France Proposes Nissan-Renault Business Integration
Tokyo, Jan. 20 (Jiji Press)--The French government has informed the Japanese government of its hope of drastically strengthening the partnership between Nissan Motor Co. <7201> and its French alliance partner, Renault SA, through business integration, it was learned Sunday.
The French government, the top shareholder of Renault, is believed to be aiming for a boost to its influence over Nissan, in which Renault holds a 43.4 pct equity stake.
The French government sent a delegation to Japan last week to discuss the Nissan-Renault partnership following the arrest of former Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn on charges of financial misconduct and special breach of trust. French representatives held talks with Japanese government officials and Nissan executives.
According to informed sources, the French officials proposed strengthening the Nissan-Renault partnership in technology and management terms. They are believed to have proposed business integration of the two automakers under a joint holding company.
As the Japanese government is not a shareholder of either company, government officials told the French representatives that the two private companies should strengthen their partnership through bilateral negotiations, the sources said.
- 01/20 22:56 France Proposes Nissan-Renault Business Integration
- 01/20 19:46 113-Year-Old Japanese, World's Oldest Man, Dies
- 01/20 16:18 Abe to Hold Talks with Putin to Promote Island Talks
- 01/19 19:41 Japan Cautiously Hopes for Progress on N. Korea Denuclearization
- 01/19 18:38 Ichiyo Higuchi's "Takekurabe" Manuscript Fetches 21 M. Yen
- 01/19 17:32 TPP Ministers Call for Enhancing Open Trade System
- 01/19 14:10 Japan to Disclose Radio Sounds as Proof of Radar Lock-On
- 01/18 21:39 (Update) Nissan, Mitsubishi Detect Improper Payments to Ghosn
- 01/18 18:09 Abe Cabinet Support Rises to 43 Pct: Jiji Poll
- 01/18 16:57 Mitsubishi Motors Alleges Ex-Boss Ghosn Improperly Paid by Dutch Unit
- 01/18 16:06 (Update) Japan Successfully Launches 4th Epsilon Rocket with 7 Satellites
- 01/18 14:17 Western Japan City Sacks Otter as Tourism Ambassador
- 01/18 13:43 Japan Successfully Launches 4th Epsilon Rocket with 7 Satellites
- 01/18 13:18 Japan to Convene Regular Diet Session on Jan. 28
- 01/18 13:15 10th Antique "Hina" Doll Exhibition Starts in Tokyo
- 01/18 12:30 Number of Suicides in Japan Hits 37-Year Low in 2018
- 01/18 11:54 Japan Govt Revises FY 2019 Budget after Bungled Labor Survey
- 01/18 10:30 Ski Jumping Star Kobayashi Happy with Key Competition Victory
- 01/18 08:43 Japan Core Consumer Prices Up 0.7 Pct in Dec.
- 01/18 07:31 Japan Govt Decides to Revise Cybersecurity Guidelines
- 01/18 00:22 (Update) Japan to Punish Labor Bureaucrats over Survey Irregularities
- 01/17 23:21 Japanese Court Backs Demolition of Building Hit by March 2011 Tsunami
- 01/17 17:50 (Update 2) Memorial Services Held on 24th Anniversary of Hanshin Quake
- 01/17 15:24 Emperor Akihito's Abdication Ceremony to Start at 5 P.M.
- 01/17 14:46 Pentagon Official Welcomes Japan's New Defense Guidelines
- 01/17 14:27 (Update) Memorial Services Held on 24th Anniversary of Great Hanshin Quake
- 01/17 11:24 Memorial Services Held on 24th Anniversary of Great Hanshin Quake
- 01/17 10:00 Impact Investment Growing Rapidly
- 01/17 00:33 990,000 New Cancer Patients Reported in Japan in 2016
- 01/16 21:53 Japan Protests S. Korea for Disclosing Content of Radar Lock-on Talks
- 01/16 21:08 1995 Quake-Hit Areas Seeking Use of ICT to Tackle Disasters
- 01/16 20:28 Japan to Oblige Big Companies to Have Outside Directors
- 01/16 19:52 (Update) Sumo Grand Champion Kisenosato Retires
- 01/16 18:19 Visitors to Japan Total 31.19 M in 2018
- 01/16 15:03 New Year's Poetry Reading, Last in Heisei Era, Held
- 01/16 13:57 Tokyo Govt Conducts Disaster Drill for Foreigners
- 01/16 13:31 Sumo Grand Champion Kisenosato Decides to Retire
- 01/16 08:57 Japan Core Machinery Orders Down 0.0 Pct in Nov.
- 01/16 01:02 (Update) Japan, Russia Follow Up Ministerial Territorial Talks
- 01/15 22:04 Dark Clouds Gathering over North Korea's Abduction Issue
- 01/15 19:05 Ghosn's Wife Raps Japan's "Hostage Justice" System
- 01/15 18:40 Japan to Defer Legislation against Manga Pirate Websites
- 01/15 17:19 Tokyo Court Rejects Ghosn's Bail Request
- 01/15 16:15 (Update) Google Japan Fails to Declare 3.5 B. Yen in Taxable Income
- 01/15 16:12 Victims Remembered 3 Years after Karuizawa Bus Crash
- 01/15 15:39 Japan Olympic Chief Reiterates Innocence in Alleged Bribery
- 01/15 15:31 Tuna Auction Viewing Area Opens at Toyosu Market
- 01/15 14:32 Google Japan Fails to Declare 3.5 B. Yen in Taxable Income
- 01/15 10:19 Japan, S. Korea Remain Divided over Radar Lock-On
- 01/15 07:37 (Update) Abe-Putin Meeting Set for Jan. 22 in Moscow
- 01/14 22:45 Japan, Russia Kick Off Full-Fledged Islet Talks
- 01/14 17:12 Tokyo Said Seeking Seoul's Reply to Talk Request within 30 Days
- 01/14 15:07 Japanese Philosophy Heavyweight Umehara Dies at 93