2009, but ended production later as there were no prospects of making a profit.
- 04/18 00:20 INTERVIEW: Fuji Heavy May Relaunch Electric Vehicles in U.S.
- 04/17 20:44 Sharp to Build Mega Solar Plant in Evacuation Advisory Area
- 04/17 17:23 Zensho to Spin Off "Sukiya" Operations
- 04/17 16:41 Karaoke Facility to Open at Convenience Store in Tokyo
- 04/17 16:16 Nippon Life Invests in Malaysian Bank Bonds
- 04/17 13:44 Sharp's Plasmacluster Sales Hit 50 M. Units at End of 2013
- 04/16 23:25 Suzuki to Introduce Simplified HV System
- 04/16 22:47 Toyota Unveils New Camry at N.Y. Show for World Premiere
- 04/16 22:43 Mt. Gox Faces Liquidation
- 04/16 21:00 Toshiba to Launch World's 1st 4K Laptop on April 25
- 04/16 19:06 Japan Post Unit Applies to Sell Aflac Cancer Insurance
- 04/16 18:52 NTT Develops Mike Tech to Pick Up Sounds 20 Meters Away
- 04/16 18:31 Mt. Gox Gives Up Plan to Rebuild: Report
- 04/16 16:26 Ikea Japan to Improve Working Conditions for Part-Timers
- 04/16 13:00 Nissan Opens New Production Complex in Brazil
- 04/16 12:11 Uniqlo Opens 1st Store in Australia
- 04/16 00:00 INTERVIEW: Kirin Beverage to Focus on High-Class Products
- 04/15 21:26 Sony to Launch New 4K TVs in Japan
- 04/15 20:04 Taiwan Authorities OK Tokyo Star Bank Acquisition Deal
- 04/15 18:31 Nissan Starts Electric Truck Test Run in Toyama
- 04/15 17:17 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Tops 50,000 Units in FY 2013
- 04/15 16:15 Japan March Machine Tool Orders Top 120 B. Yen
- 04/15 16:00 Suntory to Halt Sales of Plum Wine
- 04/15 14:25 NEXI to Give JFE Engineering Trade Insurance in Myanmar
- 04/15 13:09 Nikkei Begins to Print Newspapers in Hawaii
- 04/15 12:28 Fujitsu, Panasonic to Integrate LSI Operations in Autumn
- 04/15 00:00 INTERVIEW: Orix to Start Coal-Fired Thermal Power Generation
- 04/14 21:05 Aeon to Make Drug Store Operator Welcia Subsidiary
- 04/14 20:36 Japan Post, Isetan Mitsukoshi Form Mail-Order Firm
- 04/14 15:45 Office Rents Starting to Rise in Japan: Mitsubishi Estate Chief
- 04/12 19:11 Visitors to Tokyo Disney Parks Top 600 M.