INTERVIEW: Mitsubishi Heavy to Downscale Coal Power Biz
Tokyo, March 18 (Jiji Press)--Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. <7011> plans to cut back its coal power generation-related business while beefing up operations in growth fields, such as logistics and air conditioning, Seiji Izumisawa, the Japanese heavy machinery maker's incoming president, said in a recent interview.
The current Mitsubishi Heavy executive vice president, set to take the helm of the company on April 1, said demand for coal-based power generation is projected to go down due to a global shift to energy sources that emit less greenhouse gasses.
- 03/18 17:15 INTERVIEW: Mitsubishi Heavy to Downscale Coal Power Biz
- 03/18 16:38 New Condo Supply in Tokyo Area Down for 2 Months in Row
- 03/18 11:28 Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi Alliance Needs Simpler Decision-Making: Senard
- 03/18 09:22 Descente Pres. Likely to Step Down after Successful Hostile Bid by Itochu
- 03/17 22:29 Special Panel on Nissan Reform to Meet Press on March 27
- 03/15 23:25 Movie Theater Yurakucho Subaru-za to Close after 53 Yrs
- 03/15 22:58 Itochu's Hostile Bid for Descente Ends in Success
- 03/15 07:01 Toyota to Invest 750 M. Dollars in U.S. Plants
- 03/14 21:08 Nissan to Launch New Model in Japan for 1st Time in 18 Months
- 03/14 17:53 Itochu's Hostile Tender Offer for Descente Likely Successful
- 03/14 07:18 Nissan May Leave Chairman's Post Vacant for Time Being
- 03/13 23:45 Daiwa House Finds Fund Misappropriation at Chinese Affiliate
- 03/13 18:03 Meiji to Sell Liquid Baby Formula in Japan
- 03/13 11:00 Honda Recalls 1.1 M. Cars in U.S. to Redo Air Bag Replacement
- 03/13 06:53 Nissan to End Production of Infiniti Brand Cars in Britain
- 03/12 22:43 No Change Yet in ANA Plan to Buy Boeing 737 Max 8
- 03/12 22:16 Japan's Fujifilm to Buy Manufacturing Unit of U.S. Biogen
- 03/12 22:09 Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Motors to Set Up Alliance Management Board
- 03/12 20:37 Toyota, JAXA to Explore Moon with Manned Rover
- 03/12 19:06 Line, Sompo Japan Starts Service for Insurance Gifts
- 03/12 16:39 Nippon Life, Meiji Yasuda Life Mulling 3 Pct Pay Hike
- 03/12 12:15 Ootoya Restaurants Undergo 1-Day Shutdown for Staff Reeducation
- 03/12 10:37 U.S. Fund to Urge Toshiba to Reshuffle Board
- 03/12 07:00 Japan Machine Tool Orders Hit 2-Year Low in Feb.
- 03/11 22:12 Liquid Baby Formula Hits Japanese Store Shelves
- 03/11 21:37 INTERVIEW: SBI Eyes 100-B.-Yen Fund to Support Biz Succession
- 03/11 19:10 Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Heads to Meet Press Tues.