Jan. 24, 2019
Tokyo, Jan. 23 (Jiji Press)--Nissin Food Products Co. will stop using its anime-style video ad featuring tennis player Naomi Osaka, after drawing criticism that the color of her skin in the video is depicted lighter than her actual pigmentation, company sources said Wednesday.
Davos, Switzerland, Jan. 23 (Jiji Press)--Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono engaged in a bitter war of words with his South Korean counterpart, Kang Kyung-wha, on Wednesday over what Seoul claims is a "threatening flight" by a Japanese patrol plane near a South Korean warship.
- Venezuela Parliament Head Declares Himself Interim President
- Worries Mounting over Negative Economic Effects of US Govt Shutdown
- Wheelchair Tennis: Kunieda, Kamiji Reach Australian Open Singles Semifinals
- Japan to Aim for 2021 World Heritage Listing of Jomon Period Sites
- Japan, S. Korea Ministers Trade Barbs over "Threatening Flight"
- Japan FTC Begins Surveys on IT Giants
- (Update) S. Korea Accuses Japan Patrol Plane of Threatening Flight Again
- Abe Calls for Worldwide Data Governance under WTO
- Nissin Apologizes for Skin Color of Naomi Osaka on Anime Ad
- Nissin Food to End Anime Video Ad Featuring Naomi Osaka
- Sony's Aibo to Watch Over Family at Home
- Nomura, Carlyle to Buy Orion Breweries for 57 B. Yen
- (Update 2) Subaru Halts Vehicle Production in Japan
- (Update) Subaru Halts Vehicle Production in Japan
（例文） Many brokerage houses were affected by a computer system glitch.
AFP-JIJI PRESS NEWS JOURNAL
|Michelin boosts female chefs in 2019 guide|
|International tourist arrivals up 6% to 1.4 bn in 2018-- UN|
|Egypt sentences TV host to jail over gay interview|
|Taiwan's 'Bikini Climber' social media star dies after ravine fall|
|Scientists warn of climate 'time bomb' for world's groundwater|
|Hundreds of Nantes fans gather in support of missing Sala|
|World's 26 richest own same as poorest half of humanity-- Oxfam|
|In China, unhappiness tracks poor air quality|
|'It made me feel better' says racquet-smasher Zverev|