Sumitomo Chemical Starts Rooftop Lettuce Cultivation in Singapore
Tokyo, Aug. 17 (Jiji Press)--Sumitomo Chemical Co. <4005> said Thursday it has started test cultivation of lettuce on a rooftop of a research facility in Singapore, as part of a project to develop a model for urban farming in Asia.
The Japanese company built a 265-square-meter agricultural greenhouse on the rooftop of the research facility of the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore, or AVA, to grow five high-quality types of lettuce including leaf lettuce.
- 08/17 16:22 Sumitomo Chemical Starts Rooftop Lettuce Cultivation in Singapore
- 08/16 20:21 Cerberus Sells Out Seibu Shareholdings
- 08/16 16:15 Biz Complex to Be Built Near TSE as Part of Kabutocho Redevelopment
- 08/16 12:53 Seven-Eleven Japan Opens Spacious Store in Tokyo
- 08/16 09:00 Major Japan Banks Seeking Next-Generation Branches
- 08/15 23:01 Kagome to Pull Plug on U.S. Family Food Biz
- 08/15 17:41 Tokyo-Area New Condo Supply Up 3.3 Pct in July
- 08/15 12:56 Japan's MS&AD to Acquire Stake in Australia's Challenger
- 08/14 22:30 Japanese Life Insurers Working to Bolster Capital
- 08/14 21:12 Legoland Japan Struggling with Perceptions of High Fees
- 08/14 19:33 Bird-Shaped Robot Developed for English Conversation Practice
- 08/14 15:41 Credit Saison to Make All Workers Regular Employees
- 08/12 20:37 Under Hon Hai, Sharp Back to Growth; Staff Unhappy with Meritocracy