2016 Japan Convenience Store Sales Up for 2nd Straight Year
Tokyo, Jan. 20 (Jiji Press)--Convenience store sales in Japan in 2016 increased 0.5 pct from the previous year to 9,632.8 billion yen on a same-store basis, up for the second consecutive year, an industry group said Friday.
The rise reflected brisk sales of prepared foods and "bento" boxed meals with an increasing number of single-person households and households in which both parents work, according to the Japan Franchise Association.
- 01/20 22:48 2016 Japan Convenience Store Sales Up for 2nd Straight Year
- 01/20 22:04 Start of MRJ Deliveries to Be Postponed to Mid-2020
- 01/20 20:16 Skymark to Reopen Kobe-Sendai Route on July 1
- 01/20 19:29 Fukuoka Financial, Eighteenth Bank Put Off Integration to Oct.
- 01/20 17:04 Kirin May Pull Plug on Beer Biz in Brazil
- 01/20 08:02 (Update 2) Toshiba Asks Banks to Invest in Semiconductor Biz
- 01/19 22:47 JAL to Reopen Haneda-N.Y. Route on April 1
- 01/19 21:38 (Update) Yamamoto Named New Dentsu President
- 01/19 18:07 Panasonic to Launch Service for Smart Coffee Roasting at Home
- 01/19 17:13 Yamamoto Named New Dentsu President
- 01/19 15:56 Shiseido Buys U.S. Beauty Startup
- 01/19 15:53 Konica Minolta Develops 3-D Tech for Safe Driving
- 01/19 14:11 Kawasaki Heavy to End Sponsorship of Trump-Linked TV Show
- 01/19 13:17 Toshiba's Loss from U.S. Nuclear Biz May Reach 700 B. Yen
- 01/19 08:51 Nissan Begins Vehicle Production in Myanmar
- 01/18 21:26 Trader Mitsui to Invest in Passenger Rail Biz in Britain
- 01/18 20:53 Toranomon Hills Biz Tower to Be Completed in Dec. 2019
- 01/18 19:06 Tobu Railway to Revive Taiju Steam Locomotive
- 01/18 18:37 Idemitsu to Set Up OLED Materials Firm in Switzerland
- 01/18 16:28 Bridgestone Unit to Acquire French Tire Retail Chain
- 01/18 12:01 Mizuho, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Mull Integrating Custody Biz
- 01/18 10:19 Toshiba Considering Accepting Capital Injection for Semiconductor Biz
- 01/17 18:28 Pollen Allergy Relief Goods for Kids Increasing in Japan
- 01/17 13:58 Takara Shuzo to Acquire Stake in Aussie Japanese Food Wholesaler
- 01/17 13:22 Japan Used Vehicle Sales Up 0.8 Pct in 2016
- 01/16 23:07 Toho Hits Record Nov.-March Profits on "Kimi no Na wa"
- 01/16 23:03 Mitsubishi UFJ to Set Up Branch in Saudi Arabia
- 01/16 22:21 Seibu Holdings to Relocate Head Office to Ikebukuro in 2019
- 01/16 15:18 Inpex to Extend Deal on 2 Abu Dhabi Oilfields
- 01/16 14:51 Japan Beer, Quasi-Beer Shipments Hit Record Low for 12th Year