April 08, 2020
Tokyo, April 8 (Jiji Press)--A coronavirus response team of Japan's health ministry estimates that it would take about a month to bring the outbreak under control in the country if people reduce person-to-person contact by 80 pct.
Tokyo/Osaka, April 8 (Jiji Press)--On Tuesday evening, many people in Japan watched Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's press conference about his declaration of a state of emergency over the coronavirus outbreak while being worried about their lives in an unprecedented situation facing the country.
- Israeli Govt Decides on Phased Nationwide Lockdown from Tues. through Fri.
- Japan's Core Machinery Orders Rise 2.3% in Feb., Up for 2nd Straight Month
- MLB: Angels' Shohei Ohtani to Throw in Bullpen Soon, Pitching Coach Says
- New York City Coronavirus Deaths Surpass Deaths from 9/11 Terrorist Attacks
- Japan Can Contain Outbreak in One Month: Ministry Team
- Concerns Mounting in Japan after Coronavirus Emergency Declaration
- Japan's Current Account Surplus Expands 21.2 Pct in Feb.
- Japan's Core Machinery Orders Rise 2.3 Pct in Feb.
- (Update 2) Abe Declares Coronavirus Emergency for Tokyo, Other Areas
- WeWork Sues Softbank for Canceling Tender Offer
- Honda to Furlough 10,000 Workers in U.S.
- Manufacturers to Examine Impact of Virus Emergency on Plant Operations
- Japan Biz World Backs Coronavirus Emergency Declaration
- Nippon Steel to Idle 2 Furnaces amid Coronavirus Crisis
（例文） The blame game over who was responsible for the vehicle crash is continuing.
AFP-JIJI PRESS NEWS JOURNAL
|Britain set for 66,000 COVID-19 deaths, most in Europe-- study|
|Could TB vaccine protect medics from COVID-19?|
|Hundreds of abandoned animals die at Pakistan pet markets|
|Coronavirus reveals, exacerbates US inequality|
|In first, US brands white supremacists as foreign terrorists|
|Coronavirus not an opportunity for athletes to dope-- WADA president|
|Phelps urges athletes to seek help for stress of Games delay|
|Japan telework orchestra strikes a chord in coronavirus gloom|
|Apple to ship 1 mn face shields a week for medical workers|